You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal

How Do I Ward?

Post by ARandomDemon »

I was looking on google on a tutorial on how to ward bad energy/evil magic and spirits from your house but the problem is that all I'm finding is Tumblr and Pinterest image posts of ''Place herb/salt/object here and it'll keep bad stuff away.''

Like,no. I want rituals and spells. I don't want to make a house guardian to sit in my room and protect the house or a thoughtform, I want something kind of like a spiritual successor to The Lesser banishing Ritual Of The Pentagram except it's for warding your house or an area.

I don't want to just 'visualize white light covering an area' either because it doesn't give me enough mental impact for me to feel like it's protecting anything. Telling me to just visualize just makes me feel like you're saying ''Use your intent to protect the house''. I'll start messing with quick and easy visualization wards when I have done the heavy duty stuff first.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: How Do I Ward?

Post by Aprophis »

ARandomDemon wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:33 pm
I was looking on google on a tutorial on how to ward bad energy/evil magic and spirits from your house but the problem is that all I'm finding is Tumblr and Pinterest image posts of ''Place herb/salt/object here and it'll keep bad stuff away.''

Like,no. I want rituals and spells. I don't want to make a house guardian to sit in my room and protect the house or a thoughtform, I want something kind of like a spiritual successor to The Lesser banishing Ritual Of The Pentagram except it's for warding your house or an area.

I don't want to just 'visualize white light covering an area' either because it doesn't give me enough mental impact for me to feel like it's protecting anything. Telling me to just visualize just makes me feel like you're saying ''Use your intent to protect the house''. I'll start messing with quick and easy visualization wards when I have done the heavy duty stuff first.
The thing is, that is what wards are. Items and symbols keeping stuff away from places.
They're not like shields. And they're not necessarily made with rituals and spells.
So either you put up the objects/herbs/salts or learn how to make sigils that ward stuff away or get magical symbols that ward stuff away.
Or you stick to shielding.

Wards can be great because they need less maintenance. They're more permanent. That's why physical items are often used.
Only magically created wards can only go so far.
With physical items you will not have to check so often, they will not get weakened so easily. You just have to check on them every now and then and recharge them, at the worst, cleanse them.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal

Post by ARandomDemon »

If wards are just physical stuff,will looking for stuff on shielding give me any spells/rituals?

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Post by Aprophis »

ARandomDemon wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:56 pm
If wards are just physical stuff,will looking for stuff on shielding give me any spells/rituals?
There's a lot of shielding and protection spells and rituals, so yes.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Whyme
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: It's too personal to share.

Post by Whyme »

Hi there.

The successor to the lesser banishing pentagram ritual is the greater banishing pentagram ritual. I came across it in a book, "The Secrets of High Magic Vintage Edition" by Francis Melville. He calls it the Greater Ritual of the Pentagram. I tweaked bits of it due to some errors concerning the directions of drawing the pentagrams and some other things that didn't sit right with me. I use it instead of casting a circle which I find more effective and suitable for my path. The rituals can be used for banishing and attracting energies. After the section about pentagrams, Francis describes rituals of the hexagram. It all depends on what you want to do with such symbols.

According to Francis, the invoking ritual is to be done before any magic workings and then the banishing ritual when you're finished with your magic work. Maybe you can adapt it to suit your needs.

Good luck.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 165
Spelled Number: 160
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

In addition to what has been said: ideally one would have a number of layers of protection. So - going on what this thread has discussed - setting wards *and* doing shielding *and* doing rites like the LBRP or GBRP will give overlapping layers of protection with greater coverage that one tool on its own.

If you add to that DIY stuff other things like protection spell bindings created by experts and bound protection spirits, you'll get even more coverage.

The adage is you can never have too much protection.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Post by Likes2Read »

I was reading something a few years ago written by a lady who was dealing with someone sending hostile magic at her and her family.

She set up a crystal grid for protection, and that helped.

However, when she took the grid down to cleanse it, and forgot to put it back up ASAP, all the problems started happening again.

Now she has two sets of grid crystals, so she can put the second set up as soon as she takes down the first set for cleansing. Since then, she has not had any problems.

So, should you decide to establish physical wards, have a second set of them ready to put in when you decide to cleanse the first set. Then you will have minimal interruption to your protections.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Return to “General Questions”