new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1

Hi

I am struggling to connect with my WA spirit. She gives me minor key headaches and after almost a month of trying, very little luck with contact, except for the first day.

I did a "Top 5 spirits reading" from CH and got mostly DA creatures, which surprised me. The suggestions look like a handful, eg Eloko Dwarf, Empusa, Nephilim Angel, and I want to ease into working with them.

Can anyone reccommend a DA spirit that isn't too energetic or demanding and is suitable for beginners?

Thank you.

Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

Well a hellhound. I just got mine and he is amazing.look up the the encyclopedia for info about them

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
DKBrown
new here
new here

Thanks @Lonikh
As spirit companions they are fiercely loyal to their Keeper; serving no one but them for their Keeper's natural (and sometimes after) life. Those meant to be a Hellhound Keeper know right away. There is only a small percentage of Spirit Keepers called to own a Hellhound... and it isn't because of their foreboding name.
Yeah, I'm not especially called to Hellhounds. I don't think I'm right for them.

DKBrown
new here
new here

Another question. If I do a reverse adoption for a DA spirit, is there any way I can guarantee that I'll be able to get a spirit where I can manage the energy?

Oh, ^%$# it. I'm just realized I'm in my fear right now. I am trying to control things.

Anyway, feedback and suggestions are welcome. My earlier questions still stand.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

DKBrown wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:01 pm Another question. If I do a reverse adoption for a DA spirit, is there any way I can guarantee that I'll be able to get a spirit where I can manage the energy?

Oh, ^%$# it. I'm just realized I'm in my fear right now. I am trying to control things.

Hi

You would probably be able to ask these questions of the seller before you actually order a reverse adoption or custom conjured or prebound da spirit - as they would be the ones in whose hands it is to choose the right spirit, based on your needs or preferences.

I would recommend gargoyles or psy vampires as ideal spirits - in theory - for someone starting out with da spirits. This also seems to be what CH recommends in their DA book and elsewhere. Both gargoyles and psy vampires are on the lightest end of the grey/da spectrum.

I'm mightily impressed with my gargoyles, who are wonderful companions - from CH. I also have a psy vampire from Lisa of Mystic Morning Treasures (a Norse Vampire) who I am also extremely impressed with.

It's interesting that you have headaches with a WA spirit. They're usually thought to not cause acclimation symptoms (unlike da spirits that are darker than their keeper). It's possible that is what I think of as an energy feedback thing related to your unconscious/subconscious, an uncertainty, subtle anxiety or resistance thing - which is far more common than perhaps many people realise. (I've certainly had more than my fair share of that kind of thing.)

You can of course ask your WA spirit politely if they can help you to reduce that symptom. Also you can ask the spirit to remove any thoughtforms you have of them, which might help clear the energetic link between you somewhat.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

I think human spirits are also okay for beginners if you're okay with it. :)

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals
DKBrown
new here
new here

@Lewk and @blezheng, thak you
Lewk wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:51 pm Hi

You would probably be able to ask these questions of the seller before you actually order a reverse adoption or custom conjured or prebound da spirit - as they would be the ones in whose hands it is to choose the right spirit, based on your needs or preferences.

I would recommend gargoyles or psy vampires as ideal spirits - in theory - for someone starting out with da spirits. This also seems to be what CH recommends in their DA book and elsewhere. Both gargoyles and psy vampires are on the lightest end of the grey/da spectrum.

I'm mightily impressed with my gargoyles, who are wonderful companions - from CH. I also have a psy vampire from Lisa of Mystic Morning Treasures (a Norse Vampire) who I am also extremely impressed with.

It's interesting that you have headaches with a WA spirit. They're usually thought to not cause acclimation symptoms (unlike da spirits that are darker than their keeper). It's possible that is what I think of as an energy feedback thing related to your unconscious/subconscious, an uncertainty, subtle anxiety or resistance thing - which is far more common than perhaps many people realise. (I've certainly had more than my fair share of that kind of thing.)

You can of course ask your WA spirit politely if they can help you to reduce that symptom. Also you can ask the spirit to remove any thoughtforms you have of them, which might help clear the energetic link between you somewhat.
I will check out gargoyles and psy vampires.

