Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ark wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:37 am Look, you're saying it yourself "I think", why don't you ask her yourself instead. This is leaving fruitful discussion by now, it's not the reason I posted on here.
I did and the outcome is the same. But that just makes it my experience vs your experience which doesn't change the situation at all in any way.
Ark wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:37 am And Sekhmet is the Lady of Slaughter, not Bastet.
Historically, Bastet and Sekhmet were similar. Both lionesses. That changed later on, though. Two aspects of the same being, one a warrior and one the gentle one.
I mean it does make sense in a way, since wild cats are fierce warriors and when they got domesticated........well, I guess the gods got adapted.
Ark wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:37 am What I do is normally referred to as Left Hand Path (LHP) and those who don't agree with this follow what they call Right Hand Path (RHP) which I consider a hypocritical concept since true and pure "goodness" does not exist in isolation from "evil."
There are other paths than just those two. It's a bit reductive to say those who don't agree with the LHP are RHP.
Also the RHP and the LHP aren't really about good and evil, light and dark. (Especially as on the LHP you can still use good and light energies and whatnot)
What they really are about is who is in control of the power. RHP gives all control to the higher power. LHP seeks to become a higher power in their own right. Service to a God (good or evil, light or dark) vs self deification. That's why many Satanists would actually be on the RHP.
Ark wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:37 am This is not the level of interaction people seek when coming to CH for the most part, and this reflects in the type of spiritual beings advertized.
Well, sometimes I get the feeling it's all about one thing since the succubi threads just keep popping up, if we start talking about what kind of interaction people are looking for.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Ark
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 1337
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Succubus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sakuya

Bartlebee wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:55 pm That's right. CH does not sell "black arts" spirits or entities. And they use bindings to ensure that even dark-arts entities (like Humans or the Fae) can't abuse the humans who chose to work with them.
I should give credit where appropriate, you set me off in the right direction here. I wasn't aware of the specific definitions used here on CH, often people use dark and black arts/magic interchangeably for the same things. Just see here how the wikipedia article for dark magic redirects to black magic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_magic
If I wanted to go nerd about this I'd probably say the need for exact and narrow categories is also part of the culture here, it touches more on identity politics which is not something I care much about.
Thanks for your posts.
:)

Fay World Order - Sunflower Project
Ark
new here
new here

Aprophis wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:56 am Well, sometimes I get the feeling it's all about one thing since the succubi threads just keep popping up, if we start talking about what kind of interaction people are looking for.
Please do elaborate. I take this very seriously. It's not a mere hobby.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Ark wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm Please do elaborate. I take this very seriously. It's not a mere hobby.
There's nothing to elaborate, really.
Pair the human condition of chasing anything that's not in the top of the trees at 3 with desperation and loneliness.
And then you get at least one thread a week about "Can't communicate with my succubus" "Help with communicating with my succubus" etc.

We humans can be pretty single minded. At least they're not asking for catgirls yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Ark
new here
new here

Aprophis wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:36 pm Pair the human condition of chasing anything that's not in the top of the trees at 3 with desperation and loneliness.
And then you get at least one thread a week about "Can't communicate with my succubus" "Help with communicating with my succubus" etc.

We humans can be pretty single minded. At least they're not asking for catgirls yet.
Right, I misunderstood this as a comment about me posting succubus threads. (Which I don't see myself as having been very obnoxious about for a long time, here or otherwise.)
Also, really(?), what I wrote was a reference to my impression of people wanting to collect many spirits or beings and using their services for superficial and unimportant things or just socializing with them in some kind of real life pokemon game. It's not my intention to sound disrespectful here, it's just how some people behave in my eyes.

Seeking out ancient deities or nature spirits for your own personal development when aiming for immortality on the astral and real power requires personal investment. Sometimes you have to "marry" the deity, or be "reborn" as their offspring. It's not something you pay a few $ for and get something limited in return.
It's common for the older deities to have many forms and images and appear in different ways to different people, so I'm not surprised that Bastet would seem to give conflicting information. The catgirls too require you to marry them, it's personal, and that is the meaning of the necklace and the bracelet. Unlike humans who trade rings, which may be seen as symbols of equality, the (servant/maid, yes it's symbolically correct to show them as maids) cats want the inequality to be defined in the contract. Wildcats sometimes don't do this, they want a normal marriage ring to maintain their position.
There's nothing wrong with wanting catgirls as long as you understand that it's a mutual personal relation and not a pay contract.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member

Ark wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:08 pm The catgirls too require you to marry them, it's personal, and that is the meaning of the necklace and the bracelet. Unlike humans who trade rings, which may be seen as symbols of equality, the (servant/maid, yes it's symbolically correct to show them as maids) cats want the inequality to be defined in the contract. Wildcats sometimes don't do this, they want a normal marriage ring to maintain their position.
There's nothing wrong with wanting catgirls as long as you understand that it's a mutual personal relation and not a pay contract.
I'm sorry and no offense, but you do realize you basically are talking about every anime fans wet dreams, right? Like living a phantasy.

Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “General Questions”