Doubt on cambion

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master

I have felt curiosity towards cambion lately (even though I am not so much into incubus). But one thing I can not understand and has kept me from getting one.
How did the combination human + incubus happen?
When, where, in the astral on earth? How is that possible? Is it so that incubus and human used to live on earth together and they procreataed cambions? Aren't incubuses from other realms than earth? I am puzzled.

Could anybody experienced with cambions please explain?

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

Oh, the whole question about cross species breeding.

I tend to think that "earth realms" are not necessarily this earth, though perhaps CH would disagree. Maybe there were more visits by "good neighbor" living entities in the past. Did their energy influence the human fetus to become more like them? Were they compatible and present enough to actually, literally impregnate a human? Don't know. Could be.

I don't know if I believe any of this, but there certainly are a lot of stories of people being half something. Half fae (though I suspect a lot of changelings were just ordinary kids that didn't thrive), Merlin (half-incubus?), modern UFO stories where the alien parent takes the child.

Not entirely related but I wish I could gently tell the author of the encyclopedia article that human genetic anomalies are not necessarily any kind of proof.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hmmm...I'm not sure. This is at the limit of my knowledge.

I notice CH don't seem to have as many hybrid spirit species as some other sellers. There are a lot of hybrid dragons in the Encyclopedia and that seems logical. Cambions seem to be one of the few other types.

I guess in the CH worldview, which is that spirits can't mate and have offspring, a living human must have been impregnated by a Succubus or Incubus and had a Cambion as living offspring. Or were the Succubus or Incubus living too at the time?

If a Cambion is available as a binding, I'm also guessing they have now passed from life to spirit.

I suspect there are competing origin myths for Cambions. Maybe some think Cambions are only ever in spirit form?

PS I don't have a Cambion.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

This is half tongue in cheek humor and half serious. I wonder if this is maybe based on the belief that living ubi can manifest here in the physical realm at least long enough for a hook-up. I mean how many people over the centuries have had one night stands they never heard from again? How many out of those numbers turned up pregnant? Maybe...just maybe the partner wasn't exactly human =). One never knows.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thank you all for replying and helping me understanding a bit more the situation with the cambion.

What draco_star898 wrote sounds to me like a possible way out from this enigma, "logically" speaking. Though it requires believing certain beings can appear as humans here, even if for a short time. I do believe that is possible. I think I also have met some of those beings in my life and realized it afterwards they were not humans, but this opens a totally new thread and I will not go into it now.

Thank you again.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

There were multiple cases where people said an angel appeared in the physical realm to help (and I believe in this). So why not other entities.

Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Nienna wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 pm There were multiple cases where people said an angel appeared in the physical realm to help (and I believe in this). So why not other entities.
I agree, why not.

Return to “Dark Arts”