As for the headaches, I'm a highly sensitive person but I am starting to realize how uneducated I am about my sensitivites. I'll ask my WA spirit to reduce herself a little for me. What are thoughtforms? Are they just beliefs?

Quilin
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 70
Your favorite spirit to work with: daemon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dwarf
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow

DKBrown wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:01 pm Another question. If I do a reverse adoption for a DA spirit, is there any way I can guarantee that I'll be able to get a spirit where I can manage the energy?

I'm a strict DA keeper... WA types react badly to me. You just may be a dark person like me. Now remember: dark is not evil. Here's an entire page on that if you'd like some illustration: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... kIsnotEvil

Don't be scared. You are stronger than you know and learning control will take time. An Eloko might be a good mix. I ran into one early on and he was pretty helpful. They are spellcasters and dwarves so you know they're based. Also unseelie... so fun for folks like us! Pretty mellow, too, even if they like wreaking havok on humans. Keep them busy and all is well.

I also second the idea of human spirits being easy to work with. They are pure neutral normally, which is good while you're learning your bearings. They also can learn with you and grow stronger. Anything you can do they can do, too, even if they must learn how.

Anyway, on reverse adoptions they only call folks that want to work with you. You'll be able to manage them. They never throw anyone the "dangerous" spirits like true demons (they call those "black arts" here, not dark) and I'd say the most dangerous stuff they have are vampires and succubus types. I wouldn't work with psychic vampires or succubus types because they both drain energy and tend to like to try to control/manipulate their keepers. I have a very bad track record with those despite my alignment. Just tell them if there's anything you don't want when you do a reverse adoption. I know I do.

Also don't be shocked if they fling you a wraith. CH has tossed me two so far and I have worked with lots of them over time. Maybe I just attract wraiths like warm puddles of sunlight attract kitties, but man do I get a lot of wraiths... even if they don't always personally identify as such. CH classes wraiths as "protectors" for dark people and I guess that's not incorrect, even if an interesting way to state things.

I currently have a request out to see what 5 they think work for me. I'm curious what they say!

As to the WA you own? You can rehome them. CH does allow you to send spirits back for adoption. Or you can find someone in the forums who wants a new one. Either works.

There are no masters; only students who know more or less.

...plus various old friends who enjoy stopping by.
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

DKBrown wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 pm [...]What are thoughtforms? Are they just beliefs?[...]
Thoughtforms - well this can refer to a few things. In fact, it's a whole, rich area of study. I hope you don't mind if I try and give some context.

tl;dr

Yes, our beliefs or internal pictures about our spirits - especially if they include an element of doubt, anxiety or fear - can easily interfere with the clear connection between us.

There's the classic taoist line - the Way that can be spoken is not the true Way. In the same way, what we think of a spirit may not be what they are. You could call that a keeper's thoughtform of the spirit.

I think it might have been Apophis who I saw suggest in a post that we can ask our spirits to remove thoughtforms we have of them.

First of all, the idea is we each have mental 'energy' and our thoughts can form pictures or packets of patterned energy. Commonly there is a visual component, and maybe a feeling, sometimes sounds and smells as well.

It's not much different to the idea that we can see psychic pictures in people's auras.

Passing thoughts come and go - if we don't guard our thoughts we may unwittingly sometimes send passing thoughtforms out into the universe. For the most part that is just part of the vast psychic background 'out there'. There is also a lot of what some people call broken constructs floating around out there, including the result of previous magical or psychic work done by people that hasn't gone away entirely, as well as the 'normal' thoughts going backwards and forwards, for example when we think strongly of people sometimes.

If I remember correctly, in the early days of the Order of the Golden Dawn, a couple of its founder members visited places like churches and drew pictures of the thoughtforms that they sensed there - an energy built up by repeated group. worship.

A 20th century hermeticist, Franz Bardon, taught thought control and warned that our emotional anxieties and stresses - and, yes, strong beliefs - can cause some of our mental energy to leach off and feed thoughtforms he called larvae. The idea is every time we stimulate a worry / fear we feed that kind of thoughtform, which can take on a life of its own and potentially cause psychic problems that look like they come from an external source. The other thing he talked about is 'schema', which are caused by a person's mental energy when they believe something strongly, for example about a person. The classic example was meeting someone with dark, forbidding eyebrows and fearing they are a black magician. The theory is that in the worst case scenarios our own mental energy can cause us 'magical' problems every bit as real as magic done against us with ill will by others.

