So meditation huh?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Qemau
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal Anubis
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

So Meditation...
It sounds much easier than it is.

This is something I have sucked with for years and could never do it properly.

I tried everything. :..(

Guided meditations- made me just fall asleep. z.z
Out of body meditations- made me fall asleep(even tried it on the floor). z.z
Binaural Beats- Just gave me a headache. :||

Here's the thing my mind goes a hundred miles a minute and never stops. Every time I tried sitting down and calming my mind then everything I have ever done would flash in my mind and not stop. I always thought that I was doing something wrong. So I stopped! <

Years later... I found a new spiritual path that called me like none before it and I found my way home. I made a decision that I would try again and I now know that everything works differently for different people. 0:)

So tonight as I was practicing and working on my meditation I got the feeling and impression to share all of the below immediately.

Here is how I learned how to meditate and helped me grow really fast.

First things first. If your mind goes as fast as mine did back in the day then it's fine. Meditation is about letting go not focussing. Let it flow and let those thoughts come and let them go don't hold on to any of them. Imagine a glass that's already full, the more water you add the more it will overflow and eventually all the water in the glass will be new. The stronger the flow the faster everything washes clean. ^^

Second grounding. Ground yourself. Root your self. Make sure that you are unmovable. For me spells, incantation and mantras work for grounding. Find your own. Say it out loud. Say it again and again until it moves your very core. Mine I got from the CH 100 spells book. O^

Third- You don't have to do it by yourself. Ask for help. We are Spirit Keepers after all. Ask your Spirits or Guides to help you in getting into that meditation feeling. As Peter Pan said it " All it takes is faith and trust, with a little bit of pixie dust" and then before you know it you will be flying through the sky.
I personally work with Anubis, my Patriarch. I also recently have gotten the Paniwi from the CH Shop and just WOW is all I can say helps more than you could realize.

Fourth- We live in a technologically advanced world so let's use that to help us. I personally have downloaded APP's to help me in this practice. One that I love that has taught me a lot is called HeadSpace. I also have an APP that generates white noise, sometimes pink noise (not as harsh as White noise) and a set of Noise Cancellation headphones. Now I can meditate and just clear my head any time and anywhere.

And Fith- Practice makes perfect. It's hard- yes. It's not working-I know the feeling. It's taking too long-it get's easier with time and then you can do it in a matter of seconds or minutes. And never stop trying. keep at it and keep it up.

I don't know who this for but this is for you, I hope this helps.
P.S. I am by no means an expert this is just the way that worked for me. 8))

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I like this post!

Especially the part about letting go if your thoughts go fast - and grounding.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Nifeeist
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0