Shop Introduction - RaccoonReadings

If you have a Website or a Marketplace Shop, introduce yourself in this area!
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Name of Shop: RaccoonReadings
Owner: Stephanie
Shop website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RaccoonReadings
Social media: I do not currently maintain any social media devoted to this shop.
CH Forum/Community/Social Media Usernames: Alys, Alys-RaccoonReadings

Length of time in business: Since 2018
Length of time practicing/learning: Since 2015
Credentials/referrals/reviews:
Details I need
When you put in the order, there's a note to seller section. Just put in anything you know or think I need to know about the spirit. Since they aren't bound to me, it is very helpful for me to have a bit to go on. :) Even if it's just the spirit's name, race and a one line description of personality and/or appearance that really helps a lot.

Typically what people send me is the spirit’s name, race, and any other information you want to give me on their appearance and personality. 2-3 lines of text total generally suffices.

The Process
I get try to look and I get flashes. It isn’t very exact or intrusive. More of a glimpse than a stare, if that makes sense. Sometimes what I catch reflects what the human companion sees (that is, the relationship between them) more closely than a direct look at the spirit.

I’ve only recently started doing it for other people, so there is definitely room for me to get it wrong! So each listing has a certain number of revisions. (There are three tiers for each listing, each with different color options, turnaround times and total number of revisions available.) I haven't had any more than two revisions requested on a single portrait. The most common one is eye color, but skin shade is sometimes an issue for me too. I've noticed these issues come up when I second-guess myself. As it currently stands, out of eleven portraits, three have needed revisions. Of those, two were eye color and one was skin color.

I start with the portrait’s pose based on the flash of energy I catch a glimpse of. Then I go down to face shape and the shape of the nose and eyes. That’s a closer look than the pose, and there’s a lot of erasing and redrawing until the feeling of satisfaction clicks into place. Hair texture and color come next. Typically not hard to get. The eye color comes last and is definitely the hardest because it is a bit harder for me to get a fix on. It’s a closer/harder look, and I second guess myself there a lot, so I rely on the keeper quite a bit in this area, both because it can get really hard for me to stare and because I don’t want to be intrusive by staring.

For your shifter
Given that she likes to switch things up for you, I would be really interested in some of the ways she turns up for you. Sometimes shifters can be playful, of course. But I think there's room for differences in appearance to crop up due to *my perception* rather than what appearance they would intend to give off.

I once had a human spirit who, basically, didn't want to hold still. So he ended up with two portraits, which I was told was very in keeping with his personality. I suspect two portraits may have been his goal, lol!

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

In addition, it is very important for my buyers to know that I am a parent. Sometimes, my child has periods where he needs more time or energy from me than is our usual--and sometimes more than is most folks' usual. I try to communicate these times to clients with outstanding orders so that I can help manage expectations, but I never resent an outstanding order being checked on. Never hesitate to message me through Etsy's messaging system with any and all questions and concerns.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I'm trying to move away from relying on Etsy. They have been changing their policies and practices in a way that is trending away from working well for small sellers.

For now, my portrait service can be found at: https://www.raccoonreadings.com/product ... pirit-type . The cartomancy services are still on Etsy for now.

Later on, my cartomancy services will migrate from Etsy to the freestanding site as well.

Return to “Website/Marketplace Shop Introduction”