Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Super speed

here's a question that's been burning me for a while and i'm not sure where to post this question, does getting a catholic baptism and confirmation affect your paranormal abilities?

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I've had both -- in each case, before I even knew that paranormal things existed -- and neither sacrament has affected my abilities.

But I perceive paranormal abilities can be classed in the same category as the ability to draw, write, do math, do athletic things, play music... sacraments don't influence those things, either. Sacraments are part of a belief system that will, should we choose to let it, impact how we feel it's appropriate to USE our abilities, but that's not the same thing as having the abilities in the first place.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

ZenShin wrote:here's a question that's been burning me for a while and i'm not sure where to post this question, does getting a catholic baptism and confirmation affect your paranormal abilities?
I am a baptised catholic all my life (Baptised as a baby by my parents choice) and had very strong paranormal abilities and interactions/ experiences all my life.
Don´t worry about it, rather reflect what it is that gives you this doubt or worry.
If it is a sort of fear, then look into it. It needs to be desolved in order to have a neutral journey into the spirit world.
I know from my own experience that dealing with the paranormal can become quite an issue if you are brought up in a strict catholic belief system. Here is the challenge.

Could you clarify your worries a little more? If you wish.

swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

Surprisingly, there are quite a few Catholics here at Creepy Hollows. In answer to your question, I would say a firm no--and that is said as a cradle Catholic. Having had all the sacraments and gone through 12 years of Catholic school (don't get me started on THAT!!!), I can honestly say it has not negatively affected my paranormal abilities--in fact--some of the hints I got regarding how to recognize and differentiate WA vs DA spirits was actually taught to us in grammar school. Imagine that!!! Since this dovetailed nicely with my already beginning dealings with the paranormal, I was like "yay"!!!

My point being again--no--the sacraments if anything help to open up channels not make things difficult...... :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:
Angel Marie
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire and Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have to agree with everyone here by saying that the religion you were born into, in my case forced into will not in any way affect your abilities. If you are very religious and are afraid of the unknown or to see things now that will affect your abilities as fear literally blocks them . We all have different beliefs and come from different backgrounds, one thing is for sure we are all born with gifts or heightened senses. You must simply develop them and believe. I also was baptized the whole nine yards however I chose a spiritual path and have allowed my gifts to develop. Nothing is instant, all it requires is patience 8)|*

"Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us."
brimstone
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced

I was only baptized- no communion or confirmation (whenever I was enrolled in those classes for communion, something happened to prevent my attendance)... anyhooo, it did not interfere in my abilities in any way- I've been seeing spirits since I was a young child and working magick "officially" since I was 12.

I did, however, deprogram myself from any Catholic/ Christian brainwashing that was shoved at me from my family. I did this because I received some very cruel, twisted interpretations of creation, humanity and "morals"... I even found a website that allowed you to "Un-Baptize" yourself (all you do is click "Un-Baptize Me" or something like that, lol).

I think my abilities began to improve once I let go of beliefs that weren't mine and all of the "guilt" that came with it...

Return to “Investigations”