♪ Can anybody find mEE... some MEDITATION techniques to loooove ♫

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

Hi ⸝⁺✧
So I've been revisiting posts on bonding tips and meditation techniques, but the info seems to be repetitive and I'm in desperate search of something new.
I've also veered off of the forum countless times to see what the rest of the web's got for many years now, but I'm just not hitting the good stuff!!
So I come to you, with an also very repetitive question... (sorry, seriously).

What kind of meditation techniques do you guys use, even if unconventional? Even if it's not an elaborate process?

I struggle with meditation, always have. Traditional breathing techniques don't work the best for me, which is ridiculous because they're so simple, but I can't tap into a good meditative state of mind solely that way. Same thing with mantras. They get me into a relaxed state, which is important, but I don't seem to get any further? Visualizations help me with feeling a sense of renewal, positivity, inner balance at any moment I need it, and that's about it. (Not trying to devalue visualizations or the benefits, they are great).

I've always been confused with what mentality I'm supposed to approach meditation with. The concept is very simple, but I'm not looking at it the right way.
No control of thoughts, some control of thoughts, not thinking too much about it altogether, I've tried it at many angles. I came across this quote a few years ago that's helped me understand a little bit. It was something along the lines of "the purpose of meditation is not to control your thoughts, but to not let them control you." But I'm missing something in this all.

I find myself in meditative states while doing things like cleaning, copying down notes, especially doing dishes. Not the weirdest thing, but still different from traditional techniques. My long-standing goal has been to find a way to tap into that state, but without doing dishes lol. Introspecting helps, letting my mind wander while I stare at my ceiling or out a window, my breath gets deep and I become fully in tune with the present, but that's like a gamble. Most times now when I sit down to reflect on my mental state and life, I tap into a negative web where I don't get anything constructive or helpful.

So this is my cry for help, please enlighten me.
Thankyou

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Hi

Reading that, I thought: do you know what you want from meditation? Isolating an answer to that might enable you to plan a way to get there.

As you asked...

I've done many types of meditation and to start with, they came across me, rather than I went looking for them.

I started with Transcendental Meditation in 1971. Yes, it was calming but one day I unexpectedly went deep and saw a lot of light inside. Then, when I opened my eyes, outside of me too. So there's 2 things there: meditating for calm and meditating for 'illumination', as I call it.

I did another meditation for a decade, at least a couple of hours a day sitting and one technique whenever awake. This was linked to being the devotee of an Indian Guru and living the prescribed lifestyle. I achieved Samhadi a fair few times - which is just a very deep state of being one with the object of meditation. It is seen as a stage of enlightenment. Are you looking for enlightenment?

Taoist meditation brought me harmony or oneness with the natural universe and its energies.

Japanese Ki meditation brought me into the kind of zen, being-here-now state, no matter how physically active I was.

Mind / thought control meditations took me to a state beyond thoughts.

Chinese chi kung techniques are effectively meditations that bring you in touch with your internal energies, which can bring health benefits and also raise your energies (internal alchemy).

Tibetan Buddhist meditation can also take you beyond thought and put you in touch with your internal energies.

So what is it you want to achieve with meditation?

For thought control meditation, the method taught in the early chapters of Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics are good - but it's part of an overall system, which is extremely demanding for modern spiritual seekers.

Some of the meditations I've learned involved years of practice each. And I've also fallen off the path at times. Getting back on track is a whole other learning curve.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:Hi

Reading that, I thought: do you know what you want from meditation? Isolating an answer to that might enable you to plan a way to get there.

As you asked...

I've done many types of meditation and to start with, they came across me, rather than I went looking for them.

I started with Transcendental Meditation in 1971. Yes, it was calming but one day I unexpectedly went deep and saw a lot of light inside. Then, when I opened my eyes, outside of me too. So there's 2 things there: meditating for calm and meditating for 'illumination', as I call it.

I did another meditation for a decade, at least a couple of hours a day sitting and one technique whenever awake. This was linked to being the devotee of an Indian Guru and living the prescribed lifestyle. I achieved Samhadi a fair few times - which is just a very deep state of being one with the object of meditation. It is seen as a stage of enlightenment. Are you looking for enlightenment?

Taoist meditation brought me harmony or oneness with the natural universe and its energies.

Japanese Ki meditation brought me into the kind of zen, being-here-now state, no matter how physically active I was.

