Gregori and Grigori Watchers?

JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

I just recently got the Gregori Watcher from CH. So far, I think he’s kind of touchy because I feel a lot of touches lately. Anyway, as I was scrolling around Lisa’s shop (because I’m stuck at home and have nothing to do), I noticed that she sell Grigori Watchers.

I was a bit confused. What the difference between the Gregori and Grigori Watchers?

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
TrueGalacticPrince
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune & Courtwind
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Morrwin
Zodiac:

JenNeutral wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:47 pm I just recently got the Gregori Watcher from CH. So far, I think he’s kind of touchy because I feel a lot of touches lately. Anyway, as I was scrolling around Lisa’s shop (because I’m stuck at home and have nothing to do), I noticed that she sell Grigori Watchers.

I was a bit confused. What the difference between the Gregori and Grigori Watchers?
I've noticed this as well but I think it's the same thing just spelled differently. Officially if we talk about the Watchers in the Book of Enoch it would be spelled as Grigori which is Slavic translation of the Greek word egrḗgoroi which means "wakeful". This is why their name is a ruff translation of "one who never sleeps" or "one who is awake". The tricky thing about English is that one word could mean so much. There are also people who spell it as Gregory but again I think they are all the same entity just spelled differently.

1=Nixie (Nix) 1=Masheba (Z) 1=Courtwind Angel (F) 1=Chinese Fox (Lady Fox) 1=Bellaydi Elf (B-Elf) 1=Hippogryph (H-Gryph) 1=Ivory Dragon (Roo or Nap Dragon) 1=Kobold (C) 1=Cwn Annew (C-Hound) 1=Ki-Lin (Z-Lin) 1=Wraith? (Casper) 1=Kitsune (T) 1=Norse Tiger (D) 1=Pet Dragon (E) 1=Midnight Moon Angel of Abundance (S) 1=Were-Dragon (K) 1=Selkie (M) 1=Alya 1=Raiju (A)
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think Watchers are kind of a general category of spirit. (Those who watch the human race.)

You can get different types of Watchers: CH have Gregori Watchers (DA) and Watchtower Watchers (WA).

Lisa of MMT has Grigori Watchers (DA) and Watchers (Light Natured) - different from Watchtower Watchers.

I think the Grigori and Gregori Watchers are basically the same type of spirit. The two words do seem to be different spellings of the same thing. But the only way to clear that up for sure would be to ask the conjurer /seller.

So we're talking about 3 different types of Watchers here.

I came across an interesting article on Watchers searching the internet one day. It sheds light on the cultural origins of the Watchers mythos. (It also seems to have plagiarised the CH description and associations for Gregori towards the end of the article.)
https://psychicladymogwa.wordpress.com/ ... i-spirits/

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

TrueGalacticPrince wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:12 pm
JenNeutral wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:47 pm I just recently got the Gregori Watcher from CH. So far, I think he’s kind of touchy because I feel a lot of touches lately. Anyway, as I was scrolling around Lisa’s shop (because I’m stuck at home and have nothing to do), I noticed that she sell Grigori Watchers.

I've noticed this as well but I think it's the same thing just spelled differently. Officially if we talk about the Watchers in the Book of Enoch it would be spelled as Grigori which is Slavic translation of the Greek word egrḗgoroi which means "wakeful". This is why their name is a ruff translation of "one who never sleeps" or "one who is awake". The tricky thing about English is that one word could mean so much. There are also people who spell it as Gregory but again I think they are all the same entity just spelled differently.
Oh, so basically it's the same thing but just spell differently? Interesting.

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor

Lewk wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:13 pm I think Watchers are kind of a general category of spirit. (Those who watch the human race.)

You can get different types of Watchers: CH have Gregori Watchers (DA) and Watchtower Watchers (WA).

Lisa of MMT has Grigori Watchers (DA) and Watchers (Light Natured) - different from Watchtower Watchers.

I think the Grigori and Gregori Watchers are basically the same type of spirit. The two words do seem to be different spellings of the same thing. But the only way to clear that up for sure would be to ask the conjurer /seller.

So we're talking about 3 different types of Watchers here.

I came across an interesting article on Watchers searching the internet one day. It sheds light on the cultural origins of the Watchers mythos. (It also seems to have plagiarised the CH description and associations for Gregori towards the end of the article.)
https://psychicladymogwa.wordpress.com/ ... i-spirits/
Thanks for the article! I'll check it out later.

Return to “Dark Arts”