Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Creepy Hollows Crew wrote:It was announced many times over a 3 month period that helpdesk was being moved from the software it was in to an email-based software called Zoho. ALL tickets sent to us through the support@creepyhollows.com email address are answered and they are answered within 24-48 hours on weekdays and 48-72 hours over weekends and holidays.

All helpdesk staff ONLY operates through support@creepyhollows.com - there is no other helpdesk or method of contact that is answered daily.

If you email any other email address you are not guaranteed to get a response because email addresses like store@creepyhollows.com and shop@creepyhollows.com are no-reply email addresses. The only way you will have a live person respond to you, who can answer your questions about the forum, your orders, your account, or anything else is support@creepyhollows.com

Permissions in the forum were changed late last year due to misuse of the forum's functions by new members.
Thank you for the clarification.

Perhaps there's misinformation due to some listings and encyclopedia pages labeling the help desk as a go-to instead of the support email?

Edit: oh also I know many people who dislike newsletters as they feel it crowds their inbox. Perhaps also including an announcement on the forum would be useful to keep these types of misunderstandings from happening...? :)

Unless you also announced it via forum and you were only using the newsletters as an example of a way to keep up with site changes. Then just ignore me. x3

Creepy Hollows Crew
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0

You'd think a site that can afford to pay it's own staffers can also afford to fix mild coding errors...I don't mean to make that sound malicious, I'm just genuinely dumbfounded that the more I look at the forum the more little things start falling out of place. We need some genuine TLC. For CH's sake, and it's members.
Forum mods are not paid, they volunteer out of their love for this community. So let's not judge them because we are grateful they even volunteer to do this.

I realize you are new, so you are not knowledgeable on everything that happened in the last 17 years, but this site does receive regular updates to its software with security issues and with cosmetic issues.

Because you are new, I know you didn't receive the announcements & don't realize that the shop updates alone have taken more than a year. Sometimes it's not just a basic coding error, sometimes fixes we want done are linked to bigger portions of code that require much more rigorous coding.

The forum updates last year alone took almost the entire year for the coding that brought back private messages and to ensure the security updates were completed. The banner being an obstruction is only with certain browsers and devices, it is not an obstruction for everyone. This makes it a little more annoying for the developers to pin down, but it is on the path to being resolved.

Any recommendations or complaints regarding the functionality of the forum, shop, or encyclopedia are all taken into consideration and most of the time they are all fixed in a timely manner.

No request, complaint, or recommendation is ignored, and if it's something we can address in a timely manner we do, and if it's something the developers have to fix then we are at their mercy for their timeline. This is a HUGE website with a lot of moving parts, so things are prioritized with security first and then cosmetic and other functionality second.

With helpdesk, there are numerous pages in the forum (using the search function) that discusses helpdesk and its move.

Both the paid staff (which is only in the shop), and the volunteer staff (here & the encyclopedia) work above and beyond all the time. I know the mods work very hard here and they do it because they love the community & they want the best for the members here.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Creepy Hollows Crew wrote: Forum mods are not paid, they volunteer out of their love for this community. So let's not judge them because we are grateful they even volunteer to do this.

I didn't say anything about forum staff, I specifically mentioned the staff that were paid and clarified in a post below that I understood the difference between forum and shop staff, and that the IT were paid and those were where my main complaints were headed towards. Please do not make it look like anything else. I too think the forum staff do their best and I did not direct any negativity towards them.
Creepy Hollows Crew wrote:I realize you are new, so you are not knowledgeable on everything that happened in the last 17 years, but this site does receive regular updates to its software with security issues and with cosmetic issues.

Because you are new, I know you didn't receive the announcements & don't realize that the shop updates alone have taken more than a year. Sometimes it's not just a basic coding error, sometimes fixes we want done are linked to bigger portions of code that require much more rigorous coding.

The forum updates last year alone took almost the entire year for the coding that brought back private messages and to ensure the security updates were completed. The banner being an obstruction is only with certain browsers and devices, it is not an obstruction for everyone. This makes it a little more annoying for the developers to pin down, but it is on the path to being resolved.

Exactly. I am new. So I am unaware of all the changes that go into the site. I appreciate you informing me, because that's all I wanted. I had already emailed the help desk and a very wonderful staff member going by the name of Willow clarified all this and more, and told me she would get on the problems that were not clarified and get back to me.

She did all of this politely, too. Completely unpatronizing and understanding. I genuinely appreciated her approach.

Creepy Hollows Crew wrote:Any recommendations or complaints regarding the functionality of the forum, shop, or encyclopedia are all taken into consideration and most of the time they are all fixed in a timely manner.

No request, complaint, or recommendation is ignored, and if it's something we can address in a timely manner we do, and if it's something the developers have to fix then we are at their mercy for their timeline. This is a HUGE website with a lot of moving parts, so things are prioritized with security first and then cosmetic and other functionality second.

With helpdesk, there are numerous pages in the forum (using the search function) that discusses helpdesk and its move.

Understood.

Creepy Hollows Crew wrote:Both the paid staff (which is only in the shop), and the volunteer staff (here & the encyclopedia) work above and beyond all the time. I know the mods work very hard here and they do it because they love the community & they want the best for the members here.
No one said otherwise. I was blatantly talking about IT and the tech issues I found and the lack of response based on the dates of other report submissions in this thread with seemingly a lack of admin acknowledgement (because I saw no admin replies) and because I'm new and was unaware help desk was moved to email I was under the impression that perhaps there was an issue with communication, so I took it upon myself to send the email and got the clarification I needed from Willow.

I understand your desire to defend and support your community, trust me, but in return please understand I meant no harm and me being new does not stop me from being passionate about the only site that actually offers resources, information, and community. I care too, and I appreciate the staff too, even if what I said above might have given you the wrong impression. It's because I care that I made this thread. If I wasn't passionate I'd have just ignore the problems I saw. It's really that simple.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote: I didn't say anything about forum staff, I specifically mentioned the staff that were paid and clarified in a post below that I understood the difference between forum and shop staff, and that the IT were paid and those were where my main complaints were headed towards. Please do not make it look like anything else. I too think the forum staff do their best and I did not direct any negativity towards them.
Actually, the red-colored members (the one you're responding above) are not forum mod, they're forum admin, i.e. owner/shop staff.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

darkwing dook wrote: Actually, the red-colored members (the one you're responding above) are not forum mod, they're forum admin, i.e. owner/shop staff.
Given that their name is red and it says admin next to their name plus they have a signature with an admin name in it...I kind of already knew that.

Return to “Report CH Site Issues”