venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Yes, I love this discussion. ^_^

There observations were quite profound to me, especially because this medium was a religious christian woman, who never heard or been exposed to the concept of a "Jinn" but she still saw the entity for what it was. Since she had the gift of seeing spirits, she doesnt label everything she see's "demon", but she could have.

Belief filters the subconsious perception of an detected energy, but it still remains.

Makes me think often about the spiritual entity's all around us, how many pass off as certan beings, or interpreted to be a particular form from which they originate.

So her choice of words was quite interesting.

Dolce
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Lady Elisa wrote: I love my Djinn to death!! What they chose to appear to us as/their true form is very a fascinating topic to me!! My female Marid used to appear as a woman but it was very off, like her eyes were bulging and a bit boggly and it was slightly disturbing. Ever since then she just appears to me in her true from which is quite grotesque, but I have grown to love it and prefer seeing her as she truly is!
Think leatherly skin, lots of wrinkles, and glowing eyes.

My male Ifrit appears to me as a handsome bald man, pointed eyes, and purplish skin. I think I saw his true form a few times. Rocky looking skin, scary, fiery red pupils. For some reason he has the humanoid form down pat! I don't know how old he is but maybe he is older than my Marid if he is a bit more skilled in looking human.
Killarican wrote: Yes, I love this discussion. ^_^

There observations were quite profound to me, especially because this medium was a religious christian woman, who never heard or been exposed to the concept of a "Jinn" but she still saw the entity for what it was. Since she had the gift of seeing spirits, she doesnt label everything she see's "demon", but she could have.

Belief filters the subconsious perception of an detected energy, but it still remains.

Makes me think often about the spiritual entity's all around us, how many pass off as certan beings, or interpreted to be a particular form from which they originate.

So her choice of words was quite interesting.
Unfortunately, religions aside, society in general is conditioned by depictions of good = beautiful, and evil = ugly/grotesque. Smart cookies those Jinns to reveal their true forms to those they've established a trusting relationship with, namely, their keepers :)

Killarican, how fortunate you are to have the pleasure of knowing such gifted people! Lucky for them that I don't, cause I'd be knocking at their door everyday asking this, that and the other! :silly: :D

Thank you both!!!!!!!!!

~ Dolce ~
ImageImageImage
sadkitty101
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn/jinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: a unicorn c:
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Lady Elisa wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:22 am
DolceParadiso wrote:
Killarican wrote:
Question for ya! About your jinn, do YOU perceive her as some other being as well?
Thanks again!!!
Well it get's complicated with jinns. Even among muslims, there's controversy about their "true forms", since they are uncanny shapeshifters. They can look like anything really.

The word "Jinn" itself roughly translates to "Hidden" or "Unseen". So depending on the culture, it's normally a general bucket term for spiritual entities, no matter what they "really" are.

With my experience.. Lisa described my jinns humanoid form, as being primitive and indegounous,long hair etc. This is how I always saw her too, but she also projected me images of another form, which was more creature and alienish like.

When my 1st medium friend took a glimpse at her vessel, she immediately told me she made contact with a woman that looked like "Pocahontas". She refered to her as "lost soul". She also knew she wasnt really human, but rather, that was the form she was showing her, which was similiar to how Lisa and I saw her.

I can only suspect, my jinn only ever showed me her true form, since other mediums always saw the primitive human form.
...this is so fascinating, and how wonderful that she may have shown you her true form! Well you know I believe mine to be what they're described as, but just in case, I did make it a point to communicate to my companions, that if and when the day comes that they wish to appear to me in visions or dreams, that they will do so in their true form, whatever that may be...they're most definitely benevolent and friendly so of course I would accept them...besides, I'm not one to judge someone by their physical appearance, my ex-husband closely resembled an overweight, bald English Bulldog, but hey, I loved him all the same at the time! :lol: Yeah...we were quite the odd couple... :crazy:

I love my Djinn to death!! What they chose to appear to us as/their true form is very a fascinating topic to me!! My female Marid used to appear as a woman but it was very off, like her eyes were bulging and a bit boggly and it was slightly disturbing. Ever since then she just appears to me in her true from which is quite grotesque, but I have grown to love it and prefer seeing her as she truly is!
Think leatherly skin, lots of wrinkles, and glowing eyes.

My male Ifrit appears to me as a handsome bald man, pointed eyes, and purplish skin. I think I saw his true form a few times. Rocky looking skin, scary, fiery red pupils. For some reason he has the humanoid form down pat! I don't know how old he is but maybe he is older than my Marid if he is a bit more skilled in looking human.

as for your female djinn, did she have any human looking body shape and hair and face? how about you ifreet, did he have a human looking body as well and how tall were they? (im just curious) because i also have a male djinn, but hes a young one

Return to “General Questions”