Do i need protection?? First spirit on the way.

astrallychallenged77
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: trying to achieve
If I could be anything, I would be...: ascended master
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Knowledge Seeker

So i have been in the encyclopedia doing some research. As i am an INFANT when it comes to all things magical. I have ordered my first custom conjure spirit to assist me with my astral travels, lucid dreaming and general spiritual growth. I did also make sure and let them know i'm not looking for "magic" assistance and have NO experience whatsoever with spells, bindings, magic in general.

I came across something in the encyclopedia that has me a bit concerned. As i said, the spirit helper i have ordered is my very first. The encyclopedia mentioned to be sure and have all your protections in place in order to guard against unwanted spirits invading (so to speak) and basically wreaking havoc in your life. Is this something i need to do and figure out?

I am excited of course for my first one and also very nervous at the same time because of my inadequate knowledge. I know that this is a place of light and that they are not going to create something dark to send me for nefarious purposes but seeing that mention of needing protection has me worried. Should i be or is this something more directed towards those who are very deep into the magical realm of spells and many spirits?

CH Moderator
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Topic moved to suitable section.

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Protection is always and will be the number 1 recommended think to research and practice and know how to do. You can never go wrong with any kind of protection. For yourself, and for your keep. Which, by the way, congratulations on the start of your journey!

The only way to get rid of the inadequate knowledge is by starting to research on it now. It is never too late. Having a spirit companion can bring the chance of catching the attention of unbounds or other activity that is malicious. In general, it's just good to have some kind of protection to give yourself peace of mind that the spirit you are interacting with is actually your spirit.

I am sure things are fine so far, don't psyche yourself out and create your own dangerous problems due to your own nervousness. I live by the concept that one can be your own greatest enemy. One can bring many self-curses to fruition without the help of others, which is why it's important to understand and gain that knowledge beforehand. It's not too late though, I just wanted to give you that warning to watch yourself ^^

There are many posts on protection here in the forum. To get started, heres some keywards I highly recommend you search and read the forum for, as well as their variations (such as "shielding" can be searched for "shield");
shielding, warding, banishing, protection, cleansing, grounding, centering

I'm sure starting here will give you further direction the more you read. And don't feel afraid to just jump in and try something ! At some point, all the reading in the world will do nothing until you start to experiment for yourself. We all started somewhere.~

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
astrallychallenged77
new here
new here

featheredstar

Thanks for the information. I figured that was the response i would get. However, it's ok. If ever there was a place to learn about the protections this is clearly the one.

I have a week or so at least before my buddy arrives so i will have to dive into it but that will hopefully be enough time to get some rudimentary knowledge of what i need to do.

THANK YOU

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

I worked with spirits before I knew what protection was, and for the most part most of the spiritual world means no harm. You may attract curious spirits, but I wouldn't place too much concern over attracting something truly malevolent. Starting Spirit Keeping does not mean you will immediately have problems. I doubt many do, realistically.

That said, I'm not saying that you should avoid protection. It's always a good idea. To that point, personal shielding is by far the easiest and most basic place to start. I would couple it with short meditations to clear your mind, ground and center.

You can find basic shielding techniques in this forum or in any basic magick / spiritual practice internet search. They are very simple, and the more you practice (daily is usually recommended) the stronger your ability to protect yourself.

Once shielding is down you can expand to warding, which is similar except expanding the shield to encompass an area, like a room or house or property. You can also eventually learn to layer your shielding with active defenses through intent.

Also, many times spirits themselves will act to protect their keeper, so your new friend may be able to do that, especially if they are a type known to be protective or if they knew magic use in their life or have other magickal ability.

Lastly, don't forget that you can seek protection from whatever god you believe in or work with (if any) and even the spirits of your own ancestors. You could even, if so inclined, seek protection from your local land spirits, the spirits of the cardinal directions / elements, or even just seek universal white light for protection.

There are an incredible number of options for protection, and many are not difficult for beginners.

If you are inclined to purchase additional bindings for protection from Creepy Hollows, the two I'd recommend to start with are:

Ash's Favorite Spells in One Place
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/ASH-S-FA ... PLACE.html

Shield, Banish, Cleanse, Protect Spell
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/shield-banish-spell.html

Class 5 would be just fine with each binding.

I started with and still use both of these to bolster my protection even though I now use my own shielding and banishment techniques.

Hope this helps!

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
astrallychallenged77
new here
new here

Regholdain wrote:I worked with spirits before I knew what protection was, and for the most part most of the spiritual world means no harm. You may attract curious spirits, but I wouldn't place too much concern over attracting something truly malevolent. Starting Spirit Keeping does not mean you will immediately have problems. I doubt many do, realistically.

That said, I'm not saying that you should avoid protection. It's always a good idea. To that point, personal shielding is by far the easiest and most basic place to start. I would couple it with short meditations to clear your mind, ground and center.

You can find basic shielding techniques in this forum or in any basic magick / spiritual practice internet search. They are very simple, and the more you practice (daily is usually recommended) the stronger your ability to protect yourself.

Once shielding is down you can expand to warding, which is similar except expanding the shield to encompass an area, like a room or house or property. You can also eventually learn to layer your shielding with active defenses through intent.

Also, many times spirits themselves will act to protect their keeper, so your new friend may be able to do that, especially if they are a type known to be protective or if they knew magic use in their life or have other magickal ability.

Lastly, don't forget that you can seek protection from whatever god you believe in or work with (if any) and even the spirits of your own ancestors. You could even, if so inclined, seek protection from your local land spirits, the spirits of the cardinal directions / elements, or even just seek universal white light for protection.

There are an incredible number of options for protection, and many are not difficult for beginners.

