You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

not sure if this is the right place to post this. well, has anyone charged clients to task your spirits in executing their wishes instead of using spells?

are there issues with your spirits not liking it, or do they welcome it? i'm not planning on it but i'm just curious. i have tasked my spirits to help out friends at no charge. and they have been successful in executing them. i'm wondering if it sort of breaks any form of a covenant between you and your spirits to ask them to solve issues or grant wishes on other's behalf for money.

thoughts?

Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

I've worked with my Spiritual friends (in the same way one would work with a Coven) but I haven't charged for them to do work on their own (that feels pretty wrong in my eyes). If I'm not doing work - then whatever my friends do for others should be a gift from them.

As for whether they enjoyed working with me, I think they enjoyed motivating me and showing me different (usually more efficient) methods. It wasn't so much helping strangers that they enjoyed, but they liked seeing me exercise my talents for sure. They thought it was good for my personal growth.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Muse wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:29 am I've worked with my Spiritual friends (in the same way one would work with a Coven) but I haven't charged for them to do work on their own (that feels pretty wrong in my eyes).
i feel this too, but I've stumbled on a few youtube videos where some magickal practitioners pretty much openly share that they utilize their spirit companions to do their bidding, and they charge for their service. i was just curious if anyone had experience with that and their spirit companions deciding that is a no go after a while. not sure if they can draw the line between helping you and helping you and knowing you make a profit off their efforts.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Generally speaking, it's best not to judge other people's paths.
Whether or not we agree with them.

However, I am interested in these videos.
Care to give an example?

- Muse
foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Muse wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:15 pm Generally speaking, it's best not to judge other people's paths.

Care to give an example?
i'd rather not because that person is a black arts practitioner and their friends with their own youtube channels. and quite honestly, I may have upset them (probably got myself involved in a spiritual war lol) because they are pretty toxic - popping off at people who disagree with them, even trashing their clients because they asked too many questions and not giving them the respect they demand.

because of my comment I made in one of their videos, I unwittingly triggered that person into back and forth comment thread, ultimately leading that practitioner to make not-so-subtle threats in their next video about their spirits/entities/dieties punishing people who are vocal about commenting anything less than complimentary about them. yeah, I'll not add fuel to the fire when they find out their videos are linked here.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

foxxyeclipse wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:27 pm
Muse wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:15 pm Generally speaking, it's best not to judge other people's paths.

Care to give an example?
i'd rather not because that person is a black arts practitioner and their friends with their own youtube channels. and quite honestly, I may have upset them (probably got myself involved in a spiritual war lol) because they are pretty toxic - popping off at people who disagree with them, even trashing their clients because they asked too many questions and not giving them the respect they demand.

because of my comment I made in one of their videos, I unwittingly triggered that person into back and forth comment thread, ultimately leading that practitioner to make not-so-subtle threats in their next video about their spirits/entities/dieties punishing people who are vocal about commenting anything less than complimentary about them. yeah, I'll not add fuel to the fire when they find out their videos are linked here.
The most vocal practitioners are often the least powerful. It's like watching a Chihuahua. I wouldn't worry yourself over it. Though I do respect your choice of not sharing the videos.

- Muse
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

There's also a chance that sometimes some of the most vocal and strident sellers /practitioners can be hiding the fact that they don't do anything for you and just talk the talk...or take you money and say they've done the work but they haven't.

That kind of drama is a big alarm bell for me.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:21 pm There's also a chance that sometimes some of the most vocal and strident sellers /practitioners can be hiding the fact that they don't do anything for you and just talk the talk...or take you money and say they've done the work but they haven't.

That kind of drama is a big alarm bell for me.
Ooohhh yes this as well.

- Muse
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Alarm bells went off for me too. I put the question to them about being "hired" out to a client to carry out a client's wish. My keep replied with a big fat no.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Muse wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:38 pm
The most vocal practitioners are often the least powerful. It's like watching a Chihuahua. I wouldn't worry yourself over it. Though I do respect your choice of not sharing the videos.
thanks. yeah I'm not worried tbh. I'm protected enough. though I was taken aback in the beginning when their stans piled up on me. but yeah just wanna not antagonize them further.

but yeah, some of their work include: breaking up marriages, ruining someone's lives so they lose money, jobs etc and they made it clear their spirits (not sure if they're just using the general term and avoiding the use of the word demons) to do their bidding. that was what intrigued me if that was something people taking paid magickal work do as they seem to not even hide that their spirits and deities have no issue with them taking paid work.

but I supposed they operate on a different spectrum so the beings they engage in have different take on the issue.

Return to “Spirit Tasking”