Can cats have mulitple incarnations at the same time?

mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: ☯️ Aqua Fractalyne ☯️

Can cats have mulitple incarnations at the same time?

Post by mochi.icecream »

I think I'll just jump in and explain - I have a deceased kitten that used to be my pet bound to me. I've been more aware of his energy recently and I've learned something that took me by surprise: two of my younger cats I own are both his incarnations. I didn't expect it, and I don't know why he has two of his incarnations living with me simultaneously, but my divination and intuition are both telling me this is the case.

To make things weirder, this isn't the only time this has occurred for me. I had an elderly cat of 17 years that we finally had to euthanize a little over a year ago. I had adopted a cat about a year before we laid her to rest, and now my intuition is telling me that one is also her incarnation. I keep mentally calling her by the other cat's name, and I know it isn't a coincidence.

It's truly bizarre to me. I've had pets reincarnate and come back to me - we have two cats that lived with us when I was a child that reincarnated and came to us again, and a third cat that was very attached to me also came back to my family for another incarnation.

The difference with those cats is that they didn't come back until their previous life was finished. I'm confused why Augie decided to have a second incarnation before she died, and why Stumps came back as both Chu and LenLen within a year of each other when I also have Augie's and Stumps' spirits bound to me. Stumps even spends time with me daily.

Is this a unique ability for cats? I've heard of humans having parallel incarnations, but don't they normally go live different lives from each other? What would be the purpose of having a parallel incarnation just to continue an overlapping set of lives with me?

Pronouns: they/them
Digital artist, nature-lover, cat and dog parent 💖

Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North

Re: Can cats have mulitple incarnations at the same time?

Post by Metheus North »

Hello!

Before I get started, my son's cat is named Len Len 🐈 😻

Back in ancient times, cats were almost worshipped. They were seen as metaphysical beings possessing great magick. Some believed that cats were gatekeepers to the realms.

Throughout history, cats were considered to be Familiars.

So, I would not be surprised at all that our kitty friends would return to us. There is a very strong bond between cats and humans. Some people believe that cats choose their owners. It's a bond not easily broken.

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 211
Spelled Number: 180
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

mochi.icecream wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:19 am
I think I'll just jump in and explain - I have a deceased kitten that used to be my pet bound to me. I've been more aware of his energy recently and I've learned something that took me by surprise: two of my younger cats I own are both his incarnations. I didn't expect it, and I don't know why he has two of his incarnations living with me simultaneously, but my divination and intuition are both telling me this is the case.

To make things weirder, this isn't the only time this has occurred for me. I had an elderly cat of 17 years that we finally had to euthanize a little over a year ago. I had adopted a cat about a year before we laid her to rest, and now my intuition is telling me that one is also her incarnation. I keep mentally calling her by the other cat's name, and I know it isn't a coincidence.

It's truly bizarre to me. I've had pets reincarnate and come back to me - we have two cats that lived with us when I was a child that reincarnated and came to us again, and a third cat that was very attached to me also came back to my family for another incarnation.

The difference with those cats is that they didn't come back until their previous life was finished. I'm confused why Augie decided to have a second incarnation before she died, and why Stumps came back as both Chu and LenLen within a year of each other when I also have Augie's and Stumps' spirits bound to me. Stumps even spends time with me daily.

Is this a unique ability for cats? I've heard of humans having parallel incarnations, but don't they normally go live different lives from each other? What would be the purpose of having a parallel incarnation just to continue an overlapping set of lives with me?
I can't second guess what your intuition is telling you but for me reincarnation falls into the realm of metaphysical philosophy and beliefs.

While The Way Things Are may well be only one 'true' thing, it seems to be extremely difficult to pin down exactly what It All is. Even our spirit companions hold different beliefs from each other.

My own belief system, ironically, involves not completely believing in anyone else's belief system and not completely believing in my own belief system either. I like Robert Anton Wilson's approach. One thing he used to say is he didn't have any beliefs but he had a lot of suspicions.

I do find the multiple reincarnations of a single being idea interesting. As far as I know, that's something subscribed to in Tibetan Buddhism but not in every form of spiritualist belief.

There just isn't a one-size-fits-all Grand Theory of Everything on reincarnation. There's a whole smorgasbord of partially-conflicting theories for us to pick and choose from.

But...if your cats *are* multiple reincarnations of one being...or if they're not...what practical difference would that make, really? They're still your pets or spirit companions.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte

Post by mochi.icecream »

Metheus North wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:55 am
Hello!

Before I get started, my son's cat is named Len Len 🐈 😻

Back in ancient times, cats were almost worshipped. They were seen as metaphysical beings possessing great magick. Some believed that cats were gatekeepers to the realms.

Throughout history, cats were considered to be Familiars.

So, I would not be surprised at all that our kitty friends would return to us. There is a very strong bond between cats and humans. Some people believe that cats choose their owners. It's a bond not easily broken.
There really is something special about cats. Like, I adore my dogs, but I just never get that same soul-deep satisfaction I get from their company the way I do with cats. It came up in my Akashic Records reading and cleansing a few days ago that I had a past life in Italy was a women who worked closely with other women to aid their general health and with maternity care (this was during a time when such people were accused of Witchcreft and executed). Apparently I worked very closely with cats. She said that (and some kind of connection to snakes) was important to tell me about lol I've also had two different readers tell me they think I'm a Lyran Starseed. Idk about Starseeds, but it's interesting to think about.

mochi.icecream
neophyte
neophyte

Post by mochi.icecream »

Lewk wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:22 am
mochi.icecream wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:19 am

I can't second guess what your intuition is telling you but for me reincarnation falls into the realm of metaphysical philosophy and beliefs.

While The Way Things Are may well be only one 'true' thing, it seems to be extremely difficult to pin down exactly what It All is. Even our spirit companions hold different beliefs from each other.

My own belief system, ironically, involves not completely believing in anyone else's belief system and not completely believing in my own belief system either. I like Robert Anton Wilson's approach. One thing he used to say is he didn't have any beliefs but he had a lot of suspicions.

I do find the multiple reincarnations of a single being idea interesting. As far as I know, that's something subscribed to in Tibetan Buddhism but not in every form of spiritualist belief.

There just isn't a one-size-fits-all Grand Theory of Everything on reincarnation. There's a whole smorgasbord of partially-conflicting theories for us to pick and choose from.

But...if your cats *are* multiple reincarnations of one being...or if they're not...what practical difference would that make, really? They're still your pets or spirit companions.
I really vibe with that. I have an endless curiosity that can never be sated because I'm always too skeptical to fully accept any answer lol

Return to “General Questions”