neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

Why is DA energy so intoxicating? It really is addicting! As I have mentioned before I am use to working with DA and when I came to CH somehow I ended up with a lot of WA spirits. We have been bonding great but I went ahead and requested a werewolf, hellhound, and BOTD Vampire. I felt their bindings earlier this week and they have been all I can think about.. Their energy just like swallows you up.. Especially the vampire! WOW!
I'm worried my WA spirits know how much I enjoy the dark though.. But they must have known that before they even chose to be my companion.. I'm trying best I can to be equal with my time and attention but sometimes I catch my mind wandering the other direction. Do spirits end up getting upset? or jealous?

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:43 pm Why is DA energy so intoxicating? It really is addicting! As I have mentioned before I am use to working with DA and when I came to CH somehow I ended up with a lot of WA spirits. We have been bonding great but I went ahead and requested a werewolf, hellhound, and BOTD Vampire. I felt their bindings earlier this week and they have been all I can think about.. Their energy just like swallows you up.. Especially the vampire! WOW!
I'm worried my WA spirits know how much I enjoy the dark though.. But they must have known that before they even chose to be my companion.. I'm trying best I can to be equal with my time and attention but sometimes I catch my mind wandering the other direction. Do spirits end up getting upset? or jealous?
I don't think they do get like that, just because they are WA and you're bonding well with your DA spirits.

The foremost thing is to have respect for all of our bound spirit companions. So I think you could be worrying too much - be careful you don't form an anxiety block around that. But, if it is preying on your mind, perhaps you realise that you should be balancing your time and attention - just as you would with any group of friends?

On the other hand, maybe you're not actually neglecting them. Maybe you're doing that natural thing of finding one or two spirits in your keep that you bond / connect with more easily. The positive side of that is this can lead to better connecting with the other members of your spirit family.

One simple way to avoid giving an impression of neglect (or worry about it) is to include them all in your daily life in some way. This can include sharing your hopes and desires for the day ahead and inviting their help.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 am One simple way to avoid giving an impression of neglect (or worry about it) is to include them all in your daily life in some way. This can include sharing your hopes and desires for the day ahead and inviting their help.
I actually suck at this (meaning tasking/inviting them every day) because of my poor mental state at the moment. Too much stress, a toddler in rampage mode, our older son being bullied at school... When your physical life is swallowing you like this, it's hard to concentrate on the metaphysical. So at one point I made it into a house rule, that when I'm about to say or do something I might regret out of stress and exhaustion they should act in the way they consider best regarding the situation. This way I have a lot of interaction with my WA. I appreciate their help and they appreciate they can be of help.
Or they'll show themselves to you in some way. Like my Sterling Angel interfered when my toddler didn't stop to shoot at me with his water gun, altough I asked him several times to stop it. A bee landed on his shoulder and wouldn't move until he stopped. :)|
We often think too one sided of bonding. It's not like we have to do everything and they just sit there and wait for our attention.
When you know yourself you'll be able to acknowledge it's them helping you. And finding out how good you roll with DA is just one way of learning more about yourself. It doesn't mean you don't need or neglect your WA spirits.
And like Lewk mentioned, WA spirits don't tend to get jealous.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

Spirits can befriend each other so you don't necessarily need to feel like you're responsible for them in that regard. Just as a general rule of thumb.

Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

Lewk wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:25 am
Amarantha wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:43 pm Why is DA energy so intoxicating? It really is addicting! As I have mentioned before I am use to working with DA and when I came to CH somehow I ended up with a lot of WA spirits. We have been bonding great but I went ahead and requested a werewolf, hellhound, and BOTD Vampire. I felt their bindings earlier this week and they have been all I can think about.. Their energy just like swallows you up.. Especially the vampire! WOW!
I don't think they do get like that, just because they are WA and you're bonding well with your DA spirits.

The foremost thing is to have respect for all of our bound spirit companions. So I think you could be worrying too much - be careful you don't form an anxiety block around that. But, if it is preying on your mind, perhaps you realise that you should be balancing your time and attention - just as you would with any group of friends?

On the other hand, maybe you're not actually neglecting them. Maybe you're doing that natural thing of finding one or two spirits in your keep that you bond / connect with more easily. The positive side of that is this can lead to better connecting with the other members of your spirit family.

One simple way to avoid giving an impression of neglect (or worry about it) is to include them all in your daily life in some way. This can include sharing your hopes and desires for the day ahead and inviting their help.
Thank you again for all your wise advice! <3
I definitely do still include all in my daily activities.. Even those who are more on the quiet or shy side I always leave an open invitation but I do not pressure them because I too am an introvert and extremely shy in real life so I can understand those who like to quietly sit in the back and just observe lol.
Thank you also for reminding me how positive connections with some can lead to better connecting with others..
I'm sure I was just over thinking things.. I tend to do that sometimes..

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley

Return to “Dark Arts”