cairngorn
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

Amulet of Tolerance

Post by cairngorn »

(The title's kind of a joke).

Anyway I find myself wanting to be around people, but uncomfortable actually being around people. (Talking about the Before Times here.) Something rubs me the wrong way so often. I think it's a good idea to deal with this by just letting it wash over me, but that has limits. I work on my own mind and challenge judgemental thoughts I have. I do a modified sort of shield, but honestly it doesn't seem terribly effective.

Does anyone have any advice on energetic techniques/spells/and so on?

victorgrim
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: Amulet of Tolerance

Post by victorgrim »

Hello!
I get what you're going through....as someone on the spectrum I've always had a hard time socializing and getting to know other people. I feel uncomfortable around crowds or strangers in general irl, and I get irritated easily. One thing I've found that helps is carrying around a blessed rose quartz that I charge myself via visualization. It's a very sweet and personable stone that helps me connect with others. I also make it a point to know my limits, there's nothing wrong with needing to step away for a moment if you need to. I hope this helps, and I wish you a good week!

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 183
Spelled Number: 170
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

cairngorn wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:06 am
(The title's kind of a joke).

Anyway I find myself wanting to be around people, but uncomfortable actually being around people. (Talking about the Before Times here.) Something rubs me the wrong way so often. I think it's a good idea to deal with this by just letting it wash over me, but that has limits. I work on my own mind and challenge judgemental thoughts I have. I do a modified sort of shield, but honestly it doesn't seem terribly effective.

Does anyone have any advice on energetic techniques/spells/and so on?
Long post re-edited:

For negative people maybe
https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spell-to ... nergy.html

Another angle from which to approach this could be to work on reaching a harmonious relationship with life. If we can get to a place where we're no longer projecting irritation onto other people, we'll have stopped adding that energy into the mix and things may run more smoothly for us. (Perhaps easier said than done.)

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

cairngorn
neophyte
neophyte

Post by cairngorn »

@victorgrim: rose quartz is nice. I forgot to mention I have an amazonite that seems to help. I don't work with rocks much, but this one is really nice. "Transmutes chaotic energy" is a good summary.

@Lewk; that looks helpful, though most of the people I have trouble with are not especially negative. And the one that is I need to work with long term. The harmonious relationship with life seems the best solution, but that is not a short-term project! Heh.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 183
Spelled Number: 170
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

cairngorn wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:04 pm
@victorgrim: rose quartz is nice. I forgot to mention I have an amazonite that seems to help. I don't work with rocks much, but this one is really nice. "Transmutes chaotic energy" is a good summary.

@Lewk; that looks helpful, though most of the people I have trouble with are not especially negative. And the one that is I need to work with long term. The harmonious relationship with life seems the best solution, but that is not a short-term project! Heh.
You know, that's weird. I did a much longer post a bit closer to your theme of a harmonious relationship with life then deleted most of it, as I thought I'd gone off topic.

I think it is often within us that the solution to a harmonious relationship with life can be found but, as you say, easier said than done. People spend their whole lives on it.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

cairngorn
neophyte
neophyte

Post by cairngorn »

In my case, I see the root of it as fear of other people. Also sensory issues but that's something else. I'd expect protection or self-development to help.

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”