Mind / thought control meditations took me to a state beyond thoughts.

Chinese chi kung techniques are effectively meditations that bring you in touch with your internal energies, which can bring health benefits and also raise your energies (internal alchemy).

Tibetan Buddhist meditation can also take you beyond thought and put you in touch with your internal energies.

So what is it you want to achieve with meditation?

For thought control meditation, the method taught in the early chapters of Franz Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics are good - but it's part of an overall system, which is extremely demanding for modern spiritual seekers.

Some of the meditations I've learned involved years of practice each. And I've also fallen off the path at times. Getting back on track is a whole other learning curve.
Hi Lewk!
Thank you for such an informative response, I really appreciate it.

Reading it, I wondered why I never thought to jot down specific things I want to gain from meditation. Thinking on it some more before proceeding to read the rest of your post, I got kind of lost in all the possibilities because it's very broad in a sense? But you listing different types of meditations and what they do helped me to pinpoint exactly what I'd like to achieve.

I'm really interested in looking more into the Chi Kung techniques and internal alchemy in general. I have an urgency to raise my energy levels before anything, as I have been very fatigued in the last two years, 'brain fog' and difficulty to concentrate along with that. I would like something to help me snap out of a disassociative state so to speak. Secondly, I'm trying to focus on developing my psychic senses to feel and communicate with my spirits more effectively. I have not yet landed on a technique that really helps me hone those skills. The thought control meditation you speak of interests me as well. Will that help with developing my senses, since it has to do with getting in touch with your internal energies?

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

If you have a smartphone, there are free meditation apps out there to experiment with. Some have paid versions or in-app purchases, but I suggest checking the freebie versions out first, to help you decide whether to invest.

I’d also suggest trying nature sounds, if those appeal to you. Ocean waves and wind sounds help me a lot. Google around for audio. Youtube has a ton of them.

Good luck!

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Parroting L2R, how about binaural beats, isochronic tones, etc?

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:If you have a smartphone, there are free meditation apps out there to experiment with. Some have paid versions or in-app purchases, but I suggest checking the freebie versions out first, to help you decide whether to invest.

I’d also suggest trying nature sounds, if those appeal to you. Ocean waves and wind sounds help me a lot. Google around for audio. Youtube has a ton of them.

Good luck!
darkwing dook wrote:Parroting L2R, how about binaural beats, isochronic tones, etc?
Thanks for your responses guys, I really appreciate it (:
Likes2Read, So I have checked out some of the meditation apps in the past and downloaded a few since you posted your response. There's one that's pretty good, and paired with some solfeggio frequencies its quite pleasant, but those kinds of apps and guided meditations aren't as effective for me. I only reach a certain amount of success with them.

The night following my post, I laid in bed and started to do some conscious breathing with my eyes closed. I figured out a way to tap into a really focused state. As my eyes are closed, I pretend I open them again, and then I focus on consciously looking at my surroundings, (though it's all just darkness). So I simply act like my eyes are just as active as if they were open, but while they're actually closed.

Then following that, I do this visualization where I imagine there is an infinity symbol standing vertically from my hip to my chest. As I inhale I imagine an energy or glow of light making halfway through the symbol, going up my spine to my head. Then stop and hold my breath for a second, and then watch it go down as I exhale to complete the loop. As it goes down I imagine it either transmuting negative energies or imagine it simply reinforcing that same positive energy as it goes back down my spine again.

^ ^ ^ but upright

Thanks again,

Arsinée

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote:I'm really interested in looking more into the Chi Kung techniques and internal alchemy in general. I have an urgency to raise my energy levels before anything, as I have been very fatigued in the last two years, 'brain fog' and difficulty to concentrate along with that. I would like something to help me snap out of a disassociative state so to speak. Secondly, I'm trying to focus on developing my psychic senses to feel and communicate with my spirits more effectively. I have not yet landed on a technique that really helps me hone those skills. The thought control meditation you speak of interests me as well. Will that help with developing my senses, since it has to do with getting in touch with your internal energies?
Glad some of that was useful. uwu I hope some of this info is too.

1. For raising internal energy levels, I think Zhan Zhuang - often called standing practice - is very good at that, if done daily. It builds up / accumulates chi, which can make you feel more alert and with-it. And has a side of effect of promoting good health.

The best author on that for me is Lam Kam Chuen. His primary book on that is Chi Kung: The Way of Energy.

