Tasking human spirits?

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Is it possible to task human spirits? Would they like it, or feel somewhat used?
I mean, I have read that tasking spirits is a very good way to bond with them, but I don't want to run the risk of offending any of my human spirit friends...
I mean, I don't want them to think I looked for their friendship just to have them as helpers!

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

Yes, it's totally okay to task them. I might think that they want to help you anyways! Since most of the "ordinary humans" don't posses much knowledge of the occult, you can task them for other things. Mine like to be emotional support, helping me to empower my focus in difficult situations and stress relief. I also think that they can boost creativity and share ideas, if they were an artist. Many of my human spirits do that, they want me to learn the whole human experience that they lived through.

GabrielleHunter
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male

Here, as you are lucky, if it is the soul of your close friend or relative, most likely they will even be happy to follow your instructions, you will give them the meaning of existence. On the contrary, if it is an unfamiliar spirit, and without his consent, you should not ask him for anything.
Last edited by GabrielleHunter on Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Adrasteia wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:24 am Yes, it's totally okay to task them. I might think that they want to help you anyways! Since most of the "ordinary humans" don't posses much knowledge of the occult, you can task them for other things. Mine like to be emotional support, helping me to empower my focus in difficult situations and stress relief. I also think that they can boost creativity and share ideas, if they were an artist. Many of my human spirits do that, they want me to learn the whole human experience that they lived through.
Thank you, Adrasteia! What you said about your spirit companions and your interactions with them is really wonderful <3
I think my human spirits do something similar with me as well. I generally ask them to help me by giving me emotional support when I am sad, stressed or tired. One of them is the one I interact with the most, he is very dear to me. We are in the learning process together. At the moment he is telling me several important things about himself and his past life, so that we can know each other better :8)

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

GabrielleHunter wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:46 pm Here, as you are lucky, if it is the soul of your close friend or relative, most likely they will even be happy to follow your instructions, you will give them the meaning of existence. On the contrary, if it is an unfamiliar spirit, and without his consent, you should not ask him for anything.
I totally agree with you: in fact, we always have to talk in a polite and respectful way with spirits, especially with those we don't know yet.

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I've heard humans you're close to that have the abilities and wisdom to help you are actually one of the more helpful spirits because they know what it's like to be human: human emotions, living in human society, needing money (if they come from that kind of culture.)

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

cairngorn wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:10 pm I've heard humans you're close to that have the abilities and wisdom to help you are actually one of the more helpful spirits because they know what it's like to be human: human emotions, living in human society, needing money (if they come from that kind of culture.)

I agree. In fact, although there are many kinds of spirits I like, the ones I know for sure that have come to interact with me the most are generally human, maybe because they feel a sort of emotional connection to me.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

PrincessKnight wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:18 am Is it possible to task human spirits? Would they like it, or feel somewhat used?
I mean, I have read that tasking spirits is a very good way to bond with them, but I don't want to run the risk of offending any of my human spirit friends...
I mean, I don't want them to think I looked for their friendship just to have them as helpers!
I think that depends on each individual human spirit. One of the historic human spirits I have with me wants to help in any manner he can, since that is what he wants to help and make an impact in the world. While some might also help or assist living human beings with issues they might be facing, if they sense or know that there is trouble ahead or that it would e.g. cause the keeper or some close to them (e.g. family members).

So the best answer I have to the question if human spirits like to be tasked, or not, is that "it depends on the individual spirit". I am by no means an expert, all the things I have written above either comes from messages from spirit biographies that I have purchased at Creepy Hollows as well as my own experiences with my human spirit companions.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

EDIT:

I think that depends on each individual human spirit. One of the historic human spirits I have with me wants to help in any manner he can since that is what he wants to help and make an impact in the world. While some might also help or assist living human beings with issues they might be facing, if they sense or know that there is trouble ahead, or something or someone that would e.g. cause the keeper or some close to them (e.g. family members) trouble or considerable distress. In one case, one of my human spirit companions helped avert what could a very bad situation. Not for me, but for my loved ones and one of their dogs. I shudder to think about what might've happened if my spirit companion hadn't come in and helped.

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte

Szyvágr wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:00 pm EDIT:

I think that depends on each individual human spirit. One of the historic human spirits I have with me wants to help in any manner he can since that is what he wants to help and make an impact in the world. While some might also help or assist living human beings with issues they might be facing, if they sense or know that there is trouble ahead, or something or someone that would e.g. cause the keeper or some close to them (e.g. family members) trouble or considerable distress. In one case, one of my human spirit companions helped avert what could a very bad situation. Not for me, but for my loved ones and one of their dogs. I shudder to think about what might've happened if my spirit companion hadn't come in and helped.
What your spirit companion did to help your loved ones and their dog is truly wonderful! I am so happy when I read such stories because they show us how important, meaningful and deep can be our friendship with beings from the spiritual realm <3

Return to “Spirit Tasking”