Can food affect your interactions with spirits?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

This is an interesting topic.

A friend of mine is doing a PhD in Parapsychology. His doctoral thesis is on the effect of diet on spiritual/psychic etc sensitivity or practice, which apparently hasn't been subject to any academic research at this level.

He's been interviewing various prominent psychics etc.

I'm looking forward to reading it when it's done to see what his findings are.

But I think it's fairly clear already that food affects mood, affects our body and our mind. And there are approaches to diet that aim to maximise food's beneficial spiritual effect.

As with most things metaphysical, there are varying approaches that come from different ways of understanding the world, as well as from different traditions.

The foremost thing is probably to achieve good health, as that seems to be a prerequisite for a healthy mind-body (and energy body) system. After that, I'm thinking we might as well follow what works for us, whether it's a system we've learnt or one we've developed for ourselves.

But again - as with many other things metaphysical - what works for one person may...or may well not...work for the next person.

I did the strict wholefood vegetarian thing - a forerunner of veganism - for a decade. I've done occasional brown rice fasting. I've done elemental balancing with food. I notice the effect of different foods and drinks on my system, energies and consciousness.

For what it's worth, I think it's a good thing to be aware of such things but ultimately we all need to maintain good nutrition. According to traditional accounts, around 1500 years ago, the Indian Buddhist patriarch Da Mo went to China to help boost the popularity of Buddhism there. He went to a Shaolin monastery, where he was reputedly shocked to see the monks wasting away and neglecting their bodies in favour of transcendent spiritual enlightenment. (By the way imho extreme fasting isn't a shortcut to enlightenment.)

So he went into a nearby cave and sat meditating for 9 years, during which time he developed the mystical spiritual system that strengthens the body, the modern version of which we know as Shaolin Kung Fu, or internal martial arts. He's also regarded as the founder of Chan / Zen Buddhism.

One thing I like about internal martial arts chi practices is they can be spiritually elevating, as well as the same time improving health and fitness. And I notice that, when my energy levels are good / high, my interaction with spirit companions are smoother / clearer / easier.

For me chi gathering and accumulation is much like White Arts energy gathering (as taught in the CH WA Guidance book). It says there that collected WA energy can be dedicated / used to connect with spirits. But if I were under the weather, health-wise, I'd need that WA energy (like I need chi energy) to boost and support my health first and foremost.

I hope that makes sense.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
AlejandroMEX
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 19
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Alexander
Zodiac:

SapphireEyes wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:56 pm I’ve been spirit keeping for almost 6 months now and in that time, I did a few rounds of Whole 30. Basically it’s just eating whole foods and no dairy, no grains, no legumes, no soy, no sugar or anything processed or with any additives for 30 days. I really enjoyed it and during those times I felt closer to my spirits. I felt like I had better meditation sessions and would see more manifestations from my keep.

Can processed foods or foods with sugar and additives block you? Can it create blockages in your chakras and then also block you from receiving messages more clearly from your spirits? Or is it just because I was more focused on taking care of myself that I was more open and aware to interactions with my keep?
If you eat whole pizza yourself and your blood pressure skyrockets then yeah I'm pretty sure it will affect communication and interaction

Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
Zodiac:

I get some really interesting cravings, lately. Such as right now, I would love to eat some onions. Plain, uncooked onions. I don't have any and I don't really like eating them raw.

Diet contributes towards many aspects of our lives. It affects physical, mental, and I truly believe spiritual as well.

If we pay attention to our spirit listing or our companions, we can get clues as to what kinds of foods they like.

Different races have different nutrition needs. I do know that there is a Sagan (?) Faery diet that is very strict. If you go off the diet, the Fary companion will not be very happy. Coffee is one of the food restrictions along with limited beef. I wouldn't do well with that because members of my keep enjoy those types of offerings. I have quite a few companions that enjoy a variety of foods.

Which brings me to being unsure about how foods can interrupt communicating with our spirits. I know it's a possibility but it really depends on the race.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Metheus North wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:58 am [...] I do know that there is a Sagan (?) Faery diet that is very strict. If you go off the diet, the Fary companion will not be very happy. Coffee is one of the food restrictions along with limited beef. I wouldn't do well with that because members of my keep enjoy those types of offerings. I have quite a few companions that enjoy a variety of foods. [...]
I have a Sagen Fairy.

CH support told me you don't absolutely have to stick to the diet you refer to.

I think the main thing is to be committed to looking after your health, via a healthy diet and relevant levels of exercise / activity.

When I got mine, I was referred by my doctor to a free healthy living course, created by my country's health service. I followed its scientifically researched guidance on diet and activity levels and successfully reversed the pre-diabetes diagnosis I'd been given. (That's actually pretty easy, if you follow the guidance given.)

In my case it's virtually no processed or red meats, lowish levels of other meat. Fish is okay, esp. oily fish (for Omega 3). It includes eggs but I've cut out sugar, vastly reduced intake of sweet foods, and aim to eat the right amount of vegetables and berry fruits. Due to cutting out sugar, I've also cut out dairy and caffeinated drinks. There's more to it, including levels of activity or exercise, but I'll stop there.

What I'm describing is actually the ideal diet for good health that modern research supports.

