The block of 'perfectionism, precision and accuracy'

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Found out what could be the 'blockage'. Its known as 'perfectionism' or 'trying to increase precision' of how visualization to be as real and objective as possible so to get closest to how something really looks like.

Hence somebody said 'you might see something but then suddenly something makes you doubt'. I found out its linked to this in my 'journey'. Its similar to when I try to make art I try to make it conform to everybody or as many people as possible's view of 'perfection' or 'beautiful'.

Its also why I am so interested in stuff like cosmetics (And wear the most makeup when taking photos for IDs).

Thisica
new here
new here

In my opinion, it's more about setting one's expectations to someone else's standards which sucks. "Perfectionism, precision and accuracy" are virtues in scientific research, but they're not that useful for exploring personal experience. For that, it's more of trust, patience and openness to what happens. That's why I do cringe when people use science-language to describe meta-experience: it's a poor fit.

Now, my own suspicion is that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose. I have read and heard many attempts at a systematic account of it, from materialism and theosophy to the Christian system or that of Kant, and I have always felt that they were much too simple.-- J. B. S. Haldane

Let's enjoy our experiences (within reasonable safety), regardless of belief. <3
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

...another form of people pleasing?...which is conditioned into us by a combination of parents and society...

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

If I am not mistaken Wizard, you're a Virgo, and this mentality is not abnormal for Virgos to exhibit. It has its light and shadow side, for sure.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Sounds like a fit for you.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:18 am If I am not mistaken Wizard, you're a Virgo, and this mentality is not abnormal for Virgos to exhibit. It has its light and shadow side, for sure.
I might have done a 'meditation' where I dismantled all 'human' concepts=in my mind if that's accurate to describe it.

This one time it did achieve some success in that I got a glimpse of the 'consciousness' or 'existence' I was in once and looking to get back in touch with for awhile? The one I think I described to you just recently?

One thing that's interesting though is it still turns out the 'survival' or 'prolong your body's life' part is what keeps giving it a strong drive. And that part has shown up in plenty of readings before as just 'material survival' but I didn't exactly know what that properly meant.

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

If not then its just tied to 'survival' in some way I guess, like "You wouldn't want to lose those instincts."

HighSkies
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Like if somehow there was a way to become immortal to the point where 'nothing can result in your death if you make a mistake' I would probably not have to worry about that instinct, or if it was in a pod lol idk?

Return to “Today I found out...”