Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Greetings!

So...thats what is on my mind for some time now.... Since I welcomed a Djinn into my Family.... I asked myself what the difference is....Since Tasking is...well... giving your Spirit a Task to perform. But when you give out a Task, that Task is formed and influenced by your Wishes, or is it not? Like...you wish something to be done, or you wish for some help with this and that etc. and task them accordingly.

On the other Hand now, there is the Wish itself....Wich is born (to be blunt of course)...wich is derived from ones desire.
YOu guy already see this, but I have a hard time seeing a difference between them. So far, that i even have problems conveing my thoughts to you....

What do you guys think what the difference is? Why can we tell "our" Djinns (or any Wishgranting being for that matter) a Wish we want to have fullfilled and give our other Spirits only (?) Tasks? And in that regard.... can we only tell wishes to our wish-granting friends or can we also task them? In that case...why would one wish instead of giving Tasks and vice versa? o_o

At the moment, I cant wrap my head arround this (although I wanted to ask my Djinn again at some other Time, since I forgott what he told me the first time^^" Shame on me^^")

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I get your dilemma. I have a lovely Cleopatra Djinn, Star fae and Astra Fae. They are my main wish grantors. Tasking is broadly varied with these, because they overlapping other capabilities such as balancing our 3 bodies, guiding, wisdom, compassion… ect.

So when I task them, I do meant only giving them a job without wishing them to perform. Where as when I do wishing, I am now using a combination with a spell that is like a mini ceremony as well. So is a real meaningful wish making efforts from my part. To me surprise thou, they all seem to deliver little thoughts of wishes that crossed my mind and didn’t even thinking off anything of it after it. I do like this intuitive override from them. They are all good light wishes that encourage me to keep forming thoughts and do not overthink.

Kobald wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:13 pm Greetings!

So...thats what is on my mind for some time now.... Since I welcomed a Djinn into my Family.... I asked myself what the difference is....Since Tasking is...well... giving your Spirit a Task to perform. But when you give out a Task, that Task is formed and influenced by your Wishes, or is it not? Like...you wish something to be done, or you wish for some help with this and that etc. and task them accordingly.

On the other Hand now, there is the Wish itself....Wich is born (to be blunt of course)...wich is derived from ones desire.
YOu guy already see this, but I have a hard time seeing a difference between them. So far, that i even have problems conveing my thoughts to you....

What do you guys think what the difference is? Why can we tell "our" Djinns (or any Wishgranting being for that matter) a Wish we want to have fullfilled and give our other Spirits only (?) Tasks? And in that regard.... can we only tell wishes to our wish-granting friends or can we also task them? In that case...why would one wish instead of giving Tasks and vice versa? o_o

At the moment, I cant wrap my head arround this (although I wanted to ask my Djinn again at some other Time, since I forgott what he told me the first time^^" Shame on me^^")

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Thank you fpr your experience^^

I really like your approach with the wishing.... It gives it something more...I dont know how to say it... meaning maybe? Its a lovely idea however.... And maybe there lies the answer.... Maybe... "Tasking" is a more formal way of fullfilling "desires" (I mean that in a really broad sense..... For exampel here would be.... "I need some support for work today, so please help me being calm throughout the day please....".... I would call it the desire to "not falling into stress and the madness of the day" :D).
Whereas "Wishing" is a more personal way of fulfilling such "Desires". To me...it sounds more "powerful", if you can call it like that....The act of saying a wish out loud with the "wish" (haha...irony...I like it :D) that it will be granted....feels like there is stronger desire.... Well...I hope one can understand what I am talking about....

