Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 pm
Vipera aspis atra wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:26 pm Then there are beings that don't actually care too much about forming a bond with any of us or see reason to but will be around us for a price, and those contracts tend to be more involved.

What is this "price"? What about spirits that are not social? Do they not really care about us at all and just in it for whatever the "price" is?
Hopefully Vipera will be able to answer this...about price.

Non-social'

Spirits described as 'not social': that's just to do with their personality / character.

Non-social spirits seem to be fully available, responsive, agreeable, loyal, helpful and taskable etc. They're just not likely to want to engage in a conversation about topical events, enjoy watching films with you and so on. They don't need attention from their keeper, in that sense. Bonding exercises, time spent together for that reason is still well worth doing.

It's totally different from anti-social, mercenary, uncaring, selfish etc.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 pm
Vipera aspis atra wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:26 pm Then there are beings that don't actually care too much about forming a bond with any of us or see reason to but will be around us for a price, and those contracts tend to be more involved.

What is this "price"? What about spirits that are not social? Do they not really care about us at all and just in it for whatever the "price" is?
I wouldn't include the typical non-social being (as categorized for instance by CH) in the statement I made.
One example where an involved contract can be necessary to form is with certain very old/ancient/primal beings, semi-immortals, deities that are elusive to mankind (have made themselves elusive for good reason). They will be pickier about who they work with in the first place so it's not going to be a realization that sneaks up on you if you're involved with one of them. There are plenty of presences fundamental to particular traditions, such as the Loa of Vodou, which are upfront with a price or offering or ritual they have in mind by the nature of those very traditions and if you don't hold to your end of the 'bargain' in that instance, it will not reflect well on you and may make further interactions difficult. It doesn't mean the price is going to be extravagant.
Some among those beings I'm alluding to could warm up to us or enjoy us or see an ongoing benefit in being around us over time, and there are always exceptions to various traditions and beliefs. With that being said, they aren't necessarily non-social, just particular about their interactions.

As far as what the price might be, the agreement depends on the being in question, practitioner in question, and overall situation just as it would for those who are willing and eager to befriend us.
You will always be made aware in some way if something is needed from you in order to allow an interaction to take place.
Those beings that don't care much about forming a personal bond are usually the kind of beings you don't call upon to bond with in the first place, but solely because you have tasks that you'd like to enlist their help with. They are foremost all business, and that isn't inherently a bad thing because you don't always want to invest in an ongoing relationship in order to make things happen. It's the same way we engage in transactions in the physical realm. You have friends, but you also have those you pay to handle a task. You may even borrow from someone and be expected to repay them even if they are friendly and know you well.
It is fair and reasonable to take part in transactions with certain forces in this manner where it suits. I'd just advise one to be experienced so that there is cognizance of what exactly the exchange is, should one be dealing in that personally.. and if a seller is setting that up on your behalf/that is the unique situation, they need to be transparent about it.

Therefore, the way a non-social being under the CH categorization (again as just an example), like a Wraith, differs from this is in that they by their very existence take on the sort of duties you'd enlist them for readily; for them to be tasked is a continuation of and involvement of their genuine purpose. They enjoy what they do or know no other reality, they do it as naturally as they exist, and wouldn't need payment to agree to it. Just to know they are being respected, maybe acknowledged for their work (and sometimes they'd prefer not to be acknowledged, just let them do their work and leaving them alone is satisfying enough for them).
When we speak of more involved contracts we consider beings who don't feel any sort of compulsion or need to perform these tasks, may not do them regularly, may not always enjoy them and often only see benefit in doing them under particular circumstances. They're less simplistic to deal with and one will probably only be involved in that sort of scenario with a being if they're at an advanced level of experience in the mystical arts.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:02 am
Non-social'

Spirits described as 'not social': that's just to do with their personality / character.

Non-social spirits seem to be fully available, responsive, agreeable, loyal, helpful and taskable etc. They're just not likely to want to engage in a conversation about topical events, enjoy watching films with you and so on. They don't need attention from their keeper, in that sense. Bonding exercises, time spent together for that reason is still well worth doing.

It's totally different from anti-social, mercenary, uncaring, selfish etc.
Yes, precisely this. Very important to distinguish.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Victoria_is_Mysterious
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 60
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Thoughtforms
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Victoria

In my own experience, the spirit or the living entity, comes to me before I purchase a binding. We even interact together. When we see that he have a good time, or that we are compatible, then we decide to proceed with a binding process. Strange, but this is how it works with me! So, I don't know about the contract's terms and conditions, but I can sense the energy of it, and I don't find anything harmful in it.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:26 pm - insert straight facts -
You make me wish we could bookmark individual posts.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse

Return to “General Questions”