Can you curse someone even if they're under a deity's protection?

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal

Can you curse someone even if they're under a deity's protection?

Post by ARandomDemon »

NOTE: NOTHING is going on in my life where I would need to curse someone at the moment. This is purely a fictional situation so any life advice or ''Just go to the police'' related answers are completely pointless.

Scenario: Let's say that there is a person who really gets under your skin and they had done something to really get you upset, like they poisoned your dog. You take your dog to the vet and your dog survived the poisoning, but just barely.
You get angry and you decide to either cast a karma spell or any hex/curse because you're not just going to let it slide.
The problem is that the same person has a decent spirit court and also has deities protecting them.
IF you threw a curse at them, the spirits and deities will immediately target you and will send all sorts of bad luck and other nasties your way.

How do you cast a spell on someone without angering their spirits or deities?

Vipera aspis atra
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master

Re: Can you curse someone even if they're under a deity's protection?

Post by Vipera aspis atra »

Nobody who is vile enough to poison a poor animal is going to be under any known god's protection. Maybe they'd be under the 'protection' of malefic spirits, and understand that is just a 'pseudo-protection' for them...such spirits don't really have any allegiance. The individual would have to be a seriously powerful 'master' of black arts to command true protection in this case and that's incredibly rare --also an actual master of that sort wouldn't be going around poisoning peoples' dogs or acting just to get under a random person's skin, they'd probably have much bigger targets.

So now we get to the more realistic possibility --a vile or unhinged individual takes this kind of sick action against you/your loved ones, and you decide to retort with a curse or hex or whatever. What you can expect, if they even understand what's happening, is that they may consciously fight you back (if they are actually aware of and into magic), or have dualistic forces protecting them/ancestors protecting them to soften the blow of what is to come.
If you understand how magic works in conjunction with fate, how the spiritual realm actually views people who take these sort of actions, 'karmic retribution', etc. then you will go with the kind of retribution that leaves no room to fail as it is reflective of who they are and whatever dynamic they are in (including the spirits surrounding them).

In general: if someone is truly surrounded by spiritual protection, deity protection, etc. then they do have a magical advantage, but these spirits/deities aren't necessarily going to defend them if they do something truly messed up. These spirits would want them to grow and be more powerful, to transcend petty sh*t. In my view, objectively horrible actions are not the mark of one spiritually elevated or respectful of magic, and that means they are not likely to have much of an advantage. Spirits can be helping many people, consider the type of spirits who would help someone like that and why.
If you however are the petty one causing them trouble for some ridiculous slight, you'll just have to accept the risk of spiritual retaliation from their support system. Since you're talking about an instance where someone is being horrifically nasty though we can say in your instance this is irrelevant.

Anyone seriously malicious with their intentions is only going to be protected by those spiritual presences with similarly nasty intent, and those presences are using the person to get their 'fix' so to speak in most cases. Those presences feed on the person they are using and they don't care about the wellbeing of the person, they would probably even delight in your angry retribution as those kinds of awful emotions they can stir up in human beings are sweet sustenance to them. For this reason and many others it is important to think strategically before acting, to be able to intuit the specific 'thing' going on with the nasty person and target the actual source with your might rather than to be misled or blinded by quite understandable hurt in the face of a situation such as the hypothetical one you've proposed.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
—Oscar Wilde

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Post by Likes2Read »

I hadn’t thought of it in those terms before, but it makes sense. Well-intentioned spirits and deities, the ones who want us to grow into the best possible versions of ourselves, might be just fine with letting their charge receive the full repercussions of an evil act. Sadly, some folks only learn lessons by experiencing the blowback when they stupendously mess up.

When we want to respond in kind to an evil done to us, we need to monitor ourselves and our motivations throughout the process, so we don’t turn into the same kind of monster we are railing against. Otherwise, it might be OUR spirits letting US feel the repercussions of our actions.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Ming Biaohua/Liu Hebiu

Post by blezheng »

Vipera aspis atra wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:24 am
Nobody who is vile enough to poison a poor animal is going to be under any known god's protection. Maybe they'd be under the 'protection' of malefic spirits, and understand that is just a 'pseudo-protection' for them...such spirits don't really have any allegiance. The individual would have to be a seriously powerful 'master' of black arts to command true protection in this case and that's incredibly rare --also an actual master of that sort wouldn't be going around poisoning peoples' dogs or acting just to get under a random person's skin, they'd probably have much bigger targets.

So now we get to the more realistic possibility --a vile or unhinged individual takes this kind of sick action against you/your loved ones, and you decide to retort with a curse or hex or whatever. What you can expect, if they even understand what's happening, is that they may consciously fight you back (if they are actually aware of and into magic), or have dualistic forces protecting them/ancestors protecting them to soften the blow of what is to come.
If you understand how magic works in conjunction with fate, how the spiritual realm actually views people who take these sort of actions, 'karmic retribution', etc. then you will go with the kind of retribution that leaves no room to fail as it is reflective of who they are and whatever dynamic they are in (including the spirits surrounding them).

