Multitasking ?

Celestial11
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this

Is it possible to give several tasks to one spirit? For example if I have a spirit who is good at protection, bringing wealth and healing, can I ask him/her to work on everything at the same time or do I have to choose or maybe alernate?

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You could technically ask that spirit to work on all of those things, But if you ask them to do so, then the time and energy spent on each of the tasks would be split up into three as well. This might cause the tasks to not be as effective, or take even longer to perform. Perhaps if you've made goals over time for each of these tasks, your spirit would be able to work on them all.

For example, protection is an immediate task. Healing could be next, could happen over time over some few days, weeks, months, and wealth can be next, it can be a goal for the future. But if you have the expectations of them all being done within a few days or weeks, then there might not be results that you hoped for.

Lots of people and even the owners of CH recommend to write out short term, mid term, and long term goals to not only look forward to but task your spirits for. This stuff will take time, after all.

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
PapiLobo
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret

They can multitask as easily, if not better, than we can.

That being said, most hoomunz can't multitask for suds.

I have a handful of companions that are tasked with various different things, but broken into groups of a single focus. I have a single taskmaster for rapid decisions easily made, and each team of 3 has a designated team leader (think military fireteams). The fireteams follow the dominant of the 3. Natural hierarchy comes into play here.

Primary task of all is protection. This ranks before all other tasks. Meaning one group focuses only on protection, if they are found lacking, they can call on any number, or all of the others.

Secondary tasks include health, financial gains, amd various other unnamed tasks.

I often give individual tasks to certain companions that may be more talented in that area. As in my Neb Djinn companion aiding me in gaining the abilities I desire.

My companions are incredibly strong and independent, but they are also intuitive and attentive. Sometimes they make decisions or cause happenings that I would actively avoid, but I have yet to come out lesser for their actions.

Bottom line, trust your companion (provided they come from a well versed practitioner, I do not conjure my own for fear of mucking it up) and they will return your trust with all of their abilities. I firmly believe that my belief, and more importantly my trust, make them all stronger.

And we all reap the benefits of a better me.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

To be honest I'm not entirely sure how limited spirits are for multi tasking - some things may just be a matter of a decision making tree to follow instructions, like house rules... if x happens do y and so on. But if it is a matter of sending a spirit somewhere to do something then, unless they are said to be capable of omnipresence, they can't really be everywhere at once, can they?

Spirits' capabilities do vary.

An obvious exception I can think of is if it is a spirit that commands others, who can be tasked by them to do work on their behalf.

Or - a similar thing - if it is one of those wishing spirits that is described as able to do more than one wish at a time. (ie You don't have to wait for the first one to be fulfilled before making the next wish.) You'd still make the wishes in sequence one after the other.

I think this is maybe one reason why CH materials say it is good to work out where you need coverage / lack coverage and get spirits with the right abilities to help cover that.

Einherjars are interesting: they can call on a hundred or so other Einherhars if need be, for protection needs. But those are unbounds and can't be tasked by a keeper.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:35 am To be honest I'm not entirely sure how limited spirits are for multi tasking - some things may just be a matter of a decision making tree to follow instructions, like house rules... if x happens do y and so on. But if it is a matter of sending a spirit somewhere to do something then, unless they are said to be capable of omnipresence, they can't really be everywhere at once, can they?

Spirits' capabilities do vary.

An obvious exception I can think of is if it is a spirit that commands others, who can be tasked by them to do work on their behalf.

Or - a similar thing - if it is one of those wishing spirits that is described as able to do more than one wish at a time. (ie You don't have to wait for the first one to be fulfilled before making the next wish.) You'd still make the wishes in sequence one after the other.

I think this is maybe one reason why CH materials say it is good to work out where you need coverage / lack coverage and get spirits with the right abilities to help cover that.

Einherjars are interesting: they can call on a hundred or so other Einherhars if need be, for protection needs. But those are unbounds and can't be tasked by a keeper.
I strongly agree about what you've said about Einherjars, plus they are very loyal, very dedicated and very protective. I think multitasking would also depend on your relationship with your spirit companion. There are spirits who would like to be given only one task, there are those who want a lot of tasks. My human spirit lover for example loves having quite a lot of tasks from me.

All from CH: 9 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock,2 Witches) 10 Angels,1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1Past Life High Elf, 1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,6 Fae,1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,4 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,1 Tikbalang,1 Gaki,1 Leprechaun,1 Muddled Blood Vampire,1 Aeryan,1 Catoblepas,1 Amanik-Geced, Many Immortals

Return to “Spirit Tasking”