Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Greetings everyone!

This question comes to mind every now and then and I wonder.... Seeing many different kind of Shifters with wich different conjurers are working with...I cannot help but wonder how these Shifters and Shifters of any kind, came to be....
Legends say about Werewolves (wich, to me, are also something like "Wolve-Shifters", to be technical...Correct me if I am wrong though!), wich came to be when a Wolf bit a Human in a special Circumstance ( f.e.: at Full Moon, or being bit by another Werewolf etc. .... My knowledge is pretty limited here...^^").... But how about other kind of shifters then?

What about the Dragon-Shifters...?
Any Type of Animal-Shifter...?

And I am not talking about Beings who have the ability to transform/shift into another being. What I mean are those being who already are "classified" as a "XYZ-Shifter".

Or are Shifters in that Context really "just" being with the natural ability to shift and the shifting is a magic-only ability of them wich was trained and not something they have in their...well.... DNA? (Well... I used DNA because I dont know anything else wich comes close to what I mean...).

I hope I did get my question across and I am curious of everyones thoughts on this (or further questions). :)

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

It is a very good question. Unfortunately I have no answer to this. But I have been checking if there was any answers.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Kobald wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:40 am [...]This question comes to mind every now and then and I wonder.... Seeing many different kind of Shifters with wich different conjurers are working with...I cannot help but wonder how these Shifters and Shifters of any kind, came to be.... [...]
It's not an easy question. If I asked, how did Fairies come to be, how did Elves come to be, Angels and so on? These are also not easy questions.

I'm tempted to say they just are and leave it at that. But I'll try and think it through.

From an anthropological, study of human history point of view, there are antecedents that might give a bit of a clue to how we got to the point where we're talking about part animal-part human beings in the 21st century. Cave paintings from 40,000 -20,000 years ago in different parts of the world show part-human, part-animal figures. Shamanism, as we call it, the oldest known human belief system, seems to have involved contact with spirits that presented as animals, or part human and part animal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50754303
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lascaux

To me it's not clear whether they were shapeshifters so much as energy / spirit beings that could manifest in more than one way. (Don't forget, scientists say humans are simply evolved animals, so it's not strange at all that our earliest ancestor spirits could have been animal-related. And totem animals may have started off as literally the spirits that looked after certain non-human species. At some point those spirits may have started looking after (or working with) hominids then Neanderthal humans then modern humans.

Why don't we just always see spirits as pure energy? This is another deep question. Maybe we see more easily what we can relate to. And relatable may have meant seeing a spirit with a relatable body or head, like that of an animal or human. With time humans probably formed expectations of what they looked like, then that became traditional for those spirits to take that form in manifestations.

And Shamans have long taken on animal characteristics in their ceremonies and workings. In fact, I'm tempted to say shape shifting on an energetic level isn't weird at all.

When it comes to cryptids - the idea that there have been physical animals, or humans, on planet Earth that could physically shapeshift is a different thing. There isn't incontrovertible physical evidence. So not everyone believes in them. But the idea of shapeshifting has been in our minds since prehistory and Shamanism.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Thank you Lewk! I really appreciate this and will reflect on what you wrote. As I do not have any other thoughts at the moments I want to at least show me appreciation^^"

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
Metheus North
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 500
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Faery
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Metheus North
It’s my birthday
Zodiac:

I like to think that this is related to the question, which came first the chicken 🐔 or the egg 🥚

This is such a deep, philosophical, thought provoking question. I caught the giggles when Lewk said, "I'm tempted to say they just are and leave it at that."

There are many different thoughts regarding the creation of the universe, and the beings within. In some belief systems, the environment would be the cause of evolutionary changes. At some point in history, it could be possible that animal transformation was necessary for survival? Long distance hunting, the need for increased senses such as sight or smell?

Lewk already touched on Shamanism. Magick has been practiced for eons. It would not be surprising if spells were developed to make shifting possible. So much information has been lost or destroyed throughout time. It would be amazing to know some of the ancient Magick.

Return to “General Questions”