You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: jackalope
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: cyris
Zodiac:

so i read all the time how are bound companions shouldn't be affected by shields, banishments ect , so does that mean that other peoples bound companions could get through your unbound protection or banishments , since they aren't technically unbound i suppose

1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 8 warrior angels X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 dragos 2 :v psy vampires *0* 1 sang vamp ^^ 1 gargoyle O.Op 1 violet flame angel *>* 1 Norse tiger :3 1 nympho <3 1 servitor 8>
pokemonsavage
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: jackalope
My magical/paranormal name...: cyris
Zodiac:

pokemonsavage wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:46 pm so i read all the time how are bound companions shouldn't be affected by shields, banishments ect , so does that mean that other peoples bound companions could get through your unbound protection or banishments , since they aren't technically unbound i suppose
like i feel like that could explain why people get " unbound problems " and the shields, barriers and banishments never seem to work. i don't actually know though so that's why I'm asking

1 veela 8)) 1 throne angel :8) 1 watcher B) 8 warrior angels X..X 1 seraphim 0:) 1 dragos 2 :v psy vampires *0* 1 sang vamp ^^ 1 gargoyle O.Op 1 violet flame angel *>* 1 Norse tiger :3 1 nympho <3 1 servitor 8>
Regholdain
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human. :)

pokemonsavage wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:48 pm
pokemonsavage wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:46 pm so i read all the time how are bound companions shouldn't be affected by shields, banishments ect , so does that mean that other peoples bound companions could get through your unbound protection or banishments , since they aren't technically unbound i suppose
like i feel like that could explain why people get " unbound problems " and the shields, barriers and banishments never seem to work. i don't actually know though so that's why I'm asking
Nope, those comments are only referring to your own bound spirits. If your spirits are tasked to prevent visits by unknown spirits then others' bound spirits would be protected against.

The long and short of it is that protections and banishments only work against the intended targets and do not affect spirits you want or invite to be around you, generally.

X..X Memento Mori X..X
*>* Memento Vivere *>*

"I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning." - Benjamin Franklin
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

pokemonsavage wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:48 pm
tl/dr: Shields, barriers and banishings - maybe you can add house rules - are usually designed to keep away malicious or unwanted/uninvited spirits. Obviously invited spirit guests - including our own unbound spirit companions - aren't targeted by our own protection measures. The fact a spirit has been bound for one keeper doesn't make them invulnerable to the protection measures used by other keepers.

This may not be the definitive answer but here are some thoughts.

Most banishings, barriers and shields will incorporate intention. If you specify malicious beings - or uninvited spirits - that's what they'll work on. As long as you get your intention right, there shouldn't be a problem. By the way, our own bound companions can't be banished and it shouldn't be tried.

The most important thing is to get your shields, barriers and banishing items from skilled practitioners, who create effective tools - or to be good enough to do your own shields, barriers and banishings effectively, or use methods that beginners can get effective results from.

If we can take that for granted... eg let's say we're talking about CH items or services - which are extremely effective - then some of the reports of these not working are from people who have mixed up their own subjective projections and fears with real, objective attacks from unbounds.

Another problem seems to be when someone under attack can't keep their mind away from the source of the attack. They may have been advised to avoid doing this but can't. This can be like: I got the bully sent away from me but I kept going back to where he lives and contacting him...now he's targeting me again...why didn't it work?

That's effectiveness.

The effect of banishings, shields etc on our own bound companions is a different matter.

Our bound spirit companions are here with us in our home by request. So a working designed to keep away uninvited unbounds should not affect our bound companions. Neither should it affect attached, unbound spirit companions, if we have any of those in our spirit family. However it's thought to be considerate to let them know when we're about to do a space clearing.

Other people's bound spirits are not invited. Neither are their unbound spirit family members. So, in my opinion, they *can* be excluded by our unbound protection or banishments etc.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

I agree with others that this is referring to your own spirits. If someone else's spirits get through, it's by invitation and they have been vetted by your own. Think of it as you or a friend (who happens to be a keeper) loaning a spirit to help with a particular task. Or the spirits want to visit friends.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Return to “General Questions”