venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

What do you guys do to track your spirit tasking? I tend to track what I've asked my spirits to help with in the back of my mind (especially short-term stuff that I hope for them to work on over the course of the week), but I feel like they have so many tasks that are sort of open-ended (like protection) that sometimes they are busy and unavailable. I can't always remember what open-ended tasks I've assigned them, so then when they seem distant I can't figure out what they might be off doing. Of course, they can always do whatever else they want that has nothing to do with me or anything they are tasked, but I never know if I'm the cause of their being too busy for me, if you know what I mean.

How do you keep track of what you've assigned what spirit, or the entire keep, or a group, including time frames and the like? I'm just looking for some suggestions because if I try to do this in a journal I won't be able to go back and figure it out. The journal will just be too long to sift through.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I only started tasking my spirits recently-it wasn't any thing I had asked them to do before-but a few of them asked if I was comfortable doing so & I told them if they want to be tasked I'm ok with it as long as they want to! I keep track of it by what it is I am tasking them with-like if I am sending them to keep my cats company-which they like doing anyways! I recently asked one of my protective spirits to keep an eye on my apartment because I got a new neighbor & I felt they were sending their bad energy my way since their apartment is next to mine! I actually find it a bit difficult tasking them because some times I feel like I am tasking them to do something & end up feeling like I am taking advantage or being unrealistic!

divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
I have not delegated task to my keeps yet, extensively. This is something I am keen on. I think I will go by journalling. Easier to keep track.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Regholdain wrote:What do you guys do to track your spirit tasking? I tend to track what I've asked my spirits to help with in the back of my mind (especially short-term stuff that I hope for them to work on over the course of the week), but I feel like they have so many tasks that are sort of open-ended (like protection) that sometimes they are busy and unavailable. I can't always remember what open-ended tasks I've assigned them, so then when they seem distant I can't figure out what they might be off doing. Of course, they can always do whatever else they want that has nothing to do with me or anything they are tasked, but I never know if I'm the cause of their being too busy for me, if you know what I mean.

How do you keep track of what you've assigned what spirit, or the entire keep, or a group, including time frames and the like? I'm just looking for some suggestions because if I try to do this in a journal I won't be able to go back and figure it out. The journal will just be too long to sift through.
If i can advise you to write in a notebook the tasks , it is way simplier and you will keep track of them more easily.
You write the date , the task , to who and when you finish a task you put a sign.

You can add comments , like the results or how the spirit/entity handled it

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Catgirl2 wrote:I only started tasking my spirits recently-it wasn't any thing I had asked them to do before-but a few of them asked if I was comfortable doing so & I told them if they want to be tasked I'm ok with it as long as they want to! I keep track of it by what it is I am tasking them with-like if I am sending them to keep my cats company-which they like doing anyways! I recently asked one of my protective spirits to keep an eye on my apartment because I got a new neighbor & I felt they were sending their bad energy my way since their apartment is next to mine! I actually find it a bit difficult tasking them because some times I feel like I am tasking them to do something & end up feeling like I am taking advantage or being unrealistic!
I was worried at first too, but after tasking a few things and realizing they want to help, I don't hesitate to ask anymore. I've also learned more about some of their abilities so I've learned who to ask for what sort of help, and otherwise I just let instinct guide me. My problem is I feel I've given them so much to do that sometimes they're too busy to spend time with. Especially my succubus (I). She seems very busy lately and I can't figure out what she's up to. I haven't really asked her though.

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

Nienna wrote:If i can advise you to write in a notebook the tasks , it is way simplier and you will keep track of them more easily.
You write the date , the task , to who and when you finish a task you put a sign.

You can add comments , like the results or how the spirit/entity handled it
That's not a bad suggestion. I'll have to consider this while I organize some other related things in notebooks (like building a catalog of my bindings).

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member

I've decided to use OneNote for my Spirit Keeping, including goals and tasks. It's still a work in progress, but it's shaping up to be quite a massive organization undertaking and turning out quite nice.

christbot
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 74
Spelled Number: 999
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unbiased
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Snow Raven
Zodiac:

Whenever I add a spirit to my spirit catalog books I leave a couple extra pages for brief spirit tasking notes.

creationistwoodie
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: brass Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: woodie
Zodiac:

I write my list of desires, put my spirts in a circle and let them choose what assignment they want.
Then I “show” them how I would I feel if(when) I were to receive it. I ask them if they get the picture, (it’s always yes, but just making sure).
After I write who’s assigned to who, I write my personal tasks to ensure it’s possibility and I never look at that paper till a month later for a progress report.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think I dread even more note taking and record keeping, so I tend to give mainly short term tasks. I know I really should do the record keeping though.

I think it may be unfair on my spirits and inefficient to expect them to keep track of all my fluctuating desires or needs or my mentally half-expressed wants. I should probably keep track of my needs myself and only task the spirits clearly, explicitly and when fully mentally clear and calm...and keep a record.

Writing this, it seems very sensible.

Not sure why I'm so reluctant to keep written records...

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Spirit Tasking”