neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

I have seen many things scattered throughout the internet about removing your chakras.. At first I did not really pay attention to the idea of it but then I started seeing it come up more and more.. I would like to know what others opinions are on this?

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

There's this thread about the chakra removal:
viewtopic.php?f=164&t=58536

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:29 pm I have seen many things scattered throughout the internet about removing your chakras.. At first I did not really pay attention to the idea of it but then I started seeing it come up more and more.. I would like to know what others opinions are on this?
** Long post alert **

I've just read the thread Darkwing Dook linked to.

Here is one topic I can offer my own opinion on. (With spirit keeping, I pay heed to and try to understand the experts and their systems.)

There have been a number of ways of looking at the energy body, historically. In fact, just to call it 'the' energy body oversimplifies all of that.

It's possible to think of all of these ways of looking at the energy body as options and that none of them are either false or exclusively real / true. Even the very act of perceiving energy within and around us is an option. Every description of the world is a constructed narrative. This isn't just on an intellectual level. Even our neurology / brains and senses construct for us a story of how the world appears.

So the Indian/Hindu-originated idea is where chakras come in. And they're just whorls or vortices in the energy field around and within the body. Nadi are like channels. There is a vast number of chakras and nadi. Prior to a few centuries ago (roughly speaking) yogi would pick and mix which of the main chakras they worked with, according to what their purpose was. There wasn't a fixed idea of 7 chakras then. Even recently people have begin 'discovering' other chakras. (They were always there to be found.) I work with approximately 20 chakras, depending on whose system I use.

In one branch of Tibetan Buddhism 4 energy centres are worked with: abdomen, heart, throat and head centres. It makes sense that these major parts of the body have major energy vortices associated with them. There's a school of thought that way back in humans' evolutionary journey, when we were basically fish in the ocean, we were mainly cylindrical in shape. Fins/arms were a later addition. The separate neck/head thing too. There are main centres that seem to relate to these body areas. The abdomen, chest and head centres are a main feature of the taoist 3 dantian system. (In fact there are more than 3 dantians too.) And, yes, you link the 3 main dantians via the microcosmic or macrocosmic orbits method, which forms and unifies the immortal spirit body.

In my opinion, being able to do that with one's energy & awareness does not remove chakras. You may have substituted your previous focus on what you perceived as separate chakras with a new focus on a unified energy system.

You can flip from awareness of one to awareness of the other. They're all just options when it comes down to it. However, there are definitely parallels between the Chinese & Indian systems. In taoism there are 7 glands and energy points that correspond to the 7 main chakras and the glands they relate to. The meridians are an equivalent of the nadi. The chi field is an equivalent of the aura.

What conclusions can be drawn from this?

- If we have an energy field, there are going to be vortices/centres and channels

- This mainly shadows our physical form, as result of evolution. I believe our chakras are there naturally, simply an epiphenomenon of our energy field.

- Rather like Darkwing Dook said, I suspect some people who think they've replaced their chakra system with a unified single energy system have probably done something similar to activating the 3 dantian and microcosmic orbit system. ie They've clicked on another option. Actually there's the Middle Pillar system of the Golden Dawn that's fairly similar.

- Messing up your energy system is unwise in my opinion and unnecessary: you can just choose another energy work system that suits you. I agree with the poster on that linked thread who warns inexperienced people against trying to 'remove' their chakras. Energy work done badly is notoriously dangerous, psychosomatically / 'spiritually'.

And I tend to believe any notion that we're somehow burdened with our chakras - or they've been artificially placed in our energy field by beings of malevolent intent - reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of what chakras are.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

Lewk wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:14 am
Amarantha wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:29 pm I have seen many things scattered throughout the internet about removing your chakras.. At first I did not really pay attention to the idea of it but then I started seeing it come up more and more.. I would like to know what others opinions are on this?
** Long post alert **

I've just read the thread Darkwing Dook linked to.

Here is one topic I can offer my own opinion on. (With spirit keeping, I pay heed to and try to understand the experts and their systems.)

There have been a number of ways of looking at the energy body, historically. In fact, just to call it 'the' energy body oversimplifies all of that.

It's possible to think of all of these ways of looking at the energy body as options and that none of them are either false or exclusively real / true. Even the very act of perceiving energy within and around us is an option. Every description of the world is a constructed narrative. This isn't just on an intellectual level. Even our neurology / brains and senses construct for us a story of how the world appears.

