How do you bond with spirits if you're not a social person?

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal
Zodiac:

When it comes to people, I'm not a huge fan of talking or having to interact with them.
With the spirits I have however, I kind of try to do stuff with them but I don't have full blown conversations with them.

I just show them 'cool' stuff,give them offerings,have one of their vessels out at a time while I do other things,bring them to work, task them with small insignificant things so they wouldn't get bored and other small stuff that I can't really describe but definitely not enough interaction compared to most people's relationships.

I still do stuff with them everyday I just have one of their vessels out at a time while I do it so I wouldn't alienate the others or 'have favorites'.

The thing that really doesn't help with my relationship with them at all was when I started spirit keeping, I was going through a few issues and I hoped that the spirits would try to help me through said issues. Obviously it didn't work.
(If you're here from my ''tasked familiar to guard food from food thief'' post, it has nothing to do with my family whatsoever.)

Anyway, does anyone have tips on how to bond with them if you're aren't that social with people?

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I am one of those people whose mood constantly fluctuates between social and i-don't-want-to-talk. So when I'm in the latter I usually do my own stuff, and they can come watch or be a silent participator if they like. If I don't feel social but still want to interact, I'd shuffle music with them, do some asmr (just tapping on crystals, meditation, watch videos, humming songs, etc) or my favourite, just stare up at the ceiling and daydream :p

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

How do you bond with living friends/family if you're not into social interaction? Apply the same here. If they were custom matched to you then I'm sure they already understood going in that you aren't a conversationalist.

Why did you get into keeping spirits around you? Why did you enter into these relationships? What did you hope to gain? Answer that for yourself, and that will tell you how you might better engage them.
Just spending time in their presence is quite doable as a bonding tool. You need to actually make an effort to engage them and be near them if you want to see the best results however, as with all companionship. You need to interact with them in order to learn about them, so that you can then take what you have learned and apply it to bonding with them.

If you learn about things they enjoy then you can engage in those things and that can be a way of connecting to them.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
JenNeutral
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any, really.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Jen
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: N/A

I’m also not a social person. But I guess bonding with your spirits is like hanging out with your friends in a way (for me, anyways). I usually just invite them to join me in my activities (like drawing, doing homework, etc.). Heck, I even share food with them. Pretty much, I just do my own things and I just invite them to hang out with me. I talk to them out loud as well.

But since I got a pendulum from the mail two days ago, I'm learning to use it to learn more about my companions. Also, the offering is good too.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” - A.A. Milne

”If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it.” - Anonymous

"Don't be too sensitive so that you can't take a harsh word from anyone." - Harika budi
Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

This reminds me of a book I read about a hunter and an Indian, who never talked or saw each other but communicated in so many ways, they even helped each other. Don't know if that helps, but in short, being social isn't always a foundation to bound. In this case it was more of just being aware of each other.

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
Red6joker
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: GA,DA, some WA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal/incubus
My magical/paranormal name...: Neso

Usually just calling out their name and speaking with them for a little bite. Also asking to feel their energies.

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

Imo I think there is a level of sociability you do need to make when it comes to spirit work, whether verbal or nonverbal. However I do believe they still participate in your life even if you don't 'interact' with them. Most of the time I am more busy focusing on my life rather than spirit communication but I have found they still are participating even if I'm not talking to them. It kind of feels like you benefit more from a 'low-maintenance' way of communication... so... maybe you should consider sticking to spirits or beings that are okay with not being too sociable?

I found a post you might like: https://spiritconnect.tumblr.com/post/6 ... kers-their

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

Return to “General Questions”