In general: if someone is truly surrounded by spiritual protection, deity protection, etc. then they do have a magical advantage, but these spirits/deities aren't necessarily going to defend them if they do something truly messed up. These spirits would want them to grow and be more powerful, to transcend petty sh*t. In my view, objectively horrible actions are not the mark of one spiritually elevated or respectful of magic, and that means they are not likely to have much of an advantage. Spirits can be helping many people, consider the type of spirits who would help someone like that and why.
If you however are the petty one causing them trouble for some ridiculous slight, you'll just have to accept the risk of spiritual retaliation from their support system. Since you're talking about an instance where someone is being horrifically nasty though we can say in your instance this is irrelevant.

Anyone seriously malicious with their intentions is only going to be protected by those spiritual presences with similarly nasty intent, and those presences are using the person to get their 'fix' so to speak in most cases. Those presences feed on the person they are using and they don't care about the wellbeing of the person, they would probably even delight in your angry retribution as those kinds of awful emotions they can stir up in human beings are sweet sustenance to them. For this reason and many others it is important to think strategically before acting, to be able to intuit the specific 'thing' going on with the nasty person and target the actual source with your might rather than to be misled or blinded by quite understandable hurt in the face of a situation such as the hypothetical one you've proposed.
I love this explanation. I strongly agree. :)

All from CH: 7 Human Spirits (1 Lover,1 Past Life,1 Atlantean,3 Ancestors,1 Warlock) 10 Angels (Bronwyn,Sterling,Courtwind,Anamchara,Astral,Cherub,Ulaphres,Nephilim,Powers,Thrones),1 Green Dragon,1 Kilin,1 Wraith,1 Volkh,1 Hellhound,1 Brownie,1 Drow,1 Mononoke,1 Manananggal,5 Fae (3 Star,1 Fire,1 Waif),1 Bannik,1 Einherjar,3 Prehistorics,3 Djinns,1 Abchanchu,1 Aitvaras,1 Gregori Watcher,1 Gorgon,1 Ulijju,1 Paniwi,1 Bucca,1 Harpy,Khepri,Hathor,Amon-Ra,Isis,Tefnut,Sekhmet,Guan Yu,Ganesh

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys

Post by Alys-RaccoonReadings »

I, too, agree fully with Vipera.

ARandomDemon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My magical/paranormal name...: Hal

Post by ARandomDemon »

Here's an even harder scenario since the last one was answered.

Say that there was a man and his wife. Both are magical practitioners with their own spirits and deities.
The man has been cheating on his wife for a year with his mistress and leaves his wife after telling her.
The now ex-wife gets angry and curses the girlfriend's dog with a terrible illness, attempting to kill the dog but fails since the ex-husband found out before the dog could die although the dog ended up having an emergency appointment with the vet.

Now, the ex-husband decides to throw a counter curse at his ex-wife because she just tried to kill his girlfriends dog.
The curse in question isn't deadly but it's powerful.

Now, will the spirits and the deities defend the ex-wife and go after the ex-husband?
Or will they go against the ex-wife for trying to kill a dog with magic over her ex's cheating?

Vipera aspis atra
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master

Post by Vipera aspis atra »

ARandomDemon wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:20 am
Here's an even harder scenario since the last one was answered.

Say that there was a man and his wife. Both are magical practitioners with their own spirits and deities.
The man has been cheating on his wife for a year with his mistress and leaves his wife after telling her.
The now ex-wife gets angry and curses the girlfriend's dog with a terrible illness, attempting to kill the dog but fails since the ex-husband found out before the dog could die although the dog ended up having an emergency appointment with the vet.

Now, the ex-husband decides to throw a counter curse at his ex-wife because she just tried to kill his girlfriends dog.
The curse in question isn't deadly but it's powerful.

Now, will the spirits and the deities defend the ex-wife and go after the ex-husband?
Or will they go against the ex-wife for trying to kill a dog with magic over her ex's cheating?

This isn't really that hard, it doesn't seem much different than before, you're just being more specific about the context and the context still includes an innocent dying which tells us a lot.

You have to understand, you're asking a question of morality in terms of which is 'more deserved' or 'more evil' to these beings we haven't even named because they are entirely hypothetical. And then it is twofold, you're also asking a question of what is more relevant or appropriate to the spirits/deities in question and again, that depends entirely on who those spirits/deities are. However there is still a simple answer in my view...
Common sense dictates that killing an innocent animal that had nothing to with your ex deciding to be a jerkwad is entirely illogical, cruel, and won't do anything but to cause needless additional hurt.
If this hypothetical ex-wife's spirits/deities actually care about her growth and wellbeing, they will not allow her act of rage to kill an innocent animal, they may defend her from the retaliation of the ex-husband if they see she is redeemable and can actually progress past this but others will let her learn from her mistake. Any malefic beings on her side will both a.) love for the poor animal to die, but also equally b.) love for her to suffer.

I can't elaborate more because there aren't specifics about who these people are, what forces are actually supporting them, etc. We're nearly getting into a discussion of good vs. evil and what actually holds more power in this world or why.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
—Oscar Wilde

Return to “Black Magic”