Trick Question about controlling free will of demons.

jonmadden91
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 66
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
My super power would be...: Super speed

Trick Question about controlling free will of demons.

Post by jonmadden91 »

So if I control the free will of a hostile demon that has intent to kill me. I make said demon heal me and donate its energy against its will. Is that considered black/gray magic. Or is that white magic.
Sound morally right, I'm just curious of aggressive actions like this will result in negative karma. B) 8))

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Re: Trick Question about controlling free will of demons.

Post by darkwing dook »

How do you know it's not making you think you have the power to control it?
Say you actually control it, how can you be sure it or its friends won't take revenge on you in the future?

You might want to read this as well:
viewtopic.php?f=245&t=20345

"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 172
Spelled Number: 160
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Post by Lewk »

jonmadden91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:00 am
So if I control the free will of a hostile demon that has intent to kill me. I make said demon heal me and donate its energy against its will. Is that considered black/gray magic. Or is that white magic.
Sound morally right, I'm just curious of aggressive actions like this will result in negative karma. B) 8))
In terms of practicalities, Darkwing Dook seems to have answered it far better than I could.

I hope this is a philosophical question, ie entirely hypothetical and theoretical.

Leaving aside the question of whether someone actually posessed the power to take away any being's free will, that is an act of black arts (by CH's definition).

The CH definition, as I understand it, is white arts by its nature does no wrong / tries only to do good. Black arts by its nature does no good / tries only to do harm.

Dark - aka grey - arts nature is one of duality. There is a choice whether to do good or wrong.

Forum members (and ethical philosophers) have observed that a 'good' act - ie one made with good intentions can unintentionally cause harm and an act of evil intent can unintentionally cause some good.

The outcomes do not change the intent of the person who committed the act. In the same way, a being whose nature is white arts would still be wa, even if an unintended outcome of their action is harm / wrong.

DA beings have choice. So if a human tries to do something that would be classifed as ba, they are still a da being. The intent might be called ba if they tried to take away free will.

I'm at the limits of my understanding now but: I think that technically, if someone used a da energy spell to take someone's free will away, it may not become ba energy but the intent and outcome could be classed as ba.

If course there are other classifications of good and wrong in ethical philosophy that aren't based on a spiritual understanding of intrinsic paranormal energy.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Barghest
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's quick, it's clean, and it's pure

Post by Muse »

In my personal opinion anything that completely controls/subdues the will of another being (no matter the type of being, what they've done to you, yadda yadda) is inherently and defaultly Black Arts. Manipulation, Coercion, etc still falls on the Dark or Grey arts spectrums for me, but actively taking away will instead of trying to nudge it in your favor is another beast and should be treated as such. No good comes from dressing up an action as something else. Assuming the above is hypothetical, I won't pry too much, but if it isn't...I can almost guarantee you that you are not at all the one in control in that situation. It would be much smarter to set up defenses, than to test your mettle on something fully capable of ruining you for years without you being aware of it.

"Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me."
Imam al-Ghazali

╔═════════════════════════════════╗
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Eclectic Witch ─ Dreamwalker ─ Spirit Worker
╚═════════════════════════════════╝

Vipera aspis atra
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master

Post by Vipera aspis atra »

All of the most important things that could be said have been said by the wise members above.

I'll add this:
It's rare for a hostile-demonic entity to come at you. It's rare to be under spiritual attack at all. A lot of those persons who claim to experience it casually and that I'd perhaps agree are legit would be those who intentionally put themselves out there, in harm's way. In example --those who frequently undertake paranormal investigations of shady places, those open mediums with unrestricted ability, those born into a directly paranormal situation, those who practice the malefic arts with ignorance.

Most often if one encounters a presence like this, it's a once-in-a-lifetime fluke. One maybe comes into contact with a cursed object. If it goes beyond that in their lives it is typically that they never dealt with the original issue properly.

There would not commonly be a situation where you'd be in position to take control of a malicious entity intent on killing you. You're not a black magician, you very likely based on your query are inexperienced, and you'd have to be versed in black magic to achieve something remotely like this, but already that would mean you're a target for nastiness by virtue of what you're into and so would fit into the examples of susceptible targets.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde

"No."
—David Lynch

Return to “Black Magic”