Build a meditation practice. It matters.

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I’m taking a six-week online course on being a magickal adept. Topic number one, right out of the gate: meditation.

I listen to multiple witchy podcasts. Any time they offer guidance on folks who are beginners, what’s the first suggestion? Meditation.

Basically, every form of instruction I am finding, online or in books, where building a meta practice into your life is the goal, meditation is the first thing we discuss.

Now, we might want to say, “I don’t want to sit and focus on clearing my mind! I wanna learn how to shoot lightning bolts from my fingers! RIGHT NOW!”

But think of “wax on, wax off” from Karate Kid. It might have LOOKED entirely unrelated to learning martial arts, but it was building crucial reflexes and muscle memory.

We can’t excel in magick without mental discipline. Period. No discipline, no progress. Meditation helps build that. So start small and build up, if need be, but do it.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Aryan
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Bilzerian
Zodiac:

hi, how will it be like ..i mean will it be live or hows it? can i get the link to get on to that course?

REPLACE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
WITH CURIOSITY..
1 wraith
1 sterling angel
1 sanguine vampire
1 familliar
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I agree, even though my meditation has been [insert expletive here] for more than a few months now. I get resistance when I try to meditate now, which never happened before. I'm still trying to work out what that is coming from. (On a side note, one of my gargoyles thinks it's the universe pushing me to move on to something more advanced.) But anyways, I agree - EVERYTHING I read mentions this as a strong foundation to spiritual practice, both in working with spirits and magick.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Whimsy
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A type of elemental
My magical/paranormal name...: Not yet known

I've been trying out qigong recently and I find that highly useful. At least it feels better to me in my day to day life.

Another thing that's helped me recently was once while I was laying down, I had some ocean wave sounds playing in the background and I managed to transport myself for a bit into this sacred space type of thing. I think that's what you'd call it. But basically I was imagining myself floating there underneath the water's surface (breathing wasn't an issue) and it was so easy to just stay there because of the deep swooshing sounds (normally I couldn't focus on maintaining a state quite like that) and while I was there I felt my companion more intensely than usual.

Cheshire Kitten ^..^ :)|

The Old God sleeps
down in the dark, moist,
odorous underfoot,
Waiting for us
To put down our roots.
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

On average I meditate for up to 3 hours every day, sometimes I set days aside where I will meditate up to 10 hours. Meditation is a gateway through which several other in depth metaphysical activities can be powerfully conducted (branching off into remote viewing, astral projection, seeing into the past or future, exploring within yourself, etc.) And I have found after doing that for so long it seriously enhanced my connection to the other realms, other consciousnesses which was involved in amplifying my ability to practice telepathy, and perceive of so much other phenomena while I am going about my days.

It is extremely important to be able to quiet and relax your mind if you want to align this way and make any progress at all. In time it should evolve to being capable of a quasi-meditative state just by nature.

All of this just to say I agree, and it's a good reminder to everyone.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Opelia Rendon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mage
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I would like to comment on how important this is now because I can now communicate freely with my keep, but since I haven't trained my mind, I'm getting knee deep into misunderstanding. So I'll be both grounding and meditating every day now - both which were recommended from the start. And I actually enjoy mediation...But if I keep focusing on relaxing, I'll fall asleep. Just save yourself the trouble early on and train your mind.

"The first step towards change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something that you do, it's what you allow." - Will Garcia

Literally so many spirits and entities now, even after I said I would not get anymore. But definitely under 200. May it stay that way :p)
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote:On average I meditate for up to 3 hours every day, sometimes I set days aside where I will meditate up to 10 hours.
I can barely manage seven minutes (my current longest time) without feeling restless and the need to go and do something - anything - else. Or possibly falling asleep. Plus, sometimes muscles start getting stiff and that's never fun. How on earth do you manage to be so still for so long?? D:

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Gypsy
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Changes daily
If I could be anything, I would be...: fae
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret ;)

I do meditation and yoga every morning. I get up before anyone else so I’m not disturbed. This is also when I speak to all of my spirit family individually. It works best for me at this time and gives me a couple hours to myself.

chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

I've tried to go around meditation for a very long time but there really is no way around it. I'm too trying to focus on it at this moment in time. Best of luck to you! I hope everything goes well with the course

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

Opelia Rendon wrote:I would like to comment on how important this is now because I can now communicate freely with my keep, but since I haven't trained my mind, I'm getting knee deep into misunderstanding. So I'll be both grounding and meditating every day now - both which were recommended from the start. And I actually enjoy mediation...But if I keep focusing on relaxing, I'll fall asleep. Just save yourself the trouble early on and train your mind.
In which ways would you train your mind? And also, what is your most effective and favorite meditation technique??

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)

Return to “Meditation”