new here
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 27

Re: White Art secret society ?

Post by LexBarringer »

Vipera aspis atra wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:33 pm
Most secret societies are not focused strictly on white arts because they don't define things that way; you'll have more luck looking into groups that just focus on the kind of things you want to learn and adhere to the qualities you believe in. All humans are dualistic in nature and so by default all societies run by and populated by humans are DA; yes there are some that focus on more peaceful and light practices and others which are darker but they are more defined by the nature of what it is they believe in than anything else.

I also second what Lewk is saying. Make sure not to join...a cult, by mistake. Because there are more cults than balanced societies I can assure you of that. Best of luck in your search.
Yes, you do have a really good point, Vipera! If I may add something more. Going for secret societies may not be in someone's best interest. Mystery schools are to learn the basics and some more intermediate work, astral projection and traveling.

As I've stated to people on other forums, not everything in the dark is dangerous but yet, not everything in the light is safe either. Its about going with the gut feelings on something, if it doesn't feel right, it's not good.

It might be better to hang around the "white witches" conventions. Sure, some are fakes out there but many are well trained and have the highest good in mind when working with you.

I had my phase in my 20s when I was all about joining secret societies and what power they had, what I could learn and be like that. At that time, I didn't even know my spirit title and who I was. I'm glad I didn't join back then, I chuckle about it now.

LexBarringer
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 27

Post by LexBarringer »

Here's another site for you:

It's about "Light Workers", not quite witchcraft, per se. More focus on energy healing, shielding and grounding, along with self-education and study. They do have people available for consultation and teaching.

https://universallightworkers.com/

This is far more gentle going than a secret society is, less rigid systems in place. Some people like structure, others like to take in information non-sequentially. This might be more your style.

JaycubL
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

Post by JaycubL »

Start your own club using meetup.com maybe? A more round table type format as opposed to a hierarchical structure might allow a freer flow of information and a happier situation for everyone. 20 noobs who each read different books, do different experiments, and have different lives, might know more than a single more experienced noob who claims to be a master.

If you develop some special skill or understanding alone, you may be more attractive to others (have something to offer, hopefully other than your money or servitude). Consider their perspective and motivation for teaching you. I think much of what you will find is shallow pay-to-play spirituality with a facade of more depth.

HighSkies
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal/similar

Post by HighSkies »

Vipera aspis atra wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:33 pm
Most secret societies are not focused strictly on white arts because they don't define things that way; you'll have more luck looking into groups that just focus on the kind of things you want to learn and adhere to the qualities you believe in. All humans are dualistic in nature and so by default all societies run by and populated by humans are DA; yes there are some that focus on more peaceful and light practices and others which are darker but they are more defined by the nature of what it is they believe in than anything else.

I also second what Lewk is saying. Make sure not to join...a cult, by mistake. Because there are more cults than balanced societies I can assure you of that. Best of luck in your search.
Well we had the Knight Templars and they saw themselves as such? Plus the Achaemenid Empire and possibly also the Egyptians might have had some who did define themselves as 'light based' for all we know?

Not sure if this counts but the Magi were secretive about some of the knowledge they had but you had to be born into a Magi family from what I heard or idk if there was any ritual to become one. Their class dominated to a degree until the Arab invasions took place in the 600s.

HighSkies
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Post by HighSkies »

Lewk wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:40 pm
Can I add...I hope you don't mind me offering this advice...if you do join a society, hopefully it won't be one in which strong personalities will try to browbeat you or turn you into a passive follower. Don't give up your power to let others have power over you. And don't give away your lifesavings.

Due to human nature being what it is, societies that on the surface seem to be concerned with light natured / white arts type things may behind the scenes be full of normal human interpersonal dynamics - not all of which are very enlightened. There have been lots of cautionary tales over the decades of this.

I think the smaller or more secret the society, the harder it will be for someone to vet how genuine it is and what people in it are like...whether it's really worth joining...never mind whether they'll let you join.
The Knight Templars were pretty secretive and identified as 'light natured'. There might have been other types in the two other civilizations I mentioned above.

There are some genuine good reasons you can think of as to why some light natured societies would be secretive, like what happens if you live somewhere that is a place where 'dark natured' or even 'black natured' power is extremely strong to the point where it permeates through multiple layers of society?

The Templars for similar reasons to navy seals did not want their members identified especially in some areas they operated. Military or civilian workers alike.

Think of some scenarios.

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Post by Aprophis »

Wizard wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:19 pm
The Knight Templars were pretty secretive and identified as 'light natured'.
They identified as christian and took part in Crusades, they didn't identify as light natured, that is solely your interpretation.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

HighSkies
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Post by HighSkies »

Aprophis wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:27 pm
Wizard wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:19 pm
The Knight Templars were pretty secretive and identified as 'light natured'.
They identified as christian and took part in Crusades, they didn't identify as light natured, that is solely your interpretation.
Well people mean it in the sense they had strict religious or moral and ethical codes that their members were expected to adhere by, and sometimes in the wording did mention it.

Anyway I’m just trying to bring up or find the closest examples people have in mind when they discuss ‘white art secret societies’.

If this doesn’t work there are these two civilisations that might have had them but we don’t know for certain. Did they likely not emerge into public or were too far back for any trace to be found?

HighSkies
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Post by HighSkies »

jesse1746 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:38 am
Lewk wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:40 pm
Can I add...I hope you don't mind me offering this advice...if you do join a society, hopefully it won't be one in which strong personalities will try to browbeat you or turn you into a passive follower. Don't give up your power to let others have power over you. And don't give away your lifesavings.

Due to human nature being what it is, societies that on the surface seem to be concerned with light natured / white arts type things may behind the scenes be full of normal human interpersonal dynamics - not all of which are very enlightened. There have been lots of cautionary tales over the decades of this.

I think the smaller or more secret the society, the harder it will be for someone to vet how genuine it is and what people in it are like...whether it's really worth joining...never mind whether they'll let you join.
Every group has drama and issues that's completely unavoidable the trick is not getting caught up in.

That and figure out positive ways to vent off any anger.

Do that every so often and it becomes much easier to maintain calm views regardless of the people or situation.

As for giving up power that sadly happens to most if not all but I find the trick is to know when to not care and when to stand your ground where it matters.

I say that because in today's world it is very hard to not surrender your power as everyone in government, work, schools, and religions etc demand you surrender to their so called "authority."

So unless you're living off grid in a remote part of the woods chances are you're giving up your power to someone. Sad but true fact of life.
Mainly 'true' because too many allow or permit it. If the amount of people who don't permit it is greater than those who do, then it wouldn't really have much sway.

On a universal level coercion is ultimately a universal evil unless you are preventing it from taking place. When you take away others' autonomy on any level against their will I mean.

Coercion redefines and radically changes other people's lives in the way the people doing it want them to be shaped away from what their lives would look like without it.

HighSkies
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Post by HighSkies »

Bottom line in the reply above states why coercion/dominance as a thing can be argued to be pretty much 'black arts' level of universally bad stuff anyone can do.*

HighSkies
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Post by HighSkies »

I also do not agree that 'White Arts' is purely about 'passiveness, pacifism etc, even in the presence of harm or bad'. This was almost never seen in any past belief system. There is far more to that side than just that.

Return to “White Arts”