For someone who doesn't feel physically strong enough to do the standing (which you gradually build up from 5 minutes until you can do it for 20 minutes), I'd recommend Lam Kam Chuen's The Way of Healing: Chi Kung for Energy and Life. (Out of print so available copies are twice the normal price.) It explains how you can do standing practice sitting down or even lying down if not well enough to sit or stand, until you gain more energy.

When I've felt drained and exhausted I've found this chi kung brings me back to alertness and match fitness, so to speak, much more quickly than normally.

2. For a broader approach to Chi Kung, I think The Way of Qi Gong, by Kenneth Cohen is excellent and comprehensive. It includes a section on Zhan Zhuang and a brief one on the 'heavenly circulations'.

Learning the microcosmic orbit / small heavenly circulation involves raising chi along the main back channel to the top of the head, which itself can bring alertness.

These circulations are a fundamental part of internal alchemy in Chinese philosophy.

There's a simple chi kung, part of the body alignment in tai chi and other Chinese internal martial arts, in which you imagine the bai hui point on the top of the head suspended by a string from the ceiling. If you sit quietly with an erect torso, using that alignment, it keeps your head and neck still and it raises your spirit of vitality (jingshen) up the spine to the top of your head. I've often found this help me become more alert and less foggy. This chi kung was taught by Grand master Chen Man-Ch'ing, mainly as a spine exercise. I also think it also relates to Qinggong skills (aka 'lightness kung fu'.)

3. With thought control skills / learning to communicate with your spirits...

Do you want to achieve calmness and quietness, so you can hear the whispering (as I think it's sometimes called)?

Or do you have furious, torrential thought patterns that need to be controlled, bypassed or changed etc?

If you just need to calm your mind-body system,chi kung or a breath based calming meditation might do the trick.

If you have a problem with overactive mental activity, maybe a form of mindfulness, self observation or a cognitive approach can help.

4. The Franz Bardon thought control technique may not be the best way into psychic development.

I've previously mentioned Basic Psychic Development: A User's Guide to Auras, Chakras & Clairvoyance by by John Friedlander and Gloria Hemsher. They don't pitch it as meditation but basically all of the work done while learning the skills in that book is done while in light trance - a relaxed mental and physical state.

I think it's worth checking out - but it will involve a commitment of probably months at least to work through the learning path in the book. I came across possibly the first book on this system in 1982 - The Psychic Healing Book by Amy Wallace and Bill Henkin (1978 & 2004) and I'm very glad I did. But following the learning program in that day by day, week by week, took a year to complete.

find it again.
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote:
chemtrailchild wrote:I'm really interested in looking more into the Chi Kung techniques and internal alchemy in general. I have an urgency to raise my energy levels before anything, as I have been very fatigued in the last two years, 'brain fog' and difficulty to concentrate along with that. I would like something to help me snap out of a disassociative state so to speak. Secondly, I'm trying to focus on developing my psychic senses to feel and communicate with my spirits more effectively. I have not yet landed on a technique that really helps me hone those skills. The thought control meditation you speak of interests me as well. Will that help with developing my senses, since it has to do with getting in touch with your internal energies?
Glad some of that was useful. uwu I hope some of this info is too.

1. For raising internal energy levels, I think Zhan Zhuang - often called standing practice - is very good at that, if done daily. It builds up / accumulates chi, which can make you feel more alert and with-it. And has a side of effect of promoting good health.

The best author on that for me is Lam Kam Chuen. His primary book on that is Chi Kung: The Way of Energy.

For someone who doesn't feel physically strong enough to do the standing (which you gradually build up from 5 minutes until you can do it for 20 minutes), I'd recommend Lam Kam Chuen's The Way of Healing: Chi Kung for Energy and Life. (Out of print so available copies are twice the normal price.) It explains how you can do standing practice sitting down or even lying down if not well enough to sit or stand, until you gain more energy.

When I've felt drained and exhausted I've found this chi kung brings me back to alertness and match fitness, so to speak, much more quickly than normally.

2. For a broader approach to Chi Kung, I think The Way of Qi Gong, by Kenneth Cohen is excellent and comprehensive. It includes a section on Zhan Zhuang and a brief one on the 'heavenly circulations'.

Learning the microcosmic orbit / small heavenly circulation involves raising chi along the main back channel to the top of the head, which itself can bring alertness.

These circulations are a fundamental part of internal alchemy in Chinese philosophy.