So the Indian/Hindu-originated idea is where chakras come in. And they're just whorls or vortices in the energy field around and within the body. Nadi are like channels. There is a vast number of chakras and nadi. Prior to a few centuries ago (roughly speaking) yogi would pick and mix which of the main chakras they worked with, according to what their purpose was. There wasn't a fixed idea of 7 chakras then. Even recently people have begin 'discovering' other chakras. (They were always there to be found.) I work with approximately 20 chakras, depending on whose system I use.

In one branch of Tibetan Buddhism 4 energy centres are worked with: abdomen, heart, throat and head centres. It makes sense that these major parts of the body have major energy vortices associated with them. There's a school of thought that way back in humans' evolutionary journey, when we were basically fish in the ocean, we were mainly cylindrical in shape. Fins/arms were a later addition. The separate neck/head thing too. There are main centres that seem to relate to these body areas. The abdomen, chest and head centres are a main feature of the taoist 3 dantian system. (In fact there are more than 3 dantians too.) And, yes, you link the 3 main dantians via the microcosmic or macrocosmic orbits method, which forms and unifies the immortal spirit body.

In my opinion, being able to do that with one's energy & awareness does not remove chakras. You may have substituted your previous focus on what you perceived as separate chakras with a new focus on a unified energy system.

You can flip from awareness of one to awareness of the other. They're all just options when it comes down to it. However, there are definitely parallels between the Chinese & Indian systems. In taoism there are 7 glands and energy points that correspond to the 7 main chakras and the glands they relate to. The meridians are an equivalent of the nadi. The chi field is an equivalent of the aura.

What conclusions can be drawn from this?

- If we have an energy field, there are going to be vortices/centres and channels

- This mainly shadows our physical form, as result of evolution. I believe our chakras are there naturally, simply an epiphenomenon of our energy field.

- Rather like Darkwing Dook said, I suspect some people who think they've replaced their chakra system with a unified single energy system have probably done something similar to activating the 3 dantian and microcosmic orbit system. ie They've clicked on another option. Actually there's the Middle Pillar system of the Golden Dawn that's fairly similar.

- Messing up your energy system is unwise in my opinion and unnecessary: you can just choose another energy work system that suits you. I agree with the poster on that linked thread who warns inexperienced people against trying to 'remove' their chakras. Energy work done badly is notoriously dangerous, psychosomatically / 'spiritually'.

And I tend to believe any notion that we're somehow burdened with our chakras - or they've been artificially placed in our energy field by beings of malevolent intent - reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of what chakras are.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and opinion on it. I do know the idea of removing chakras did not sit well with me. However, I do wish I never even watched the videos and read what others said about low level beings or parasites feeding off our chakras because the idea creeps me out and now always stuck in the back of my head.

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:47 pm [...]Thank you for sharing your knowledge and opinion on it. I do know the idea of removing chakras did not sit well with me. However, I do wish I never even watched the videos and read what others said about low level beings or parasites feeding off our chakras because the idea creeps me out and now always stuck in the back of my head.
You're welcome.

Sometimes I think reality and the meta are like many-faceted crystals that give you different views, depending on from what angle you're looking. Robert Anton Wilson's model agnosticism cautions against getting too caught up in our own belief system or anyone else's. He said that the Universe actually responds to what our view of it is, in ways that reinforce our unshakeable belief. (This is how synchronicity omens and signs end up 'proving' to followers of different religions that each one is the one True faith.)

Just on the idea of low level beings / parasites feeding off people's energy. That is just part of the natural energy ecosystem, in a way, and why people do aura cleansing, remove attachments etc and buy spell bindings from Creepy Hollows that protect from feeders. This has been a feature of occult / energy work for a very long time, afaik.

Some energy workers even see negativity feeding beings around waste bins. It's nothing special, in one sense.

If we pause for a few moments and remind ourselves of the large numbers of tiny creatures living on our skin, as well as astronomical numbers of bacteria living inside us...it's just the way things are. Yes, it's nice to forget about them and, yes, we do try to reduce the number of bad germs etc on or in us...but it is quite natural.

Trigger warning: this link is to an article about skin mites, which apparently most of us humans have and don't usually cause us a problem.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150508 ... -your-face

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “General Questions”