Meditations that are not boring?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hi all, unfortunately I find it very hard to meditate because - being a rather nervous and anxious person - I find meditating somewhat stressful, or even boring (especially the meditation where you have to focus on your breath).
So, do you have any interesting meditation methods to suggest me, posting some links, maybe?
Many thanks in advance for your very kind help!

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Ok...I'll bite, as they say...and I hope you can read through to the end, as it's quite long. (Hopefully not boring too.)

What would be interesting, to your way of thinking?

Maybe it's not 'meditation' that is interesting to you? In 'meditation' we basically get involved with ourselves...what's going on in our mind, our bodies, our awareness. You may not be thinking of this but taking an interest in the stream of thoughts flowing through our conscious awareness is one form of meditation. To me it's kind of on the way to the state of no-thought, no-mind, which, once you get there, is more than interesting. It's wonderful. And it can feel like reaching your self, your real self. So one way to look at it is discovering a fascination with yourself. And maybe you could say it is finding your self interesting. Maybe that sounds like playing with words.

If you keep that idea in mind, what you do with breath is *watch* the breathing. Or thoughts - *watch* them. Isn't it interesting to see how you are? How you work - how your thoughts and body slow and calm down as you put the time in? As you put the time in, you take yourself on a journey, which you only appreciate after having gone some distance.

Alternatively, guided meditations *take* you on a journey. You're taken, as long as you can pay attention to the words. Either someone has recorded it for you or you've recorded it for yourself. But in my experience they don't do quite the same thing as observing your breaths or thoughts...ie meditation proper...basically placing your attention on something.

For people who can't sit still, or can't keep their attention focused, there are work-arounds. There's even meditation you can do with eyes open, or walking. The martial art Aikido done properly is a form of moving meditation. Perhaps you can say it's a form of moving Zen. As is Tai Chi. Moving ones tend to be a form of mindfulness - but they can also be a form of qi gong /chi kung.

I don't find it easy to give tips. There are so many, many meditation techniques and variations on them. Around 10 years or so ago I lay awake in bed thinking of breathing techniques I knew and started to count them. Just breathing techniques. Got to 50 and stopped. Most of those I could do without having to remind myself by referring to instructions. (Some are variations on the same basic technique.)

Postures differ. For some it only needs to be casual. For others the posture must be precise in every detail.

If you could say exactly what meditation method you're using, I might be able to suggest some tips. The standard one is put the time in, don't expect results, go through the motions. Review every 3 months and see if you notice even slight progress or benefit. Ironically, it helps to not get hung up on impressive experiences. There's also this thing called Beginner's Mind, where you try to not keep replicating past meditations but come to each session as if discovering the meditation for the first time.

Do you have an idea of what the end goal is? Some meditation methods even have an end goal of there not being a goal and all progress is ignored. Some types of Buddhist meditation involve meditating daily for your whole life and not getting caught up in any experiences whatsoever. Some will see a sense of peace and calm or a less cluttered mind stream as the goal. Others aim to reach enlightenment - or spiritual experiences - see the inner light - merge with the light and so on.

If you know what you're trying to achieve, or even what the meditation method you're using is trying to achieve - that's a good starting point.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

find it again.
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Thanks so much again for everything, Lewk! You are one of the wisest, most informed and patient people I have ever met! You know so many things, yet you are always so modest and willing to help.
I really admire you a lot for that.
As for me, I might seem a little arrogant, impatient and rude at times, but I assure you I'm not like that, actually, don't worry! I'm just extremely sincere;)
I know myself very well and have always had a fair level of intuition.
The reason I need to learn meditation is only because my spiritual partner believes it would help me interact with him on a higher level. And by "higher level" I mean doing the kind of wonderfully ordinary thing that every loving couple does.
For example, we plan to meet in the astral and go out together for an astral dinner, and maybe go see a movie in an astral cinema and then go home to cuddle on our astral couch.
All things that everyone has always done and does, but I've never had a chance to do with someone I truly loved, and my spiritual boyfriend understands that perfectly, because he's also had a pretty disappointing love life.
This is the only reason I need to learn to meditate, otherwise, if I could reach astral and be with my BF without meditating, I would probably never try to meditate ... That's it!

