neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Something Fuzzy...
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Personal

Muse wrote:
Regholdain wrote:This may seem a random comment, but your psychic ability does not necessarily need to dictate your path. It may support or augment your path, depending, but being empathic does not mean you have to use that as a go by for a metaphysical path.

All it means is you may have some empathic ability.

What in the actual... I am without comment on this gif. And yeah I pronounce it jif... ps... took me forever to figure out you name changed.

Back on topic...to me it pretty much screams empath. But all the claircog and clairsentience and empathy... just seems like varying degrees or levels of the same root base. Most of your... symptoms... for lack of a better word, were pretty much spot on with what I went through. To the point to where I could pick up on residual emotions that were stuck to spots if the emotions were strong enough.

But no one ever stops to suggest that you might just be ridiculously intelligent. We as humans dont give ourselves enough credit when it comes to things like reading body language or verbal cues. Most of us do this subconsciously and then when we happen to be right it seems like magic. If I had to choose between being a really talented practitioner or a really intelligent person, I'd probably go for intelligence.

Ultimately, gauging from what you say, it seems like you're a smidge of pretty much all of these, intelligent being included. And the first useful technique I learned about dealing with my emotions was to question them, to see if they were even mine at all. Most times they weren't.

And also, ferro, I was expecting a long read. It was quote painless to read through. Kudos

Do nothing that is of no use.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of the Five Rings-

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Beware the noobsauce (take with salt)
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote:What in the actual... I am without comment on this gif. And yeah I pronounce it jif... ps... took me forever to figure out you name changed.
Did we speak before I name changed?
Actually wait, better question would be if it matters...? I enjoyed the shorter name more, and felt it was necessary to change it given the change in my stances, opinions, experiences, etc.

Sorry if you felt deceived but in my defense, my memory is lame, so I have absolutely no idea who you are or if we've spoken before. :P
InfernalNachos wrote: But no one ever stops to suggest that you might just be ridiculously intelligent. We as humans dont give ourselves enough credit when it comes to things like reading body language or verbal cues. Most of us do this subconsciously and then when we happen to be right it seems like magic. If I had to choose between being a really talented practitioner or a really intelligent person, I'd probably go for intelligence.
I actually like this theory a lot, given that I prefer when things are put into a much more logical state versus spiritual (blasphemy I know). I'd argue this point alongside you for the sake of realism. Not that psychics aren't real but......eh. You know what I mean.

"Do what you can, when you can, and avoid the unnecessary."
- Muse
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Winged Unicorn
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote: But no one ever stops to suggest that you might just be ridiculously intelligent. We as humans dont give ourselves enough credit when it comes to things like reading body language or verbal cues. Most of us do this subconsciously and then when we happen to be right it seems like magic. If I had to choose between being a really talented practitioner or a really intelligent person, I'd probably go for intelligence.
Well, I don't think this is just about inteligence- For example my flatmate is far more inteligent then I am (Measured on IQ scale) and his memory is phenomenal. He remembers the line-ups of all major czech league football and hockey teams, the lineups of all the teams in his football manager game, he knows every wrestler from WWE, AEW etc... I'm on the other hand the one, who frequently forgets where he parked his car in the morning. x*D
But when it comes to human emotions, he doesn't know a s*it. He can't even say the bartender is angry with us, because it's well past closing time. I on the other hand somehow feel the same bartender is not just angry with us, but also has some kind of troubles in her love life without her even mentioning it... \:*

But he was actually the one who first came with the idea of me being an empath. Because he has no idea how I know other's emotions so well...

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ferro wrote:Well, I don't think this is just about inteligence- For example my flatmate is far more inteligent then I am (Measured on IQ scale) and his memory is phenomenal. He remembers the line-ups of all major czech league football and hockey teams, the lineups of all the teams in his football manager game, he knows every wrestler from WWE, AEW etc... I'm on the other hand the one, who frequently forgets where he parked his car in the morning. x*D
But when it comes to human emotions, he doesn't know a s*it. He can't even say the bartender is angry with us, because it's well past closing time. I on the other hand somehow feel the same bartender is not just angry with us, but also has some kind of troubles in her love life without her even mentioning it... \:*

But he was actually the one who first came with the idea of me being an empath. Because he has no idea how I know other's emotions so well...
Intelligence is measured by far more than IQ and memory capability. There is such a thing as Emotional Intelligence. You'd be surprised how so few have high amounts of it. Most cannot understand complex emotional signs and signals, and thus, would not be considered "Emotionally intelligent" even if they had a high score in other fields, such as mathematical or systemical capabilities. This video explains more about some of the different types of intelligence.

