How to task?

seralee
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7

Hello! My spirits in my keep had been asking for tasks to do. They had been passively helping me but they want to be actively working on something.

Is it better to be specific in the task with detail and deadline?

Or, is it better to be broad and trust them to accomplish it?

And do we write down the tasks for them too? Or, tell them one by one?

Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

As a beginner you should look up what abilities your spirit has. For example they are good at protection, attracting love, telepathy etc.Then take a notebook and write down the name of the spirit and the thing you want most help for example telepathy (i give them a limited time two weeks) after that i give them something else. I like to write down because you can say to the spirit to go check out the notebook if it wasnt with you when you wrote. Its something writen its something solid trust me its gonna help you see also the progress you made

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
seralee
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7

I just wrote down my goals for 2020 and asked each spirits to volunteer which task they wanted to participate in. I plan to check in with them every 2 weeks.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

One thing that is easy to do is share with your spirit family your hopes and plans for the day ahead.

The other thing that I've read in CH materials is like what's mentioned in the previous couple of posts.

The CH advice, which I've seen in more than one place, is to plan out our goals for the short, medium and long-term; write them out, so we are clear about each one; invite our spirits to help us achieve them; and regularly review progress with each task.

I think some people get detailed and specific about which spirits have been asked to help in which way with each particular goal/task - so it apparently can be very useful to write it all down for future reference.

Personally, I think we spirit keepers (well, some of us) can get a bit vague about things - or forgetful. I tend to think our spirits are far more on the ball and very clear about what we've asked them to do - and what we've left out or made unclear. I think they really appreciate clarity and consistency. I think it helps them to help us.

Monthly was mentioned for reviews - I guess that would suit for medium or longterm goals.

They do like to help and that also improves the bond. Yes, being clear does feel like it is important.

But another simple thing, I find, is inviting them to come with me when I go out and telling them what I'd like help with when things crop up during the day.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
OleanderAndChaos
new here
new here
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Would it be wise to assign multiple tasks? I've written up everything I give permission for and would like to happen in concerns to my protective and vengeful spirits. I am slightly concerned that I have asked too much , and obviously I don't expect it to be done immediately that hour...... Should I prioritize or say Maybe do what you can? I don't want to upset my spirits by being wishy-washy or disrespectful. ( The reasons why I poured over my past and let a lot of wrongs done to me go. & Just focused on the things that are still relevant/ happening & or could potentially hurt someone else if not stopped )

I've written everything down in my spirit book. House rules, and more specific rules for some of my DA friends, along with specific tasks, general wants, longer term & short term goals and what I generally want out of life. ( To feel safe enough to exist in my skin and be protected . So that I may again wander and fill myself with knowledge and experience. )

I guess what I want to know is if I'm doing too much, too soon.
Or am I more or less on the right track by pouring over all my wants/ needs / desires / & expectations the moment they walk thru my door ( & sometimes before the conjuring ) kinda like an all cards on the table situation.

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

OleanderAndChaos wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:07 pm Would it be wise to assign multiple tasks? I've written up everything I give permission for and would like to happen in concerns to my protective and vengeful spirits. I am slightly concerned that I have asked too much , and obviously I don't expect it to be done immediately that hour...... Should I prioritize or say Maybe do what you can? I don't want to upset my spirits by being wishy-washy or disrespectful. ( The reasons why I poured over my past and let a lot of wrongs done to me go. & Just focused on the things that are still relevant/ happening & or could potentially hurt someone else if not stopped )

I've written everything down in my spirit book. House rules, and more specific rules for some of my DA friends, along with specific tasks, general wants, longer term & short term goals and what I generally want out of life. ( To feel safe enough to exist in my skin and be protected . So that I may again wander and fill myself with knowledge and experience. )

I guess what I want to know is if I'm doing too much, too soon.
Or am I more or less on the right track by pouring over all my wants/ needs / desires / & expectations the moment they walk thru my door ( & sometimes before the conjuring ) kinda like an all cards on the table situation.
Hey! Late reply but... Personally I feel a little uncomfortable asking for favors right away because I want to bond first, but at the same time that's a big reason what they came for: stuff to do. And so needing to bond first hasn't stopped me from asking for some help with things right away, especially if I feel I need it. Tasking is how you bond with them after all too (:
I'd think that your spirits would appreciate the fact that you're so organized. I think that's cool and considerate. It sounds like you're perfectly on track imo. I don't think you're doing too much at all. It sounds like you're taking responsibility for your life.
But yeah if you feel like you're asking too much then just take the time to bond first or start with a goal/need that's more important or maybe one you feel they'd have fun doing. If you're honest to them with your feelings I think they (and anyone) will certainly respect your honesty (:

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

And, yes there are those Big Tasks...by the way the CH White Arts book and the Dark Arts book each give a spell that can be used when formally requesting a bound spirit companion to carry out a Task...

