Is there a certain way to task a spirit?

Deaday2all
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubi
If I could be anything, I would be...: Incubus
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Deadae
Zodiac:

This may sound dumb.. But i was wondering how do i go about telling my spirit to do something, i dont want to sound commanding do I? I.e. I task you to do so and so.. ?Or is it more like i respectfully ask you to do this and that..? Or... Do i need to be commanding?

featheredstar
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a wolf

I wouldn't say there's any certain way to task a spirit. Each person would have their own methods. But the bottom line of it is to be respectful to the spirit. Talk to them. Ask them about the task you'd like to get done.

Some of my own starting points include, first calling to the spirit or spirits I need help from, or want to task, and going;
"Can you help me with -"
"Would you do -"
"I really need help tonight with -"

I don't.. really think about it any more on how I word it, unless it's a new spirit. I just kind of ask and go, and check in later if it's something that needs to be checked up on. It's also about how you've built your relationship up with your spirit, too.

Think of it also as asking a friend for help, how would you go about asking your friends in the physical realm? Would you be demanding/commanding, would that be respectful?

They/Them
The family: 2 dragons, 5 vampires, 2 fae, 2 elves, 2 werewolves, 1 fylgia, 1 courtwind angel, 3 ancestors, 2 phoenix, 1 hellhound, 1 volfen, 1 living high elf, 1 living unicorn shifter, 1 kitsune, 1 familiar, 1 wraith, 1 will-of-the-wisp, 1 gryphon, 1 human, 1 fallen angel, 1 merman,
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I would say "politely", as opposed to ordering them around like they are subservient and only exist to cater to us.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:55 pm I would say "politely", as opposed to ordering them around like they are subservient and only exist to cater to us.
Yes...especially as - as far as I understand it - the commanding / ordering approach was kind of the old medieval style, whereas modern spirit keeping is about having companions, admired and respected friends.

With the caveat that I do put in my profile that I'm on the learning path - ie I'm not a master or practitioner - I'd just like to add something that has become clear to me from reading CH materials and discussion in this forum.

Giving our spirit companions something to do helps us and them bond with each other. And they both like and want to do things to help us. This can be as simple as talking to them at the start of the day about how you hope things will go. Asking them if they can help with this or that.

To me tasking can be seen as being on a spectrum, ranging from something as easy and simple as that all the way up to detailed short, medium and long term plans that you work out, write down and share with your spirit companions, ask for their help with and review on, say, a monthly basis.

You can talk to them out loud or telepathically. Being clear is probably the most important thing.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Granted I am still brand spanking new at all of this, but what seems to work for me is having a meeting with my gang and saying "I need help with _____. Who wants it?" Usually the one that says yes will take the lead on it and I then ask if anyone wants to support them.

Most of my communication with them is telepathic as I tend to get everyone together either during meditation or right before I fall asleep. That being said, I find that writing down the tasks seems to work best for me. The physical act of writing means I'm putting more effort into it than telepathy so I feel like I'm doing my part. It's like wanting a million dollars, but still having to buy the lotto ticket. This is me buying the lotto ticket.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “Spirit Tasking”