- Muse
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Woohoo... agreed. On all points.

Further elaborating. Good memory = intelligence. Fallacy. Knowledge is useless if you dont know how to apply it. And he may mean empath in the psychological sense. Empathy is one of the base human behaviors that allow us to connect with one another on an emotional level. And forgive me if I'm repeating that.

Also not taking away from the meta, to have some sort of intelligence or wisdom or understanding... I like understanding. It fits better. To have an understanding of basic human emotions and posturing compounded with the slightest hint of any of your meta classifications can make for a powerful combo.

And muse, I'm almost positive that you were Ishvala at one point
I could be horribly wrong.
I dont feel cheated or wronged, I'm usually just a lot quicker than that.
If you're not, I sincerely apologize. And as far as being forgotten, I blend in to most places incredibly well. And oddly have a face that everyone recognizes.

Back on topic, because I love the sound of my own voice, I speak in my mind as I type, Ferro, people usually tell you that you're very easy to talk to right? Especially complete strangers?

Why waste magick on something you could easily achieve through time, effort and dedication?

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote:Also not taking away from the meta, to have some sort of intelligence or wisdom or understanding... I like understanding. It fits better. To have an understanding of basic human emotions and posturing compounded with the slightest hint of any of your meta classifications can make for a powerful combo.
Absolutely agreed on that front.
InfernalNachos wrote: And muse, I'm almost positive that you were Ishvala at one point
I could be horribly wrong.
I dont feel cheated or wronged, I'm usually just a lot quicker than that.
If you're not, I sincerely apologize. And as far as being forgotten, I blend in to most places incredibly well. And oddly have a face that everyone recognizes.
The amount of names I have online is more than twenty, but yes, I have been Ishvala at one point. Still go by that name on one or two forums where it suits me (it was initially a specific community based name and not a Witchy one). Again, I changed it due to wanting to represent a change in myself, and the separation of one community from another, so on and so forth. As for you being forgettable? Nah.

To put this in a way that fits into the topic...I have very little emotional intelligence. I don't pay attention to most people passed basic deduction and problem solving, especially online. I care, sure, but...well, I tend to save my limited array of empathetic tendencies for those that I spend more than a post or two on (probably the biggest factor as to why I'm Claircognizant instead of Clairsentient or an Empath). This is nothing against anyone in particular...I'm just more animalistic I suppose. I put value in the simple things, especially since at any moment people who don't have any reason to value you will rip the complexities of your heart to bittersweet shreds.

Amanda Palmer said it best I believe...
I have this village theory that people are only supposed to have a couple hundred people in their lives, maximum...and that it's not necessarily healthy to know fifty thousand people; and try and keep track of them, and their pain, and their stories, and their sister's stories, and their sister's stories and pain and everyone starving in every country where people don't have enough food...and taking that on every morning. That's pretty new phenomenon. You didn't use to have to deal with the pain of every other village in your [bleeping] area. You dealt with, well, whatever was going on at home. You know, the people that you knew; their stories, that deal...and now it's like everybody everywhere, constantly aware of and plugged into so much information I think our brains are just so taxed.
- Amanda Palmer
Anyway, I guess my typing is recognizable or my personality is memorable...that or you just went through my post history lol. I'll choose to believe that I'm awesome for the sake of boosting my own confidence. :P
InfernalNachos wrote: Back on topic, because I love the sound of my own voice, I speak in my mind as I type, Ferro, people usually tell you that you're very easy to talk to right? Especially complete strangers?
Yes quite. I'm also interested in getting to the bottom of this psychological meta-mystery! :D

