specifying DA levels?

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

As a beginner, if I get a "surprise me" spirit would it make sense to add a note specifying that DA is okay only if they're lighter in nature or already very close to me? Do I have to explain what "lighter" means to me? I'm not looking for a being to push my boundaries right now because I can get that from living humans. 8))

I could just avoid DA in general because I'm a beginner. But I accidentally got two DA and I would hate to have missed them because I was avoiding DA. Both were guides: one human, one predatory animal. I enjoy their company and have not had any problems, apart from a headache when I first got the animal spirit.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

cairngorn wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:28 pm As a beginner, if I get a "surprise me" spirit would it make sense to add a note specifying that DA is okay only if they're lighter in nature or already very close to me? Do I have to explain what "lighter" means to me? I'm not looking for a being to push my boundaries right now because I can get that from living humans. 8))

I could just avoid DA in general because I'm a beginner. But I accidentally got two DA and I would hate to have missed them because I was avoiding DA. Both were guides: one human, one predatory animal. I enjoy their company and have not had any problems, apart from a headache when I first got the animal spirit.
Well, in the CH Dark Arts guidance book* ASH talks about the lightest / 'grey' side of DA spirits being most suitable for beginners or those inexperienced with keeping DA spirits. He mentions Psy Vampires and Gargoyles there.

So I think with CH orders it's absolutely fine and would make sense to ask for something like what you said in your notes.

*https://shop.creepyhollows.com/limited- ... k-ash.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

Thanks. Thought so but wanted to be sure.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I have it in my profile, that white arts for spirits and white and neutral arts for freebie spells. I did still recived 3 dark arts spirits one day.

One of them was actually my white art profile order I paid for that has lovely spells and my very special Cleopatra Djinn. I kept her, as Magnolia said she is light and I had her extended profile proved it to me. She is truly fantastic friend. And my only Djinn for eternally because I am just not a Djinn type of person.

My Black Dragon and a Gaki was also sent to me on the same order as a freebie. After correspondence with Magnolia, I decided to ask Mag to call back the Gaki.

And I decided for the Black Dragon to be kept. Apparently, he wanted to stick around. And looks like he knew me before, because I never had any dark arts headaches or side affects from him. I ABSOLUTELY love him. I feel so very protected by him. And Mag had no problems with calling back the Gaki and gave me a Bronwyn angel that is truly adorable.

Why am telling you all this? Because,
I figured, sometimes we need to give a chance to fate and let it given us something which we would otherwise missed out on.

I am very grateful for Magnolia missing my profile notes on that occasion and giving me those companions. Although, I still have my preference for NO DARK arts for all times. I feel strong and empowered with white arts companions. So I thought I share this with you. I hope you don't mind.

cairngorn wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:28 pm As a beginner, if I get a "surprise me" spirit would it make sense to add a note specifying that DA is okay only if they're lighter in nature or already very close to me? Do I have to explain what "lighter" means to me? I'm not looking for a being to push my boundaries right now because I can get that from living humans. 8))

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Dark Arts”