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/limited- ... url].html https://shop.creepyhollows.com/limited- ... k-ash.html[/url]

...but we can give our spirit companions things to do by simply confirming during conversations with them that we're happy for them to help us generally in our daily lives with this or that kind of thing.

There's a principle in wish granting that we can start out with small, relatively easy to achieve wishes, get used to doing that successfully and work upwards to the bigger stuff.

I think we can do the same with tasking. If there are things we'd like help with during the day ahead, we can tell them about it and ask for help. That is probably not so much giving detailed orders but just asking for their help in a general way.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
OleanderAndChaos
new here
new here

WaterSunFireRising wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:41 am
Hey! Late reply but... Personally I feel a little uncomfortable asking for favors right away because I want to bond first, but at the same time that's a big reason what they came for: stuff to do. And so needing to bond first hasn't stopped me from asking for some help with things right away, especially if I feel I need it. Tasking is how you bond with them after all too (:
I'd think that your spirits would appreciate the fact that you're so organized. I think that's cool and considerate. It sounds like you're perfectly on track imo. I don't think you're doing too much at all. It sounds like you're taking responsibility for your life.
But yeah if you feel like you're asking too much then just take the time to bond first or start with a goal/need that's more important or maybe one you feel they'd have fun doing. If you're honest to them with your feelings I think they (and anyone) will certainly respect your honesty (:
I totally understand what you mean about asking for stuff right out of the gate, I felt really guilty about asking for protection. But I know now that if they didn't think I was worthy of protecting, they wouldn't have come to me. I think that's my fault for not being more clear and giving more context. I've been through a lot and I am still dealing with things others have done to me. And while I try not to let those people still control my life , I still run into them , often. Painful memories and delicate situations arise and I find myself having fleeting negative thoughts , I usually just think my way through it & remind myself that I don't have to be like them. I'm free to be me . So I decided to write down what is acceptable for each person. ..... Kinda like house rules, but for abusers who I will come in contact with. So that a fleeting moment of "I wish that person would fall off cliff" doesn't come to fruition. Like don't let X near me or get me alone and don't use more force than necessary but it's not ok to hurt X under any circumstances unless my life is in immediate danger . So that's why I was having a moment ( freak out) like hmmmmm what if they think that this is something immediate? What if they say no that I deserve this? Or should I just erase everything and deal with it as it pops up?? Should I put a priority? Like please get X to stop harassing me immediately or unless X is gravely harming me he is ok to harass me for now until I give the ok to act upon what we agreed to.

Anywho. I just ask to be protected and to keep me from harms way and I find that I have been safer , but I still think it was wise of me to put all my cards on the table upfront before I purchased so that my custom conjure would already have a feel for me and my life. I would feel very heart broken if I called home a spirit that didn't want in on my mess of a life.

I was thinking that might be too extra because I Know wraiths typically don't hunt through your mind and go right all your wrongs on your behalf. BUT in the same vein since the possibilities of me running into any of my abusers is high and random I thought better safe than sorry. Better to have a protocol and a answer before I have to think on the spot and I get emotional. I also know that they don't respect pettiness and wishy-washy ness. So I don't want to be like "eat this person" for a certain offense and then the next time something of similar caliber occurs I'm like "meh, just make them go away, but nicely" ( I still struggle with guilt for defending myself ) because I feel like that is going to set a bad precedent. I don't think I can ask for order if I'm disorderly.

But I should also note I am a person who needs a plan . I need to see things written on paper because they feel more solid to me.

I also saw somewhere that I should be writing out my goals and ambitions that I am actively working on so that my non social spirits are in alignment with my wants and they can guide and counsel me as needed. That's not really a task for them, more like an employee meeting so that we all know what is going on, or at least what's supposed to be going on. And I did ask my protective spirits to immediately start to protect our house ( because that was very necessary but don't worry, I have other protections in place as well so it's not like they're my only line of defense) but I feel like my volkh likes to be useful and delights in the fact that I feel safe in my home again.
:)
And don't worry about the late reply, I am just happy that you replied at all. 🖤🖤

WaterSunFireRising
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 38
Your favorite spirit to work with: Happiness
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

