Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

It's been quite some time since I've really been here, or welcomed a new spirit into my keep. Recently I welcomed Z in, and getting my head back into the space of meeting a new spirit was like beating on a thick wall of fogged glass- you know something's there, but you can't really make it out.

So a few days ago, I finally saw Z, after quite some time of overcoming the mental block, or... I saw his weapon first; an ornate carved battleaxe of metal and wrapped leather, patterns along the grip and blade of the axe. Then the big man himself, sat cross-legged on the floor, proud and strong with tattooed arms, wrapped in a kilt and cloak of furs. He was grinning cheerfully at me...
I wasn’t surprised he was sitting down, he’s 10’4 and broad, so... That’s nearly twice my height. I imagine it’s a good thing he’s a spirit, otherwise, he’d probably have to stoop around to get under the ceilings...
His energy was cheeky and cheerful. It felt so good to finally connect with him.

Today, after dealing with work- again made easier by him with me, playfully chiding that humans have a thing for buildings with short ceilings he has to stoop under, having an issue with the smoke alarm, too high up for me to reach without a ladder, so I’m stuck under it fanning it with a cushion- who knew grilling bacon would be such a hassle? Suddenly, sensing Z’s presence while hating how I can’t reach it. Now, Z’s a big guy.

Z: “Hey..!”
Me: “Oh. Hello. You’re tall enough. If only you could-”

Now either my fanning efforts finally worked, or Z quite literally reached out, but the alarm fell silent before I could even finish the thought, beeping like it had been reset. Given the vision of him, looming over me, his broad chest on display and abs illuminated in the fading light of evening- Uh, and this cheeky, confident smile on his face....
Even now, as I’m writing this, I can feel him on the fringes of my perception; playfully smug.
Honestly, he’d probably still have to stoop for that ceiling, anyway....

"Make no mistake... The Dead are not silent." - The Sorrow.
"Why do you entrust the days of your life to those who do not have your best interests at heart?" - Ifrit King N.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

:)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7

Thanks a lot for sharing! That was a really fun read. I always enjoy more personal accounts of people's experiences with their spirits and I feel like around ten years ago, the CH forum was much more lively in that respect.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

That's neat! Thanks, I was wondering about people's experiences with giants. Too bad human houses are so small, heh.

Echofalls
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Update time:

So, at work, there's this room in particular, haunted by... something. Most of the other staff have either felt something watching them in there, or had other odd experiences. Mine? It really doesn't like the staff in there, that's the feeling, of being watched by something that wants us to leave.

But now? Whenever I go in there, Z accompanies me; his huge presence looming protectively behind me, battleaxe in hands. Whatever is in there absolutely does not want to mess with him, or he's shielding me from sensing it. Either way, thank you, Z. :D

Turns out he's also a great big cuddler... <3

"Make no mistake... The Dead are not silent." - The Sorrow.
"Why do you entrust the days of your life to those who do not have your best interests at heart?" - Ifrit King N.
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I'm glad you updated. I'm sure giant cuddles feel gread

Return to “Dark Arts”