Ecosia

Know any cool sites to go to? Post it here.
starseed1111
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

This is my favorite website and my favorite app. It is a search engine, and the income they get from your searches funds tree planting in various parts of the world. There is a counter that counts how many searches you do. Approximately 45 searches funds one tree.

https://www.ecosia.org/

Their blog and YouTube channel gives a lot more details about how they make their planting decisions. I recommend them highly!

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have seen ads in my country for this search engine. This is really a great idea, if they cling to their promises. I tend to use duckduckgo but I don't know how it compares to this one.

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

They claim to not save anything and you're able to deactivate any kind of tracking, quite similar to duckduckgo.
I've been using it for at least a year now, generating enough searches for 1000 trees. I haven't seen any specific advertising on things I had searched for within this time, so for me eat seems to be not only an empty promise regarding my data and privacy.
As for the trees only time will tell in the long run, when we see things grow on satellite pictures or maybe independent journalists report about it.
So far it doesn't hurt to use it.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤

Return to “Cool Sites”