Cursing Others[Have you done it?]

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced

Re: Cursing Others[Have you done it?]

Post by Noctua »

There might've been a time I thought revenge and justice were two different things, but when you consider that Justice (in every sense a good thing, and everyone would agree upon this) is completely relative.. revenge is justice.

Unless one abides by some governing law outside of, rather than within oneself, justice is revenge.

And I don't believe, have never believed in the concept of 'karma' as it were, because the ideal of karma is also relativistic. One person can believe what they have done is completely abiding by or serving the law of karma, while another person can say that it will come back to bite them; who is right?
Not one person can be more right than another.. we get into a debate of religion. Your moral code is your own and you decide what is right and what is wrong based on what feels right or wrong to you. Belief and personal faith holds power, all realities are therefore valid.
Nothing else can force you to believe something is right or wrong intrinsically, nothing else can decide for you. We choose and abide by our inclinations.. which ultimately for us as individuals, must be right - else we are acting against our truest nature and most genuine self.

Even if 1000 people would find something I believe is right to be despicable, it is still correct in my reality and it does not cease holding that personal truth.

Clockwick Jeeves
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, Dark Lords
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Post by Clockwick Jeeves »

Noctifera wrote:There might've been a time I thought revenge and justice were two different things, but when you consider that Justice (in every sense a good thing, and everyone would agree upon this) is completely relative.. revenge is justice.

Unless one abides by some governing law outside of, rather than within oneself, justice is revenge.

And I don't believe, have never believed in the concept of 'karma' as it were, because the ideal of karma is also relativistic. One person can believe what they have done is completely abiding by or serving the law of karma, while another person can say that it will come back to bite them; who is right?
Not one person can be more right than another.. we get into a debate of religion. Your moral code is your own and you decide what is right and what is wrong based on what feels right or wrong to you. Belief and personal faith holds power, all realities are therefore valid.
Nothing else can force you to believe something is right or wrong intrinsically, nothing else can decide for you. We choose and abide by our inclinations.. which ultimately for us as individuals, must be right - else we are acting against our truest nature and most genuine self.

Even if 1000 people would find something I believe is right to be despicable, it is still correct in my reality and it does not cease holding that personal truth.
Great post, I feel the same about karma.

“One sticks to an opinion because he prides himself on having come to it on his own, and another because he has taken great pains to learn it and is proud to have grasped it: and so both do so out of vanity.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Post by Likes2Read »

Clockwick Jeeves wrote:Interesting discussion.

I have personally not felt the need to curse anyone. Though, if I was experienced at the time of my father's surgery, I would have cursed the nurse who was supposed to look after him - due to her lack of care, she caused him to go into pain so severe he was crying out (he had stomach surgery) and when I put down my head that night to sleep, I wished all the worse things on her. I think it's disgusting that a person in a job that requires you to be compassionate, caring and attentive, could be so careless with another human being. You're dealing with people's lives and well being, how can you not care for them?
I do have to scratch my head when people who wouldn't know empathy or compassion if they tripped over them, go into a field where both those attributes are a necessity in order to do their job properly. While a person in the medical field can't get so attached that they lose their minds over every patient, they DO have to at least care that the patient is being treated properly and is getting everything they need to recover.

If it was pain meds he needed, there might be some strict protocols on just how often those doses can be handed out. But if his dose was late or even missing, and he was in pain because of that, it's definitely a problem. Heck, even if a person is getting "breakthrough pain" before their next dose is allowed to be given, the staff can at least try to seek some other solution, talk to the doctor about adjusting the dosage, SOMEthing. It's a freakin' hospital, for gosh sakes -- someone, somewhere in the building has got to have some knowledge of pain control.

Having said that, there is no avoiding at least SOME pain in the immediate aftermath of surgery. Sometimes, all the meds can do is keep the pain at a manageable level, because knocking pain down to zero is not possible.

So, getting back to the OP, sometimes if a person has knowledge of something like cursing, it can make their life HARDER, because then they have to control that reflex, just as we have to control the impulse to punch someone in the face who has angered us. Impulse control takes on new levels of importance and responsibility, the more damage we are able to inflict in a fit of anger.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Clockwick Jeeves
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, Dark Lords
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Post by Clockwick Jeeves »

Likes2Read wrote: If it was pain meds he needed, there might be some strict protocols on just how often those doses can be handed out. But if his dose was late or even missing, and he was in pain because of that, it's definitely a problem. Heck, even if a person is getting "breakthrough pain" before their next dose is allowed to be given, the staff can at least try to seek some other solution, talk to the doctor about adjusting the dosage, SOMEthing. It's a freakin' hospital, for gosh sakes -- someone, somewhere in the building has got to have some knowledge of pain control.

Having said that, there is no avoiding at least SOME pain in the immediate aftermath of surgery. Sometimes, all the meds can do is keep the pain at a manageable level, because knocking pain down to zero is not possible.
The nurse was supposed to put a feeding tube all the way down into his stomach after surgery, and because the tube wasn't put down him correctly (it never reached the stomach) it caused him severe pain (I can't remember what the tube was actually for, perhaps someone with medical background will know) but I remember my brother telling me how horrible it was to see my dad in such agony, I was not at the hospital at the time and thankfully so, I would have gone nuts and jumped the nurse responsible.

“One sticks to an opinion because he prides himself on having come to it on his own, and another because he has taken great pains to learn it and is proud to have grasped it: and so both do so out of vanity.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose

Post by Instrument of the end fire083 »

If it was a feeding tube, it is used to allow the medical staff to make sure that people who need nutrition but can't chew or swallow easily or on their own get nutrients. Though when my grandmother was on one (may she rest in peace) it was run near the collar bone just to the right of the neck.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.

hauntedhecate
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deity
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hecate Rosewood

Post by hauntedhecate »

I have cursed many, and they are STRONG.
I am descended from shamans and witches, so the hexes came to me naturally.

It doesn't ever hurt you if you contain it. I reccomend pill bottles with sigils and ingredients inside!! they are wonderful and keep the energy contained so it doesn't leak into you. ^_^

Bugs and fruit (for rot) and blood are my secret ingredients ;)

• Hecate/The Void System/Voidsys
  • She/Any pronouns
  • Plural
  • Genderfluid
  • Shaman/Necromancer/Spirit Worker
X..X ^^ *0* \/ :v >:)

Return to “Black Magic”