There's a simple chi kung, part of the body alignment in tai chi and other Chinese internal martial arts, in which you imagine the bai hui point on the top of the head suspended by a string from the ceiling. If you sit quietly with an erect torso, using that alignment, it keeps your head and neck still and it raises your spirit of vitality (jingshen) up the spine to the top of your head. I've often found this help me become more alert and less foggy. This chi kung was taught by Grand master Chen Man-Ch'ing, mainly as a spine exercise. I also think it also relates to Qinggong skills (aka 'lightness kung fu'.)

3. With thought control skills / learning to communicate with your spirits...

Do you want to achieve calmness and quietness, so you can hear the whispering (as I think it's sometimes called)?

Or do you have furious, torrential thought patterns that need to be controlled, bypassed or changed etc?

If you just need to calm your mind-body system,chi kung or a breath based calming meditation might do the trick.

If you have a problem with overactive mental activity, maybe a form of mindfulness, self observation or a cognitive approach can help.

4. The Franz Bardon thought control technique may not be the best way into psychic development.

I've previously mentioned Basic Psychic Development: A User's Guide to Auras, Chakras & Clairvoyance by by John Friedlander and Gloria Hemsher. They don't pitch it as meditation but basically all of the work done while learning the skills in that book is done while in light trance - a relaxed mental and physical state.

I think it's worth checking out - but it will involve a commitment of probably months at least to work through the learning path in the book. I came across possibly the first book on this system in 1982 - The Psychic Healing Book by Amy Wallace and Bill Henkin (1978 & 2004) and I'm very glad I did. But following the learning program in that day by day, week by week, took a year to complete.
I wait anxiously and so excited for your responses, they've been the main thing I've looked forward to since I made this post. I can't tell you how much I truly appreciate this abundance of fruitful information at hand. Everything you write really goes far, thank you for taking the time out and sharing as much as you do.

I am overflowing with so many emotions right now. I found a way to access the book about basic psychic development you mentioned, and it's done wonders for me. I've been impatient when it comes to resources on how to help myself in any way, desperately rushing to find answers. So by the first pages, I jumped into an exercise that they mentioned to simply prepare for and just think on. I couldn't help myself and I tried to attempt it.

I could feel so many emotions I haven't been able to feel in almost two years. I let myself tap into myself--honestly and deeply-- something I've been trying to be able to do again for too long now. All the repressed pain and memories that make up my life and myself, I allowed to flow through me and out, and it has renewed me. I can't imagine what putting the other kinds of meditations you mentioned in action would do for me in terms of energy, since this is really restoring my life force again. I can't imagine what going further into the book and giving it time will do especially. This book is incredible.

Thank you so much once again for all the resources you've shared. It's such an incredibly big help, really!!

Much love to you

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

chemtrailchild wrote: I wait anxiously and so excited for your responses, they've been the main thing I've looked forward to since I made this post. I can't tell you how much I truly appreciate this abundance of fruitful information at hand. Everything you write really goes far, thank you for taking the time out and sharing as much as you do.

I am overflowing with so many emotions right now. I found a way to access the book about basic psychic development you mentioned, and it's done wonders for me. I've been impatient when it comes to resources on how to help myself in any way, desperately rushing to find answers. So by the first pages, I jumped into an exercise that they mentioned to simply prepare for and just think on. I couldn't help myself and I tried to attempt it.

I could feel so many emotions I haven't been able to feel in almost two years. I let myself tap into myself--honestly and deeply-- something I've been trying to be able to do again for too long now. All the repressed pain and memories that make up my life and myself, I allowed to flow through me and out, and it has renewed me. I can't imagine what putting the other kinds of meditations you mentioned in action would do for me in terms of energy, since this is really restoring my life force again. I can't imagine what going further into the book and giving it time will do especially. This book is incredible.

Thank you so much once again for all the resources you've shared. It's such an incredibly big help, really!!

Much love to you
That sounds really wonderful.

You're very welcome. uwu Those authors and books have helped me - deeply - a lot over the years too. So I'm really glad the information I was able to share is what you wanted. <3

find it again.
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

do a search for Burt Goldman..... the American Monk and you should find an intro to meditation in 7 youtube videos. I found him to be a good teacher for techniques as well as examples... also search for "the daisy pond" meditation if you just need to relax. Also if you have apple iPhone try an app called Omvana

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though

Return to “Meditation”