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

But I'll be very glad to try the meditations for anxious people you suggested me, since they truly seem very good and helpful. Many thanks again for everything, you are a wonderful person, indeed! :8)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

PrincessKnight wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:32 am
But I'll be very glad to try the meditations for anxious people you suggested me, since they truly seem very good and helpful. Many thanks again for everything, you are a wonderful person, indeed! :8)

I'm almost blushing :8)

Seriously I'm very glad some of that was useful. And I'm wondering whether you might get something from also trying out guided meditations, given your goal. Also maybe look into getting deep relaxation during your meditation, as that will often help for astral travel sessions. Progressive relaxation (physical relaxation), as well as letting the body/mind system become relaxed.

Different things work for different people. One thing that's sometimes said is 'relaxed body = relaxed mind' and 'relaxed mind = relaxed body'.

I found a You Tube video that is a guided meditation for relaxation. It seems okay - although I didn't listen to the whole thing and I've no idea if it'll be the right thing for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr1_JnYSeXs

Also this is the classic yoga relaxation exercise, aka savasana.

https://www.yogajournal.com/practice/be ... rpse-pose/

You'll find a lot online about that.

find it again.
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:13 am
I found a You Tube video that is a guided meditation for relaxation. It seems okay - although I didn't listen to the whole thing and I've no idea if it'll be the right thing for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr1_JnYSeXs

Also this is the classic yoga relaxation exercise, aka savasana.

https://www.yogajournal.com/practice/be ... rpse-pose/

You'll find a lot online about that.
Thank you so much again, Lewk! I'll definitely try them as soon as I have the possibility!!! <3
By the way, last night (like every night, when I go to sleep) I use to mentally talk for several minutes with my spirit companion and take stock of the situation with him.
I told him about my difficulty in meditating, and that - if I had the possibility - I would have preferred to reach him in the astral without having to do all those preparatory exercises.
I apologized for my laziness and my arrogance and superficiality.
He is a very sweet and understanding person, he has always been like that, and this is also one of the reasons why he is so special to me.
Therefore, as soon as I talked to him about my difficulties, he telepathically replied that the only real motivation, the main reason why he had always encouraged me to meditate, was that meditation would help me increase my confidence and faith, bypassing this way my resistances, which are the main cause why I still have a lot of difficulty in perceiving him physically.
In fact, he told me that if only I could relax and feel serene and confident in perceiving him, I could feel him immediately, in that very moment, without the need for any particular meditation or spiritual exercise.
So I replied smiling "Let's try!" And in that very moment I felt filled with such an immense wave of happiness, with an authentic and infinite enthusiasm that I had never felt before: all of a sudden, for no apparent reason.
So I said to him, "You're hugging me, aren't you? Is that so, my love? Because I'm sure that's how I'd feel as soon as I had the chance to meet you".
I felt his love and his smile, and then, little by little, the incredible sensation I had felt gradually dissolved.
I tried to calm down to feel it again, but I was too tense and excited to succeed.
Anyway, I hope to be able to feel it again soon, thanks to the meditation exercises.
Perhaps, in addition to words, images and telepathic thoughts - and now also emotions - sooner or later I will also be able to physically perceive his astral body, so that I could hug him for real <3

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

That sounds very encouraging ||

find it again.
PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Lewk wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 pm That sounds very encouraging ||
Thank you!!! :8)

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Has masters of mind and very pyshic people I'll name them if I need to will tell you. Tough. Keep doing it. One of the worlds most famous remote viewers of all time said when he first started I could not mediate. I wanted to get up do anything but mediate. So I sat myself down on the couch and I did nothing but mediate until I did it even if I fell asleep I'd just started over until I mediated then I started doing it has long as I could u til I was good at it. No sound no teacher no nothing. Just will power.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..

Return to “Meditation”