It is great but 'exhausting' to 'go outside of your head' too much?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

So again, this time I think I have the right words to describe a certain effect. Why does it feel exhausting or as if I lack certain 'energy' that keeps you going for that? Is it because I haven't done it much or I genuinely lack something (Idk) what it is?

Happened when I successfully meditated a couple of times and also happened when a life experience or two is enough to throw you out and into 'the world'?

I heard people say its a 'generational trait' that people who are late gen y/zs are often whatever we call 'inside our heads'? Is it likely psychological or 'energy related'? I feel so devoid of some kind of energy that keeps being outside of your 'head space' from being exhausting.

I've tried to look into some psychological avenues maybe but this is really complicated stuff, or sometimes they are like "Its just you." The times I can describe when I have managed to truely 'get out of my head', is you are more connected to 'the world' or 'collective reality' and other people but feel very weak on the inside or 'hollow and devoid' of something and as a result don't feel like you have much energy to be 'hyper'.

Closest 'paranormal avenue' that might relate to this is somebody saying 'your aura is kind of visible but doesn't seem to extend out of you/your body much' if you think it fits. Lights going out atleast 2 or 3 times in a row when a 'crowd' I was with focused their attention on me.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

By getting outside of your head, do you mean psychically locating your awareness outside of your body and aura? Or achieving a state of 'no mind', ie beyond thinking / pure awareness?

I can understand the first being draining.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:15 am By getting outside of your head, do you mean psychically locating your awareness outside of your body and aura? Or achieving a state of 'no mind', ie beyond thinking / pure awareness?

I can understand the first being draining.
I forgot to put quotation marks in the title (So if somebody can add that please do that) on both sides of 'go outside of your head'.)

I meant more like in the casual sense, being connected to 'the world' and being more fully mentally as well as spiritually present in it. I don't know how to describe it but it is so exhausting, although I'm 'present' in life, the world or whatever its called I barely have any energy to be 'hyper'. I walked extremely slow and it was like things were 'too much'?

When I meditate and manage to shut off my constant 'processing of info/thoughts/etc' I just cannot stand that feeling for some reason, whatever it is of something missing or the emptiness. Meditating and shutting it off feels uncomfortable for that 'reason'?

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

HighSkies wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:25 am
I forgot to put quotation marks in the title (So if somebody can add that please do that) on both sides of 'go outside of your head'.)
Done

Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie

Being wrapped up in your own thoughts and daydreams, having difficulty directing your mental focus towards what is going on externally/ what you are physically doing in the moment. That sort of thing?

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Shadow Stitches wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:46 pm Being wrapped up in your own thoughts and daydreams, having difficulty directing your mental focus towards what is going on externally/ what you are physically doing in the moment. That sort of thing?
Think so. Its like, when you manage to ‘empty’ your mind successfully and be ‘more connected to the world’ (I mean really really do it). That feels exhausting or too much, whichever fits and you feel like wanting to go back?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

HighSkies wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:34 pm
Shadow Stitches wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:46 pm Being wrapped up in your own thoughts and daydreams, having difficulty directing your mental focus towards what is going on externally/ what you are physically doing in the moment. That sort of thing?
Think so. Its like, when you manage to ‘empty’ your mind successfully and be ‘more connected to the world’ (I mean really really do it). That feels exhausting or too much, whichever fits and you feel like wanting to go back?
A few thoughts come to mind. And I haven't gone into a trance and consulted my intuition etc, so they may not - or perhaps may - match what your experience is.

1 Tuning into what's going on Out There in the world around us and being present with all of that sounds a bit to me like opening up empathic connection. But you can get empathy overload, which is so draining. You get drawn out of yourself into it all.

2 Being In Tune with the Universe. (Another way of saying what you said, maybe.) There's a way to be in harmony with the external world that is taught in some taoist and zen practices. This is in synch with calming thoughts and going beyond the mind to experience the natural universe & your own true nature. When done this way, there is no being drawn out of yourself but rather instead finding a bigger self / nature. (As big as the universe itself even.)

3 Then there's purely mental states. When someone is comfortably centred within themselves, grounded and calm - in a deep state of relaxation or sleep their brainwaves tend to be calmer. When someone is in a hyper alert mental state, their brain waves are different. You may be accessing a stressed mental state.

4 Or maybe you're psychically oversensitive. Many sensitives find the world around them draining. (Your stereotypical eastern sages used to withdraw from the world to really find peace.)

You might just be accessing a stressed mental state and losing your centredness and grounding. Or being excessively empathic in an uncontrolled way. Or psychically oversensitive. Or a mixture.

One thing is for certain: if you want to calm your thoughts or be present or in harmony with the universe, you don't have to enter a negative state.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:44 am
A few thoughts come to mind. And I haven't gone into a trance and consulted my intuition etc, so they may not - or perhaps may - match what your experience is.

1 Tuning into what's going on Out There in the world around us and being present with all of that sounds a bit to me like opening up empathic connection. But you can get empathy overload, which is so draining. You get drawn out of yourself into it all.

2 Being In Tune with the Universe. (Another way of saying what you said, maybe.) There's a way to be in harmony with the external world that is taught in some taoist and zen practices. This is in synch with calming thoughts and going beyond the mind to experience the natural universe & your own true nature. When done this way, there is no being drawn out of yourself but rather instead finding a bigger self / nature. (As big as the universe itself even.)

3 Then there's purely mental states. When someone is comfortably centred within themselves, grounded and calm - in a deep state of relaxation or sleep their brainwaves tend to be calmer. When someone is in a hyper alert mental state, their brain waves are different. You may be accessing a stressed mental state.

4 Or maybe you're psychically oversensitive. Many sensitives find the world around them draining. (Your stereotypical eastern sages used to withdraw from the world to really find peace.)

You might just be accessing a stressed mental state and losing your centredness and grounding. Or being excessively empathic in an uncontrolled way. Or psychically oversensitive. Or a mixture.

One thing is for certain: if you want to calm your thoughts or be present or in harmony with the universe, you don't have to enter a negative state.
Helpful.

What I can say is that 'ungrounded state' or being 'in the mind' is meant to act as a cover for 'something', either so that 'something' doesn't feel drained by whatever its in contact with or you don't feel hollowed out and missing something. Its there for a reason but earlier on I had a situation where it broke or stopped working for a bit then I experienced being 'in tune' with 'the world' and you feel so sensitive that 'the world' or others' could 'shred you'. Being able to connect felt good but only the part where others or the world come off as so intense that they can potentially 'shred/fry you' wasn't.

The big question is whether its meant to be a buffer that 'stops the drain' from being in tune with everything or that I lack something and its a way of not feeling drained for unknown reasons by drawing on being in that state.

The first possibility sounds like 1 or 4. The second "So I do not feel empty" possibility, idk.

Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie

Yeah I know what you mean. It's something I struggle with as well, been that way since I was a kid.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Shadow Stitches wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:50 am
Yeah I know what you mean. It's something I struggle with as well, been that way since I was a kid.
Is it like having a ‘mind’ with things in it helps snuff out the other alternative which feels (kinda what I mentioned)?

Return to “Meditation”