How to task?

seralee
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

How to task?

Post by seralee »

Hello! My spirits in my keep had been asking for tasks to do. They had been passively helping me but they want to be actively working on something.

Is it better to be specific in the task with detail and deadline?

Or, is it better to be broad and trust them to accomplish it?

And do we write down the tasks for them too? Or, tell them one by one?

Lonikh
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik

Re: How to task?

Post by Lonikh »

As a beginner you should look up what abilities your spirit has. For example they are good at protection, attracting love, telepathy etc.Then take a notebook and write down the name of the spirit and the thing you want most help for example telepathy (i give them a limited time two weeks) after that i give them something else. I like to write down because you can say to the spirit to go check out the notebook if it wasnt with you when you wrote. Its something writen its something solid trust me its gonna help you see also the progress you made

1 Sanguine vampire (N)
1 Cambion (J)
1 Balkan vampire (H)
1 Psy Vampire (A)
1 Hellhound (M)
1 Abchanchu vampire (C)

seralee
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7

Post by seralee »

I just wrote down my goals for 2020 and asked each spirits to volunteer which task they wanted to participate in. I plan to check in with them every 2 weeks.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 165
Spelled Number: 160
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

One thing that is easy to do is share with your spirit family your hopes and plans for the day ahead.

The other thing that I've read in CH materials is like what's mentioned in the previous couple of posts.

The CH advice, which I've seen in more than one place, is to plan out our goals for the short, medium and long-term; write them out, so we are clear about each one; invite our spirits to help us achieve them; and regularly review progress with each task.

I think some people get detailed and specific about which spirits have been asked to help in which way with each particular goal/task - so it apparently can be very useful to write it all down for future reference.

Personally, I think we spirit keepers (well, some of us) can get a bit vague about things - or forgetful. I tend to think our spirits are far more on the ball and very clear about what we've asked them to do - and what we've left out or made unclear. I think they really appreciate clarity and consistency. I think it helps them to help us.

Monthly was mentioned for reviews - I guess that would suit for medium or longterm goals.

They do like to help and that also improves the bond. Yes, being clear does feel like it is important.

But another simple thing, I find, is inviting them to come with me when I go out and telling them what I'd like help with when things crop up during the day.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

OleanderAndChaos
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Post by OleanderAndChaos »

Would it be wise to assign multiple tasks? I've written up everything I give permission for and would like to happen in concerns to my protective and vengeful spirits. I am slightly concerned that I have asked too much , and obviously I don't expect it to be done immediately that hour...... Should I prioritize or say Maybe do what you can? I don't want to upset my spirits by being wishy-washy or disrespectful. ( The reasons why I poured over my past and let a lot of wrongs done to me go. & Just focused on the things that are still relevant/ happening & or could potentially hurt someone else if not stopped )

I've written everything down in my spirit book. House rules, and more specific rules for some of my DA friends, along with specific tasks, general wants, longer term & short term goals and what I generally want out of life. ( To feel safe enough to exist in my skin and be protected . So that I may again wander and fill myself with knowledge and experience. )

I guess what I want to know is if I'm doing too much, too soon.
Or am I more or less on the right track by pouring over all my wants/ needs / desires / & expectations the moment they walk thru my door ( & sometimes before the conjuring ) kinda like an all cards on the table situation.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”