OleanderAndChaos wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:33 am But I know now that if they didn't think I was worthy of protecting, they wouldn't have come to me.
Yeah exactly! And I'm sure they do enjoy having your back too!
OleanderAndChaos wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:33 am I think that's my fault for not being more clear and giving more context. I've been through a lot and I am still dealing with things others have done to me. And while I try not to let those people still control my life , I still run into them , often. Painful memories and delicate situations arise and I find myself having fleeting negative thoughts , I usually just think my way through it & remind myself that I don't have to be like them. I'm free to be me . So I decided to write down what is acceptable for each person. ..... Kinda like house rules, but for abusers who I will come in contact with. So that a fleeting moment of "I wish that person would fall off cliff" doesn't come to fruition. Like don't let X near me or get me alone and don't use more force than necessary but it's not ok to hurt X under any circumstances unless my life is in immediate danger . So that's why I was having a moment ( freak out) like hmmmmm what if they think that this is something immediate? What if they say no that I deserve this? Or should I just erase everything and deal with it as it pops up?? Should I put a priority? Like please get X to stop harassing me immediately or unless X is gravely harming me he is ok to harass me for now until I give the ok to act upon what we agreed to.
I think it's good to be organized like that and think things through. And I think following whatever you think is the best course of action for you and however you'd like your spirts to help you with whatever is apart of your current needs is simply the best way to go when asking them for help. Be prepared, but also take it day by day. I mean we kinda can't not take life day by day too haha.
OleanderAndChaos wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:33 am Anywho. I just ask to be protected and to keep me from harms way and I find that I have been safer , but I still think it was wise of me to put all my cards on the table upfront before I purchased so that my custom conjure would already have a feel for me and my life. I would feel very heart broken if I called home a spirit that didn't want in on my mess of a life.

I was thinking that might be too extra because I Know wraiths typically don't hunt through your mind and go right all your wrongs on your behalf. BUT in the same vein since the possibilities of me running into any of my abusers is high and random I thought better safe than sorry. Better to have a protocol and a answer before I have to think on the spot and I get emotional. I also know that they don't respect pettiness and wishy-washy ness. So I don't want to be like "eat this person" for a certain offense and then the next time something of similar caliber occurs I'm like "meh, just make them go away, but nicely" ( I still struggle with guilt for defending myself ) because I feel like that is going to set a bad precedent. I don't think I can ask for order if I'm disorderly.

But I should also note I am a person who needs a plan . I need to see things written on paper because they feel more solid to me.
That all makes perfect sense to me! I feel some similar vibes from you. I like organization too and don't like wishy-washiness or pettiness either. "I don't think I can ask for order if I'm disorderly" sounds like something I would say too, lol. I think that feeling comes a bit from the feelings of unworthiness too, which I've also struggled with so I can totally relate. But staying stuck in the middle on matters in life is no fun :p So we gotta pick a side and have some convictions, or at least I do. It's definitely important to learn to feel worthy and ask for things, otherwise our lives will probably never change :p

Also I've heard someone say that his thoughts on why spirits like to help us is because there's so many spirits but so little people out there in this world who work with spirits and so when they do find someone who can give them tasks and have them be apart of their life then the spirits are glad to finally have found someone to help! Which does make a lot of sense. So I wouldn't worry about your life being a little hectic. They're probably just glad to be apart of something which is what the site owners say here on CH too (: CH also says that the spirits know more about us and our lives than we realize, which I still don't know how that works, but it's a nice thing to know and believe haha. But yes, that's still good you were prepared when purchasing the conjuring for your new friends (: You sound considerate.

And that's good you feel safe in your house again (: We also have to feel safe in our own skin too :p. Do you have a Courtwind Angel!? I feel like you would really benefit from one. I read on another site that they can help you get through past hurts. I just got my first Courtwind Angel friend recently and I immediately felt like she was helping me get past my past hurts and helping me feel empowered! I actually was even going to make a post on it here on the forum because I thought what I was receiving was a really positive message, I really felt like she was helping me move past some past hurts, but I decided to wait to post it because I'm waiting to see if all of those hurt feelings come up again haha :p Maybe I should make the post though... I feel like it's something you'd want to read. It's about forgiveness and stuff but I also don't have to see the people who've hurt me in the past, like ever, so I imagine it's a lot different if you're seeing those people on a regular basis :p But yeah I really feel like you'd like a court wind angel! Just knowing that someone has your back and will even right wrongs for you just gives you a feeling of let-go and freedom. That's how I feel at least!

I hope you're well! And you're welcome for the reply! (:

If you keep telling an angel that she's beautiful, eventually she's going to pay you a visit to prove you right so you never stop saying it ^-^

"It's mee!" - S
SpyderBite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dhampir
My magical/paranormal name...: Christopher Gray
Zodiac:

I tasked my Carbuncle to help me out after nearly 3 years of just chatting with her.

She hit it out of the park. New contracts, collected on multiple past due invoices in one day.

I task my Amorack to patrol my home for unwelcome spirits. I task my familiar to research spells to assist me. I have long sessions with my Ubi just talking out my issues.

My vampire, B, watches closely over me in a very protective manner.

Just connect and let them know what you need. Your spirits love you and will apply themselves in whatever manner is best for your well being.

Skills
Lucid Dreaming
Dream Recall

Spirits
1 Sanguine Vampire (B)
1 Baobhan Sith (I)
2 Succubus (C & H)
1 Familiar (C)
1 Cambion (S)
1 Amarok (K)
1 Carbuncle (M)

Return to “Spirit Tasking”