Much of that links to shadow work - another rich field for personal study / work. That Jungian idea is that we tend to project our ideas of people and things onto situations and see those instead of the reality and find ourselves repeatedly working through those projections in our lives.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
DKBrown
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:46 pm
DKBrown wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 pm [...]What are thoughtforms? Are they just beliefs?[...]
Thoughtforms - well this can refer to a few things. In fact, it's a whole, rich area of study. I hope you don't mind if I try and give some context.

tl;dr

Yes, our beliefs or internal pictures about our spirits - especially if they include an element of doubt, anxiety or fear - can easily interfere with the clear connection between us.

There's the classic taoist line - the Way that can be spoken is not the true Way. In the same way, what we think of a spirit may not be what they are. You could call that a keeper's thoughtform of the spirit.

I think it might have been Apophis who I saw suggest in a post that we can ask our spirits to remove thoughtforms we have of them.

First of all, the idea is we each have mental 'energy' and our thoughts can form pictures or packets of patterned energy. Commonly there is a visual component, and maybe a feeling, sometimes sounds and smells as well.

It's not much different to the idea that we can see psychic pictures in people's auras.

Passing thoughts come and go - if we don't guard our thoughts we may unwittingly sometimes send passing thoughtforms out into the universe. For the most part that is just part of the vast psychic background 'out there'. There is also a lot of what some people call broken constructs floating around out there, including the result of previous magical or psychic work done by people that hasn't gone away entirely, as well as the 'normal' thoughts going backwards and forwards, for example when we think strongly of people sometimes.

If I remember correctly, in the early days of the Order of the Golden Dawn, a couple of its founder members visited places like churches and drew pictures of the thoughtforms that they sensed there - an energy built up by repeated group. worship.

A 20th century hermeticist, Franz Bardon, taught thought control and warned that our emotional anxieties and stresses - and, yes, strong beliefs - can cause some of our mental energy to leach off and feed thoughtforms he called larvae. The idea is every time we stimulate a worry / fear we feed that kind of thoughtform, which can take on a life of its own and potentially cause psychic problems that look like they come from an external source. The other thing he talked about is 'schema', which are caused by a person's mental energy when they believe something strongly, for example about a person. The classic example was meeting someone with dark, forbidding eyebrows and fearing they are a black magician. The theory is that in the worst case scenarios our own mental energy can cause us 'magical' problems every bit as real as magic done against us with ill will by others.

Much of that links to shadow work - another rich field for personal study / work. That Jungian idea is that we tend to project our ideas of people and things onto situations and see those instead of the reality and find ourselves repeatedly working through those projections in our lives.
Thank you again, @Lewk. I am going to take your advice and get a gargoyle.

I struggle a lot with thought control. I have a hidden family history of mental illness. I wouldn't get a diagnosis if I went to a psychiatrist but I still struggle with intrusive thoughts, obsessions, and anxiety.

I asked my spirit to tone down the headaches and she has complied. Unfortunately, that also means a loss in physical sensation. Mostly, I've been experiencing magick and my spirit in terms of bodily sensation. I don't get a lot of visualizations, dialogue, and I never get scents. I don't remember my past very well and I rarely remember my dreams, despite many attempts on my part. My indistinct inner life is definitely an area of frustration for me. I am really curious about magick in that it may be able to help me get a better handle on my inner life.

Franz Bardon is definitely on my to read list. He seems intense and I am working up to it. Right now I am reading spirit keeping literature, some Gallery of Magick, and some Donald Tyson.

I have done shadow work. I just finished a really intense class in a mixed gender setting. That was a first for me, I usually work in a men's group. I've found it .... I don't know, impossible to track results for. I just don't understand what I am getting out of a group. I did find myself wanting to connect more with people after this last class, so that's something.

Lewk, I appreciate all of you expertise and feedback. Thank you.

Return to “Dark Arts”