If you are inclined to purchase additional bindings for protection from Creepy Hollows, the two I'd recommend to start with are:

Ash's Favorite Spells in One Place
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/ASH-S-FA ... PLACE.html

Shield, Banish, Cleanse, Protect Spell
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/shield-banish-spell.html

Class 5 would be just fine with each binding.

I started with and still use both of these to bolster my protection even though I now use my own shielding and banishment techniques.

Hope this helps!

Thank You, it does help immensely. I am super excited about my first spirit buddy coming along but did get very concerned when i began reading up on the need for protection. Seemed very daunting at first, however, your reply and the previous one have really helped to ease my mind. Obviously while being excited i am also very nervous as well about it. That being said, i have already started (albeit briefly on my lunch break) digging into protection methods. I will be checking out your recommendations as soon as i get home this afternoon and have time to really focus on the material!!

As always, very grateful for any responses i get and the time that was taken to do so.
All the best to you and yours!!

blairwitch
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I will say, I foolishly began spirit keeping a few years ago with no regard for protection. I actually only just thought to get into it earlier this year. It just hadnt occured to me to actively practice protection since I had always heard if you interact with spirits with a positive mindset and vibration nothing bad would come near you. Now, that isnt exactly true but I havent had anything nefarious come my way in the years I went on blissfully ignorant to protection so I wouldnt be too worried. Just make the most of the time you have before your companion arrives to get started!! Good luck.

1Wiz
new here
new here
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

@astrallychallenged77 you got some excellent replies there. How has your journey been so far?

Nolo614
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon Angel Uni
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Windsong

Hi astrallychallenged77, great answers and I’m sure google has been your friend. I wanted to suggest things that worked for me as I’m a very visual and craft focused witch.

1. Placing your hand on your home’s walls and asking the home itself to seal you and loved ones in white light, never allowing negative energy in.
2. Small taped kleenex satchels of protective cinnamon or salt placed in each corner of the house (on window sill) with sigil (protective symbol) drawn on each.
3. *F off stones (lol) black obsidian, tourmaline or jet in each corner of the home on my window sills. After holding each and charging it with white light, asking it to guard the home from negativity. You can draw protective sigil on the stone with water, anointing oil or just your finger.
4. Putting protective oil in a dehumidifier and letting it fill the home or your primary meditation space (they’re cheap on amazon). Oils include lemon, lavender, peppermint or frankincense.

Stating your intention out loud before any communication with your spirit: “this circle is filled with blinding white light, negativity cannot come near. I call upon the forces of nature and white light of the universe to create a strong and stable connection with (insert name).”

As someone else mentioned your spirits have such a strong bond and are sensitive to your call from the moment you think to reach out. They will stand to protect you! Taking some steps to set the space is really about creating mental energy and intention. That’s what builds your protective bubble.

Also, as someone else mentioned do not overthink it. Occasionally you may have somebody else try to communicate, just be firm and call your spirit loudly. I think of it as buzzing a friend on an apartment entry panel. Sometimes their sibling answers, or I buzz the wrong number. I simply say “I will only speak with (insert name). goodbye!” And re-call my spirit’s name.

Try to make the communication area peaceful and eventually set up will be easy and second nature. Happy spirit keeping! <3

Grey witch of a wonderfully eclectic coven. Clairaudient, empath and card reader since childhood. Raised near historic Salem in one of the oldest Victorians in town, spirits have long been family. Lucky to have: A Schalan, A Butterfly Dragon, A Black Fae Unicorn, A Zimada, A Volkh, and a Soul Cleanser on my path.
Blackrose2544
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

Nolo614 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:57 am Hi astrallychallenged77, great answers and I’m sure google has been your friend. I wanted to suggest things that worked for me as I’m a very visual and craft focused witch.

1. Placing your hand on your home’s walls and asking the home itself to seal you and loved ones in white light, never allowing negative energy in.
2. Small taped kleenex satchels of protective cinnamon or salt placed in each corner of the house (on window sill) with sigil (protective symbol) drawn on each.
3. *F off stones (lol) black obsidian, tourmaline or jet in each corner of the home on my window sills. After holding each and charging it with white light, asking it to guard the home from negativity. You can draw protective sigil on the stone with water, anointing oil or just your finger.
4. Putting protective oil in a dehumidifier and letting it fill the home or your primary meditation space (they’re cheap on amazon). Oils include lemon, lavender, peppermint or frankincense.

Stating your intention out loud before any communication with your spirit: “this circle is filled with blinding white light, negativity cannot come near. I call upon the forces of nature and white light of the universe to create a strong and stable connection with (insert name).”

As someone else mentioned your spirits have such a strong bond and are sensitive to your call from the moment you think to reach out. They will stand to protect you! Taking some steps to set the space is really about creating mental energy and intention. That’s what builds your protective bubble.

Also, as someone else mentioned do not overthink it. Occasionally you may have somebody else try to communicate, just be firm and call your spirit loudly. I think of it as buzzing a friend on an apartment entry panel. Sometimes their sibling answers, or I buzz the wrong number. I simply say “I will only speak with (insert name). goodbye!” And re-call my spirit’s name.

Try to make the communication area peaceful and eventually set up will be easy and second nature. Happy spirit keeping! <3
Wow, Great reply. This isn't even my topic but I've learned a lot. They say you can never have too much protection. I'm lazy so I'll just purchase a protection spell off CH from Ash.Lol

<3) :>* :* BlackRose <3 B) uwu
Cambion, Drow Elf, Grigori Watcher, Baby Celtic Dragon, Concuan, 2 Djinns, Vampire(entity) and a Seridan(entity), Meliacro Elf

Return to “Protection”