How do you experience automatic writing?

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7

Basically, I've noticed I'm ridiculously easy to channel and I can do automatic writing without much issues whatsoever, even with relatively "new" spirits.

Now, I don't know how much I'm influencing things, though. I'm an artist, more or less, and have a fairly good grasp on anatomy. Two of my spirits have drawn themselves, but their skills aren't as honed as mine and do look more crude. Still, there was a touch of my own hand in there, clearly. Now my newest pal, a divine dragon, can basically copy my style or almost fully utilize it, I suppose. It's still not as sharp as my own drawings as I'm not using my mind, or at least I hope so. I DO have to look down to the paper, otherwise it won't work, which makes me think I'm in much more control than I think I am.

Am I really doing it? I don't know. I never fully fall into a trance-like state, but I don't feel like I'm thinking much either when it happens.

How do you experience the process?

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

The more I'm thinking about it, the more it seems to be a case of them using muscle-memory, specifically the divine dragon.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I really don't know if my way of writing is actually automatic writing category. It's started with reflection, writing about what's going on daily. But most of the time I ask my spirit friends about things and I write their answers into it as well. It's going on so fast that I don't think i have much time to put my thoughts into it. But I am the one who writes it. Maybe fast flowing channeling?? I don't know.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Tsugi
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

What I mostly do is automatic drawing, does that count? I've only done it once or twice.

I do the necessary protection first and ask four of my protective spirits to be around to keep watch, because I'll be providing access to a limb and I don't want any nasties to happen. Next I'll relax my hand and ask the spirit I wanted to draw with to influence my hand. Only the hand. Hand relaxed, I'd start drawing with the spirit's guidance. I'd look up away from the paper, try not to think about what I'm doing, but observing as a bystander. It's difficult to let go fully because my conscious mind would try to interrupt. Maybe when I'm more comfortable doing this I'd go in a trance so the result is better. Now I'd rather do this fully conscious. But it's always fun looking at what they made. A lot of patterns that resemble them. A lot of hearts. A cat companion drew a cute cat while she kept asking for catnip. It was very surreal to look down and see these things that are so familiar of them, so majical. Made my heart melt :'( I did give her catnip after that :p)

PrincessKnight
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

All of your experiences are really fantastic, sometimes I wish I had more courage and start to use this means of communication with my spirits too!

cairngorn
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 3

I make random marks on the paper, almost like cursive writing and hope they'll turn into words or some sense that I'm being guided.

Then I get frustrated when they don't. Heh.

chiasmox
neophyte
neophyte

Tsugi wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:26 am What I mostly do is automatic drawing, does that count? I've only done it once or twice.
I do consider drawing a category under automatic writing, so yes. I do mostly draw too, except when I ask questions and the spirit just writes out the answer to explain a picture they drew.

Thanks for all the input!

Return to “General Questions”