Any DA spirits you would recommend for a newbie?

Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I haven't connected well with most of my vampire spirits, and my psy vampire is a hard nails jerk, no offense to him. So for me they haven't turned out the best choice. My Scottish Sanguine Vampire is cautious with me and a bit barred in her actions, but she tries more than the others have.

For a beginner, I'd actually say it really depends how you feel. I would go through the Encyclopedia entries under dark arts and read about each of them, then vampires and gargoyles. See what feels comfortable and like a good fit, because honestly that's what counts more than other Keeper opinions.

My first DA spirit was a succubus, because that's what I wanted. My second was an Oceanid and third was a Gorgon. The Oceanid is super shy and calm. The Gorgon is intimidating. The succubus is a wonderful lover and friend, energy worker and healer. But these are very specific experiences.

Actually, I highly recommend Sterling Angels. They are like angels with a rock and roll party streak. Mine loves to be fun and have a good time and is not very dark at all. She likes to do anything that might be fun.

I think you might also enjoy a Sylvi Hybrid. Mine is very much about helping me with life goals and while she's a bit pushy she has my highest success in mind.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Wonderful Advise Reg!

:3
Pooh_Bear
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Thank you for the advice!
Currently, I think I'm not ready for spirits and I won't be for a while since I have school to focus on but when I go look into spirits... I'll definitely use the advice.

Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Take your time & when you are ready you will know!

:3
RyanJZ
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don’t know yet

I’ll share my experience. My first spirit was a sanguine vampire, then a living succubus queen. Many people report a “transition period” with dark arts spirits where they adjust to the darker energies. Symptoms generally include headaches, irritability, depression or mood swings. It depends on how dark you yourself are. I am mixed myself. I have very light aspects but that’s offset by my incredibly dark sense of humor. When my sanguine vampire spirit was bound, I had a headache for a few hours, and when my succubus queen’s vessel arrived, I was irritable and hostile for a week or so.

Write up some good house rules. There are multiple threads on this, but to save some work on your part and to get you started ASAP, here’s some things to address in your house rules.

1: manifestions; to who and any unwelcome manners of manifestation.
2: don’t lie
3: don’t impersonate other people/entities.
4: don’t take revenge on others unless instructed
5: get along with other benevolent spirits/entities/people in my house
6: provide protection/disarm malicious spells.
7: Block malevolent entities.

And to clarify, (and this is important with some spirits or entities, like my succubus queen) house rules are NOT commands!
When my two came to my house, I explained what my rules were and why I have them. I also added that I want them to respect them as I would respect their rules if I visit their houses.
Good luck! This can be an extremely rewarding path for those who dedicate themselves to it!

Pooh_Bear
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Thank you so much for listing out some rules!
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I haven't been on this website that much.

RyanJZ
new here
new here

Don’t worry about response time. We’re all trying to get by with Coronavirus right now. And one other thing about house rules, and this depends on how reasonable or honorable your DA spirits are. Some will try to test you and your rules. Most won’t, and mine haven’t. But a few do. If that happens try to talk it out before resorting to the methods to subdue them from the encyclopedia. And lastly, I do have exceptions built into my rules for very specific circumstances, but I also don’t have any dishonorable spirits with me.

Míng
new here
new here

RyanJZ wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:26 am I’ll share my experience. My first spirit was a sanguine vampire, then a living succubus queen. Many people report a “transition period” with dark arts spirits where they adjust to the darker energies. Symptoms generally include headaches, irritability, depression or mood swings. It depends on how dark you yourself are. I am mixed myself. I have very light aspects but that’s offset by my incredibly dark sense of humor. When my sanguine vampire spirit was bound, I had a headache for a few hours, and when my succubus queen’s vessel arrived, I was irritable and hostile for a week or so.

Write up some good house rules. There are multiple threads on this, but to save some work on your part and to get you started ASAP, here’s some things to address in your house rules.

1: manifestions; to who and any unwelcome manners of manifestation.
2: don’t lie
3: don’t impersonate other people/entities.
4: don’t take revenge on others unless instructed
5: get along with other benevolent spirits/entities/people in my house
6: provide protection/disarm malicious spells.
7: Block malevolent entities.

And to clarify, (and this is important with some spirits or entities, like my succubus queen) house rules are NOT commands!
When my two came to my house, I explained what my rules were and why I have them. I also added that I want them to respect them as I would respect their rules if I visit their houses.
Good luck! This can be an extremely rewarding path for those who dedicate themselves to it!
Interested in living entities. Where did you get your living succubus queen? Thanks!

*Logic brings one from A to B, imagination takes you everywhere*
RyanJZ
new here
new here

Lilith’s Treasure Tavern- she’s very nice! Also she lives in Latvia so the time zone difference can slow communication sometimes

SeaWitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: a mermaid
Zodiac:

Can't go wrong with hellhounds uwu

Return to “General Questions”