Meditation with music/binaural beats or without??

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
astrallychallenged77
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: trying to achieve
If I could be anything, I would be...: ascended master
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Knowledge Seeker

My new journey started with reading books on different subjects and watching some now famous people discussing consciousness and reality.

I have a newfound belief in and joy in meditation. That being said i started using binaural beats and/or meditation music. This is what i use and almost always have. I am not psychic nor have i unlocked any metaphysical type abilities with my meditations. Being that i started basically "on my own" so to speak i have always wondered whether or not it matters if you use these types of mediums for meditating or not?

Is it better to meditate with sound (beats/music/chimes/drums/or all of the above) or is it more beneficial (generally speaking) to do so in quiet or with nature being the only sounds? Of course with where i live the only way to meditate with only the sounds of nature would be to listen to a nature sounds track!! x*D
I just wondered if doing so with any of those mediums cause one to maybe NOT hear messages or be tuned into messages that were being sent? I don't believe this is the case but again i am alone on this journey in the sense that my family members (wife/daughter) are NOT interested in it nor in me discussing it with them. Which is fine, to each their own.

I am aware every individual is different and so there are probably many varying factors as to how and what types of meditation work best for each. Now that i have a forum with MANY experienced folks in so many different types of modalities of consciousness and meditation i wanted to hear from you all.

I tend to get flashes every now and then while meditating, never any actual visions per se. Just darker outlines of things. Often get LOTS of different colors. Purples, blues and swirls of both. I have heard someone talking in my head ONE time. When i say talking it literally sounded as if there was a man talking to someone else basically as if i was in a waiting room and hearing other peoples conversations. It only lasted a couple seconds. This voice talking said "he doesn't understand and he isn't going to get it"
That was it. I wasn't sure if during this specific mediation if i just happened upon a frequency and picked up this chatter or what?
I'm guessing that my energies are so out of alignment that this is the cause of all my failed attempts at connection, astral travel etc.

Love for any feedback the community as a whole can give me and CH moderator i hope i have this in the proper section!! x*D

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Generally the goal is to be able to do it without relying on sound. But for first-timers, and for those who want variety, why not : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I think it depends on personal preference and also what you work best with. Some people get headache when they listen to binaural beats while some find it stimulating. Some people like silence while some like music. It's different from person to person and only the way that most suits you, is the best way for you. I'd suggest experimenting with different ways until you find the one that suits you best.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

Sooty wrote:I think it depends on personal preference and also what you work best with. Some people get headache when they listen to binaural beats while some find it stimulating. Some people like silence while some like music. It's different from person to person and only the way that most suits you, is the best way for you. I'd suggest experimenting with different ways until you find the one that suits you best.
This. I have to have silence when meditating. Music interrupts my trance state because I can't help but enjoy it.

I suppose drums and singing bowl music would be different in that regard, but I like to be completely focused on what is happening "within".

I could never meditate with binaurals. Those files just irritate me and make my heart race.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Chewie
new here
new here
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A
Zodiac:

Just a quick note on the binaural beats.
Often (not always) when people have problems with them, it is because the volume is too high.
So if you experience headaches, ect. try turning the volume down a bit.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I prefer external silence and physical comfort, so my mind body system can relax and take it easy. This is the classic, ancient method.

Binaural beats make my ears or neurological system buzz and befuddle the clarity of consciousness I need to reach the states I try to connect with. Just as I wouldn't get drunk or high before meditating, I wouldn't scramble my senses with binaural beats beforehand either. (That's my preference - I'm not intending to come across as judgemental about others who use whatever works for them.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
astrallychallenged77
new here
new here

Thank you for the information from everyone!!

I don't mind the BB, i have also done silent and music (mediation type though with drums/bowls/nature sounds etc).

Just wanted to see what the communities thoughts were. As i figured it's a little of everything, which is cool as it just further shows me that it really is to each their own.

Thank You all!!

Emperor_Warlocks
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA/WA
If I could be anything, I would be...: ALIVE again....

astrallychallenged77 wrote:Thank you for the information from everyone!!

I don't mind the BB, i have also done silent and music (mediation type though with drums/bowls/nature sounds etc).

Just wanted to see what the communities thoughts were. As i figured it's a little of everything, which is cool as it just further shows me that it really is to each their own.

Thank You all!!
It indeed generally depends on the persons liking. I have plenty of saved playlist of meditation beats that consists of feeling vibrations, chakra balancing, inner awaking, Kundalini , etc...It varies on one another. Though I tend to only use these when I'm having trouble focusing on the little things. I usually rely on my senses to reach my inner state meditating only by the sound the silence without noise whatsoever. Feeling whats around me, hearing, seeing and visualizing as my mind simply drifts off in silence.

It was the power of a stone that brought them together in such joy and passion. A stone that could aid in clearing every stressful thought and replace it with love. The Rose Quartz was the answer to all his needs with the woman in his life who he loved dearly. As they held the crystal together, they felt the bond of trust could never be broken as within them the love of a goddest between Man and Woman was far too powerful to even appear as such visions and interfere.
astrallychallenged77
new here
new here

Emperor_Warlocks wrote:
astrallychallenged77 wrote:Thank you for the information from everyone!!

Thank You all!!
It indeed generally depends on the persons liking. I have plenty of saved playlist of meditation beats that consists of feeling vibrations, chakra balancing, inner awaking, Kundalini , etc...It varies on one another. Though I tend to only use these when I'm having trouble focusing on the little things. I usually rely on my senses to reach my inner state meditating only by the sound the silence without noise whatsoever. Feeling whats around me, hearing, seeing and visualizing as my mind simply drifts off in silence.
I do get that some folks have issues with the BB, headaches and such. They have never really bothered me in that way and usually are the easiest way for me to get in the right frame of mind when meditating. I have done some in silence, even then i still have to put in headphones as my dogs are rarely quiet and still. Plus my house isn't the ideal place as it's generally busy with the wife and kid running around. Neither of which share my interest in these sort of things.

Like you said, it's really just a "to each their own" type of situation. I enjoy a lot of the types you mentioned, ocean waves are a good one for me as well. Part of it is the rhythm and part of it is the fact that i love the beach. Fortunate to live and have grown up in a city with a beach.

Thanks for your input!!

Emperor_Warlocks
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: DA/WA
If I could be anything, I would be...: ALIVE again....

astrallychallenged77 wrote:I do get that some folks have issues with the BB, headaches and such. They have never really bothered me in that way and usually are the easiest way for me to get in the right frame of mind when meditating. I have done some in silence, even then i still have to put in headphones as my dogs are rarely quiet and still. Plus my house isn't the ideal place as it's generally busy with the wife and kid running around. Neither of which share my interest in these sort of things.

Indeed again :)| In your case with family, beats do make a grate way form of meditating whenever you think silence can't be achieved for whatever simple reason. Tust me whenever I have my cousins or other family over for visit I already know my silence meditation will not come into play. So all I do is put those earbuds in and I can already feel myself going through different dimensions while not even in my meditating position yet, lol x*D I do prefer like I said the silence method as I reach my higher state but I can never go wrong with these beats.

It was the power of a stone that brought them together in such joy and passion. A stone that could aid in clearing every stressful thought and replace it with love. The Rose Quartz was the answer to all his needs with the woman in his life who he loved dearly. As they held the crystal together, they felt the bond of trust could never be broken as within them the love of a goddest between Man and Woman was far too powerful to even appear as such visions and interfere.

Return to “Meditation”