- Muse
Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

InfernalNachos wrote:Back on topic, because I love the sound of my own voice, I speak in my mind as I type, Ferro, people usually tell you that you're very easy to talk to right? Especially complete strangers?
Well, yes. But they don't approach me just for a nice chat. They have some kind of a problem 99% of the time and they expect me to help them somehow. I mean- I sit in a pub with my friends talking about football and all of a sudden a girl appears out of nowhere and starts telling me how her ex was cheating on her and she can't trust any guy at the moment. Or a random guy pops up telling me how he lost his job and can't find a new one. There is 6 of us around the table and they always choose me.
But none of them really looks for a sollution (I told the guy our company is short on workforce and offered him to try it, he just refused stating he couldn't do the job). I feel they only want comforting and someone who will listen to them. And I actually do, because I don't have a heart to send someone, who appears to be at the brink of his/her tears, away...
Or at my job- When I meet the client (I only drive most of the time meeting nobody), there seem to be a great chance he/she will start telling me things about their private life.

"Your frustration is well understood, but one must be patient for all things good." - Zecora
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ferro wrote:Well, yes. But they don't approach me just for a nice chat. They have some kind of a problem 99% of the time and they expect me to help them somehow. I mean- I sit in a pub with my friends talking about football and all of a sudden a girl appears out of nowhere and starts telling me how her ex was cheating on her and she can't trust any guy at the moment. Or a random guy pops up telling me how he lost his job and can't find a new one. There is 6 of us around the table and they always choose me.
But none of them really looks for a sollution (I told the guy our company is short on workforce and offered him to try it, he just refused stating he couldn't do the job). I feel they only want comforting and someone who will listen to them. And I actually do, because I don't have a heart to send someone, who appears to be at the brink of his/her tears, away...
Or at my job- When I meet the client (I only drive most of the time meeting nobody), there seem to be a great chance he/she will start telling me things about their private life.
Do you present yourself a certain way to people body language wise? Perhaps you're just open and friendly. In settings like pubs (where people drink and are more likely to be emotional) or the work place (where people are stressed and/or bored) it's not a surprise for someone to approach you to talk. Especially if you don't look like you want to punch someone ever five seconds. It's a curse for any friendly individuals.

- Muse
InfernalNachos
neophyte
neophyte

Skipping quotes.

Muse. Writing style and overall personality were similar, however the cementing of it was when I went to check the blogs to see if you had added an entry. There were several from muse, concerning the old shop and info (still reading through these, btw) and all factors fell into place.

Ferro. They approach you for the approachability aspect. However, there is a large majority of people that are far more willing to open up to a complete stranger. This is incredibly common. The stranger they open up to is often based on several factors. But that is a really long conversation for another day.

And I believe the discussion here is both interesting and valid. And between the 3 of us, we are likely to come up with an incredibly accurate hypothesis at the very least. However it would be phenomenal to get some extreme skeptics and hardcore believers in on this. We all seem to be middle of the roading it. I need an extreme POV.

Ferro
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Muse wrote:Do you present yourself a certain way to people body language wise? Perhaps you're just open and friendly. In settings like pubs (where people drink and are more likely to be emotional) or the work place (where people are stressed and/or bored) it's not a surprise for someone to approach you to talk. Especially if you don't look like you want to punch someone ever five seconds. It's a curse for any friendly individuals.
Well, I have no idea how others perceive me. But even with my friends, I'm more on the quiet side of our group and I'm usually very shy and nervous when I have to meet someone new. I mean people usually don't even "see" me, when they are happy and enjoying themselves. But if they are hurt emotionally, it's sometimes like I was the only person in the room. They even tend to share their secrets with me (even the "big ones") just after a brief conversation. There was this one time, when two girls (One was dumped earlier that week, the other was facing a terrible divorce) started to fight for me out of pure jealousy. And I haven't seen either of them before, or after that...
Funny thing- According to CH reading, I was a weeping willow in one of my past lives x*D

But the problem is, that I need the company of others, especially my friends. But when I'm with other people, it usually gets me tired and drained pretty quickly. (Emotionaly and energy-wise)

Return to “General Questions”