So I was committed to that but it's not the Sagen diet by any means.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Loviatar
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: my true self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

My focus isn't on spirit keeping (though I'm getting intrigued and not that doubtful I've had some encounters). But for meditative practice and creativeness I've found it makes a tremendous difference, especially if I feel blocked in some way. I do drink water and take some sea salt. But nothing else, no cigarettes, no coffee, no consuming of anything (books, tv, etc.). Only creating and centering myself with what feels appropriate, sometimes I'm drawn to swim, sometimes to the sauna, sometimes I feel the urge to purify a space, it depends.

I don't consume, but I do create, I try to "get familiar" with my tools (writing, music, any type of art, movement, anything that can be used to express), but not getting pulled towards a goal or a purpose or anything resembling a piece, letting it all simmer. At some point (2-3 days) I get a feeling of something, it doesn't really feel as if it my creation, more of as if I'm conveying or manifesting it. I just do what feels right and can get to this trance like state and don't really have a sense of it until I've ended my fast and rested. Sometimes there is something actual to "examine" and other times it has just been an experience, but it stays with me, if it's movement I can feel that it never leaves me completely.

Put like this it seems I plan this, but it's more like this restless feeling that I let "simmer" and I kind of slip to my fast and when I'm about to break it (habit, or hunger, or phone rings), I just get the feel that I need to ignore that and center instead and focus. I have had a hard time quitting or even cutting down my smoking, but it feels effortless when something like this has happened. There's something that I do to purify and after that I'm pulled forward it.

I feel fasting (and not just from food), definitely makes it easier to connect and feel that zest, chi, väki, whatever you want to call it and however or in whatever form it comes to you. I feel as if I need to "purify" to invite something that brings out of me something that I've been holding on but haven't been able to let go or flow through as it should. It gives me a sense of letting go of that blockage but I also feel as if there's a change in the essence of "myself" I feel.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

SapphireEyes wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:56 pm I’ve been spirit keeping for almost 6 months now and in that time, I did a few rounds of Whole 30. Basically it’s just eating whole foods and no dairy, no grains, no legumes, no soy, no sugar or anything processed or with any additives for 30 days. I really enjoyed it and during those times I felt closer to my spirits. I felt like I had better meditation sessions and would see more manifestations from my keep.

Can processed foods or foods with sugar and additives block you? Can it create blockages in your chakras and then also block you from receiving messages more clearly from your spirits? Or is it just because I was more focused on taking care of myself that I was more open and aware to interactions with my keep?
I can confirm that eating processed food or foods with sugar or additives doesn't have a negative impact on your spiritual connections. This is because my job requires physical activity, so I eat whatever is available when I have a little free time. This means that about 60% of the time, I end up eating processed foods.

I don't follow a specific diet, but I do walk a lot, which helps me burn calories. In addition, I have a large appetite and my portion sizes are much bigger than someone twice my size, just to put it into perspective. I love food, so I tend to order large sizes of it.

Fortunately, my job also serves as my workout, so I am able to stay fit. I believe this approach is beneficial for someone who may not have an ideal BMI, as it helps you feel lighter and therefore more connected. If someone is in good health, their connection with their spirits becomes clearer regarding their dietary choices.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

0x. Due to a condition I was born with, I have to follow a gluten and corn free diet, other wise I experience very bad ticking and (for lack of better description) "stimming-like" behaviours. I also experience what feels kind of like time speeding up too quickly, or like I'm being swarmed by a hive of bees (minus the actual bees). In this state it feels like everything and everyone around me has popped an entire bottle of Ritalin, while I've been doped up on tranquillisers, but not as extreme.
The only positive part about this is that cross contamination isn't an issue, but if I accidentally eat a piece of whole wheat bread, or anything with white vinegar, ascorbic acid, erythritol, or the more obvious corn-based ingredients (HFCS, corn syrup, corn starch in large quanitities) I'm screwed.

Because of this, as well as my financial situation, 90% of food offerings for my Spirit Family are foods that I also can eat. Mostly I share my meals with Them, which I really enjoy doing because it's a bonding opportunity, but once in a blood red moon (so to speak), I'll buy Them something They'd like that I can't eat with Them.
One of my "Spookies" loves blueberries, and blueberry foods. I had extra money, and We just happened to stumble across a blueberry flavoured snack cake, which He asked for, so I bought it for Him.

Deep breathing helps, listening to musikk helps, going on the swing set helps too, but what works best for me is smoking marijuana (which in my state, is legal).

As for communicating with my Spirit Family; I feel Them around me, I feel Their concern for what I'm going through, and some of Them I can "hear" right before an episode happens. I can't hear Them during an episode, but I get mental images of Them watching me to make sure I'm okej.

Otherwise I stay away from gluten and corn, and I also make an effort to drink a gallon of water everyday.

Generally when I eat well, I feel fine, and communicating with my Spirit Family is easy. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Dude....... Does CH had a food or diet reading? I dunno how else I could test what to eat and not eat. I know eating affects me ALOT. I went vegan for 6 months and i had an out of this world experience but i went back to meat and i had beer again. I really need to look at my diet and not just diet but vitamins. I never use to get headaches my entire life until now i started taking a one a day vitamin headaches are gone. now if i feel one starting its like my body is warning me. i either forgot it or i need to double up. my water intake has increased ALOT. diet is tough though. money and time wise. but it sounds well worth it. hmm. CH should do food readings lol if they dont have one *goes and looks* - like their DNA reading.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..

Return to “General Questions”