Karma what is it any way .im confused by it ,,,,POLL

in extreme case such as this is IT justified to use magick ?

yes
38%
no
16%
cant because of karma
9%
turn the other cheek
6%
other
9%
use demons ,BA , i want justice
22%

Total votes: 32

3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: ALL
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: no name

Karma what is it any way .im confused by it ,,,,POLL

Postby 3graveyardvultures » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:58 am

Karma what is it any way .im confused by it ..
::wave::
Hi guys this is my issues with karma and why I don’t agree or maybe not understand the workings of karma , but Im open for any enlightens or understanding about it because perhaps im missing something.

This is why I don’t believe in it. And this is only an example—

say there is a young child and this child was molested , was this done to this child because the child had bad karma ?? I just cant buy that ,or say well that must of happen because they child had bad karma.
My feelings on this is well the person who did this is a a very bad person and must be punished at all cost , I just cant believe that it would cause someone to have bad karma because they chose to bring justice to the true wrong that was done to a child even its through workings of magick .

Im just trying to understand ,I guess I believe in treat me the way you want to be treated ..
Im just trying to figure all this out and find the path that is best for me .

and Im not talking about petty fights , or he said she said STUFF- Im talking about real harm done to someone.

We must let go of the life we have planned,
so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.
Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Re: Karma what is it any way .im confused by it ,,,,POLL

Postby Killa » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:23 am

Karma doesn't have to directly affect you but even the people around you, closest to you which makes it seem VERY unjust. It's a long story but me and my gf are going through tough trouble with evil spirits being sent our way and causing trouble in our lives and the people close to us. Spiritual Warfare.

I don't see the harm in using magick as Karma's blade whether its for protection or revenge. But the lady so bent on trying to ruin peoples lives, is actually being traumatized by her mother and her son going extremely ill.. That's right, im not going to get into detail on how exactly we know whats going on with her, there's too much to type. But all the negative energy she sends to people backfires to her 10 fold. Not to her BUT the people CLOSEST to her. So I have a theory of how the other worlds influence human lives in this plane.

So i dont think black magick is ever the way no matter the reason. Bad things will happen to the good people closest to you even if they never wronged anybody.

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Animals-Tigers atm
If I could be anything, I would be...: Greek Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Bright One

Postby Bella » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:25 am

The original meaning of the word karma is "learning for the soul".
Each soul comes to Earth to learn their lessons in different ways. 2cents
It has nothing to do with whether or not someone did or didn't do something to someone else in a past life.
It's whether or not their soul chose to take on a certain lesson in this life that affects the person's current situation, either in a negative or positive light, depending on their perspective.

Truly evil people never really learn or grow from what they do wrong, so as far as wanting punishment, in hopes of a different reaction, you probably won't get one.
Those that enjoy bringing torture to others usually don't have any remorse over it because they lack the morals & conscience to begin with.

Would I want justice to be served in that situation? Yes, I would!
But why waste magickal energy on an evil person? I wouldn't want any type of "link" to someone like that.

Brightest Blessings!

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Animals-Tigers atm
If I could be anything, I would be...: Greek Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Bright One

Postby Bella » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:01 am

What good would it do you to continually invest your energy in/with something/someone negative?
Where is the gain in allowing the other person that kind of power over you, especially when they feed on that kind of wrathful energy?
To determine what is justice vs. what is revenge, in any situation ask yourself: Would it be fair or would it make me feel better temporarily?

Brightest Blessings!

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Postby Inedible » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:43 am

If you are really just asking about karma in general, it just means that in every given moment the choices you make will influence your future. It isn't about anyone else.

Chai
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Super speed

Postby Chai » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 am

A song put it simply what goes around comes around. I think Justin Timberlake sang that song. Now that goes for both good deeds and bad deeds. So if you do good, you will be blessed - good karma. If you do bad, you will have bad luck-bad karma. Now, spells and spirits for justice or even revenge will just speed up the bad karma. Eventually, the people who are doing bad things will get what they deserve but it takes long. It happened to me personally. Elementary school my God I was like so innocent never knew what competition was about. The parents of my rival in school really wanted all the medals but because it was not just their kid who was intellegent, skilled and talented, it went to some of us. So they have been saying bad words to us who got the other medals. You know what happened? The whole family was a wreck after say5 years. And that family is in hiding due to a criminal record of their kid - fast forward after 10 years. Note: Me and my family and the rest of the family who have been considered by that family as enemy did not do anything to them. What I only did was cry and cry and still do services to the church and pray they be blessed.

So the bad karma took that long...I believe even good karma takes that long too sometimes.

3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Postby 3graveyardvultures » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Thank you everyone for your input.
so with Karma it is what goes around comes around so eventually the bad person does pay –
but the one who feels there performing the justice for what they believe is right needs to be ready for what bad Karma may come there way as a result.. basically there is a circle of negative energies around everyone involved .
So you have to basically have to stop the cycle of negative energies —for everyone to heal and move on
So what is the best way to do that ???

Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image

Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 63
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Merlyn Arsenic

Postby Order » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Karma is action in my opinion; that being said I don't believe in it. If you want something done you need to do it yourself.

Merlyn Arsenic,

“Abundance of knowledge does not teach men to be wise.”
― Heraclitus
Dominus Illuminatio Mea
אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה

3graveyardvultures
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Postby 3graveyardvultures » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Chaos wrote:Karma is action in my opinion; that being said I don't believe in it. If you want something done you need to do it yourself.

This is kind of how I feel , It seems like in about every example of my life with the wait and see , or depending on others or fate, Karma will take care of it -its always a fail -
I feel like when I make the decision to be proactive about the situations , It’s the result that is deserving —even if the outcome is what I wanted or not -
Now I realize as well there is acceptance of some things - that its up to the divine makeup of the universe- If its not meant to happen it will not – If it truly is, IT Will.

Joseph Campbell

Image*Image*
Image*Image*Image

WhimsicalSage
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby WhimsicalSage » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Different people may have different notions of what they believe Karma to be. Not everyone may believe karma is the reward or punishment for good or bad deeds.

However my main problem with the most common interpretation of karma is people can let it rule them.
It is the exact same notion as Heaven and Hell.
To me, there is no difference between saying "Karma is going to catch up with you for that" and "you're going to hell for your sins"

I don't like it when people use it as a threat either, which is it what it feels like really, more than justice.

I believe in staying true to ones self. I think that if somone really wants to take revenge (non irrational) they should do it.
If people start thinking "well, i can't do that because karma will punish me, if i take revenge", that sounds like fear and control to me and kind of limiting.

It depends on how extreme the "revenge" might be, but i think in most cases people will try to do the right thing and not something stupid, when it comes to revenge, as long as it's not a knee jerk reaction.

If someone were to make a mistake, they can learn from it anyway, which is the important thing really.
Is it safe to assume that everyone has done something bad, stupid or selfish at some point in their life? Should we all be punished for that.

Return to “General Questions”