new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not Human
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

1. What is True Love and What it means to you?
2. Emotions: How/what do you feel? (Both in and out)
3. Joy or Burden.

I’m asking because I feel this is one of my life lessons. I believe it’s my 1st one to learn before moving on. So far I know what’s not true love, mainly my Past. Past that continue to haunt. Due to counseling insurance problem not seeing counselor. (Someone’s mistake in building, in which before was able to no problem) I’ll edit later if want ask more. Many thanks in advance.

bba
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 2

True love is a love that dont ask you to love it in return

RyanJZ
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don’t know yet

In my experience, it’s something you have to learn for yourself. If you let someone else tell you what true love is, regardless of how close to the truth they are, you’ll be chasing that standard for the rest of your life instead of what is best for you. But I will say that true love is usually more difficult than most people imagine. But that’s what makes it worth it.

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

Ryan is right, only you can know what it real meaning is.
Also, I think that it is one thing and many thing at the same time; In general for me, True Love is something selfless where you are capable of letting go of the person for they happiness: the notion of self sacrifice but also a love that don't ask for love in return.

Shaddowpumpkin
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: No name
If I could be anything, I would be...: No name
My magical/paranormal name...: Cerium sky dragon consoul
Zodiac:

Hmmm.... Just because I never met them or know about them in any way, doesn't mean I can't love them anyway.

Not saying I have or haven't. It's just my general go to. Sometimes is just nice to love.

0x. It takes a story to describe a word, and words to tell the story.
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion

True love, to me, is the way my spouse treats me. They are always invested in what is best for me; they would go to the ends of the Earth to make sure that I have what I need. Someone who truly loves you will not abuse you or abandon you; they will always be there for you when you need them.

It makes me feel very special and wanted. It also makes me want to reciprocate; I treat my spouse well because I can't imagine life without them, and the idea of them being hurt is the worst thing in the world to me. It's this wonderful feeling inside of you, kind of like being on a ride at the fair; it's exciting and freeing and magical and a little bit scary.

I don't see it as a burden. To me, it makes life worth living.

Just my two cents, hope that helped. ;)

nina
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Not sure yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Angelika

Lilith28 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:34 pm 1. What is True Love and What it means to you?
2. Emotions: How/what do you feel? (Both in and out)
3. Joy or Burden.

I’m asking because I feel this is one of my life lessons. I believe it’s my 1st one to learn before moving on. So far I know what’s not true love, mainly my Past. Past that continue to haunt. Due to counseling insurance problem not seeing counselor. (Someone’s mistake in building, in which before was able to no problem) I’ll edit later if want ask more. Many thanks in advance.
True love as per my definition is "unconditional" love. But this does not really exist in this world as every single relationship in this world is give and take including parental relationship. Some relatkonships can be closer to being unconditional but never fully, because inadvertently everyone expect something from the other person to continue engaging with him or her, for instance expecting to behave in.certain manner, or helping achieve something, financial support, emotional availability and so on. The hard fact is one will not spend time, effort or money on someone whom they think they have no use for or if there is nothing in it for them. Of course just engaging in a short chit chat is no big deal now and then but to really build a relationship no one would put in anything as long as they feel there is something in it for them. This is a very hard reality.

But something that is very important but am sure is hard for many of us to achieve, is to "love yourself" . Find love within and learn to love yourself unconditionally despite everything. I think truly learning to love yourself despite everything is possible as you can only control yourself and not others. And when you learn to love yourself then you'll be truly happy and not dependent on external factors for happiness. Therefore true love is only possible with self. External love always have conditions, some have small conditions and some have more conditions and those amount and types of conditions vary depending on the kind of relationships and nature of the person.

So basically again, learn to love yourself. And that's the only real true love you can have.

Off to a rollercoaster ride of a lifetime 1h
Lilith28
new here
new here
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not Human
Zodiac:

Hi all, and thanks for the examples.
bba wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:16 am True love is a love that dont ask you to love it in return
I feel I might get this. I had to reword it a little bit no offense. But think sounds like true love that you ask nothing in return?
RyanJZ wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:40 am In my experience, it’s something you have to learn for yourself. If you let someone else tell you what true love is, regardless of how close to the truth they are, you’ll be chasing that standard for the rest of your life instead of what is best for you. But I will say that true love is usually more difficult than most people imagine. But that’s what makes it worth it.
In learning wise, I would have to agree. In sense I have to both agree and disagree of letting others tell me. For example I’ve seen many ways/examples of what not true love. For example parts of my past that still haunts. Meaning mostly physical abuse (others I won’t name to, but hence mention about counselor part) but I also seen different examples of what true really is. But not fit right for me. Maybe due to my past. I have to agree it will take all my life. But I feel part of lesson of True love I might have to do non living. (Unless I’ve already done that and need finish lesson whilst being alive?) Also if it worth it, I should accept to and looking forward to it
Nienna wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:14 am Ryan is right, only you can know what it real meaning is.
Also, I think that it is one thing and many thing at the same time; In general for me, True Love is something selfless where you are capable of letting go of the person for they happiness: the notion of self sacrifice but also a love that don't ask for love in return.
For me I feel I’m a controlling person. I feel there are signs, in sense my thoughts that are controlling. For example I’m more selfish but been struggling of selfless. I want to be selfless (despite negative thoughts) At same time I’m less of controlling when I know someone from past who’s controlling. It maybe I feel I don’t want and or not good with relationships. (Dating/non dating) In hindsight it’s why I’m not ready to practice “binding” because I’m selfish but that I’m trying to fight it yet struggle.

If I did try practice “binding” (with permission) I know I’m unable to let go because of “I want/ feel entitled” (not because of past, but because of selfish) I know, least feel practice catch and release fishes would probably ease little bit. Nor do I wish to stalk, which fear. I know we all have “demons” to battle. But I really want change before it will consume me fully. (Mostly has) “but a struggle worth fighting for” with self sacrifice, I feel in way kind of Military. (Maybe it’s due to me preparing/prepping myself to go in. But best to learn true love as self sacrifice in which I need and I think I may see your point)
Shaddowpumpkin wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:36 am Hmmm.... Just because I never met them or know about them in any way, doesn't mean I can't love them anyway.

Not saying I have or haven't. It's just my general go to. Sometimes is just nice to love.
I believe I know what you mean to.
stargazerjournal wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:03 am True love, to me, is the way my spouse treats me. They are always invested in what is best for me; they would go to the ends of the Earth to make sure that I have what I need. Someone who truly loves you will not abuse you or abandon you; they will always be there for you when you need them.

It makes me feel very special and wanted. It also makes me want to reciprocate; I treat my spouse well because I can't imagine life without them, and the idea of them being hurt is the worst thing in the world to me. It's this wonderful feeling inside of you, kind of like being on a ride at the fair; it's exciting and freeing and magical and a little bit scary.

I don't see it as a burden. To me, it makes life worth living.

Just my two cents, hope that helped. ;)
This what I want to be. But being “1 step forward 2 steps back” it’s very hard to accomplish.Your answer Has helped yes. Same for others as well am great full for everyone answers including yours to :) I’ll have to try harder, maybe self-empower in sense later in future. Especially with true love

* I’ll redo my responses later. Seems to me color not really great.

<<colour edited by Moderator>>

Nienna
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Nienna

I think that in Love (True Love included) you have to listen to you, your needs and be selfish in a way but not the type of selfish that leash the other one or bring them down.
A relationship is learning that sometimes even your needs have to be refrained for the other to blossom/be happy. I hope Lilith28 that you will change for what you wish to be but not in a extreme way.

Return to “General Questions”