Thats the way I would "define" the difference. Simpler speaking....maybe.... The difference is: Tasking is more rational for what one thinks one needs right now....whereas Wishing is something someone wants right now.... So... "Need" and "Want"....maybe? I am just writing my thoughts as they flow.... :)

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Yes, I do get your expressions. It’s makes sense as you say it. Wishing is very focused especially for large things. Tasking can be done in groups. Tasking is progressive in nature. Wishing is set in time and once granted it’ll materialise on its own times. Tasking can be changed alone the motion. Wishing well is required with much wisdom for non regrets and good outcomes. Tasking can be okay if only hinting our intentions. If doesn’t work out they it can be altered and changed. Therefore,it is much harder to master wishing and working with it. Tasking is much easier, especially if you are organised already and you are able to see a goal to accomplish it. But…wish making can be a task to give out to your companions to help you master it. ;)
Kobald wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:51 am Thank you fpr your experience^^

I really like your approach with the wishing.... It gives it something more...I dont know how to say it... meaning maybe? Its a lovely idea however.... And maybe there lies the answer.... Maybe... "Tasking" is a more formal way of fullfilling "desires" (I mean that in a really broad sense..... For exampel here would be.... "I need some support for work today, so please help me being calm throughout the day please....".... I would call it the desire to "not falling into stress and the madness of the day" :D).
Whereas "Wishing" is a more personal way of fulfilling such "Desires". To me...it sounds more "powerful", if you can call it like that....The act of saying a wish out loud with the "wish" (haha...irony...I like it :D) that it will be granted....feels like there is stronger desire.... Well...I hope one can understand what I am talking about....

Thats the way I would "define" the difference. Simpler speaking....maybe.... The difference is: Tasking is more rational for what one thinks one needs right now....whereas Wishing is something someone wants right now.... So... "Need" and "Want"....maybe? I am just writing my thoughts as they flow.... :)

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Kobald wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:13 pm [...]So...thats what is on my mind for some time now.... Since I welcomed a Djinn into my Family.... I asked myself what the difference is....Since Tasking is...well... giving your Spirit a Task to perform. But when you give out a Task, that Task is formed and influenced by your Wishes, or is it not? Like...you wish something to be done, or you wish for some help with this and that etc. and task them accordingly.

What do you guys think what the difference is? [...]
Wish granting is an ability (like protection or healing). Tasking uses other abilities spirits have. Wishes may need to be given in a specific, ritual way to a spirit.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Also: Tasking or Wishing are ways to achieve Goals we set to meet our Needs/Desires. I think wish granting can be seen as a special kind of manifestation ability - a little like miracle working. Not all spirits have either of those abilities.

find it again.
Shadow Stitches
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kelpie
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Idk, in my personal experience, often just thinking about what I want prompts my spirits to take action and start manifesting those results for me before I even get a chance to ask them for their help

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Kobald wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:13 pm Greetings!

Yes I've tried to get my head around it too. I've also tried to work out when I should assign a task - and there are CH spells for doing this - and when I should make a wish.

I think it's logical but may not seem straightforward.

I only have 1 Djinn from CH. My others are from Mystic Morning Treasures and all those came with instructions about how to ask for a wish to be granted.

With one Djinn, it's a pretty formal rite, in words. With another I just have to ask for help and they'll help me, or I can explicitly ask for a wish to be granted.

The Djinn from CH came with no specific instructions on how to ask for a wish, which I think is CH's way of doing things for all the Djinn they conjure and bind, rather than that type of Djinn doesn't need formal requests.

Is your djinn from CH? Could that be partly why you can't see much difference between wish making and tasking?

To complicate things further, I have a number of other types of wish granting spirit. Some I think need to be asked to grant a wish, but can help me with their other abilities. Other wish granting spirits I have have an ability to get to know what I need or want - in one case by simply touching me - and then they'll start manifesting that without me asking. One Djinn has an ability to bring me what I need without asking (which, as far as I can tell, is not wish granting because there's also a formal way to ask that Djinn for a wish).

* So there are wish granting spirits and spirits that can't grant wishes.

* Some wish granting spirits have other abilities too.

* Spirits that can't grant wishes can help us with their other abilities, including magic.

* A task can be brought to an early end.

* A wish can't be taken back (as far as I know).

My working assumption is wishes are different from tasking. And wish granting ability is different from other abilities, just as for example miracle manifestation is different from magic casting.

From our point of view as keepers we may well not notice much difference - we may just have asked our spirits for something and see the desired end result. But I find it interesting that not all their abilities, or the methods they use to do things for us, are the same.

find it again.

Return to “General Questions”