White arts and the shadow

cairngorn
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3

White arts and the shadow

Post by cairngorn »

Hey, so I've bought white arts spirit bindings twice. Both times after receiving them I felt blissful but also had mild and short-lived increased awareness of my own anger, destructive tendencies and little petty meannesses.

This makes sense, light would draw attention to the shadow, right? I didn't have this with reiki, not even with the attunement that was supposed to cause this to happen. (Or I didn't notice.)

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel neutral about it, it's just interesting to notice. I think one spirit has helped me cool my annoyance with things sometimes.

Do any WA keepers do a lot of shadow work?

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 185
Spelled Number: 172
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo

Re: White arts and the shadow

Post by Lewk »

It must affect people differently. But, yes, WA-leaning keepers...all of us...have a shadow self and the related kind of stuff.

I often mention Franz Bardon, the well-known mid-20th century hermeticist, who taught a magic mirror of the soul method of self analysis and self improvement, as well as control of thoughts and habits. His system seems very light natured to me - or perhaps neutral but light leaning.

If, as CH teaches, all humans are of duality and are capable of both dark arts and white arts, then WA-leaning people are going to be supressing grey/dark stuff and DA-leaning people are going to be supressing wa stuff. On top of all the complexes we all have anyway.

Shadow self is universal, according to both Jung and occult lore...to the best of my knowledge.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

ilinga
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 13
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Post by ilinga »

It's interesting to think about it.
I'm still getting used to spirit keeping and have I only WA spirits bound to me at the moment. Although the most potent guardians in my life have been unbound DA spirits so far. I really appreciate the effect my WA spirits have on me (more patience, more resilince, more motivation, more calm) and can't say that I have felt such positive vibes in a long time.
I grew up with a slightly abusive mother and my self-esteem is sometimes non existent thanks to her. Feels like my WA spirits help me work that out now. While all the unbound DA spirits helped me dealing with my shadows.

Chavah
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Volkh, Fylgia
If I could be anything, I would be...: Bronwyn, Cherub, Arc
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Guardian of secret treasures

Post by Chavah »

WA to me is healing, recovery, optimum renewal towards an amazing magical future.

🕊️Chavah 🕊️
1x Anamchara 1x Archangel 1x Black Dragon 1x Cleopatra Djinn 1x Cherub 1x Deva 1x Fylgia 1x Crystal Glass Dragon 1x High Elf 1x Immortal 1x Intelligent Fae 1x Ki-Lin 1x Red Dragon 1x Star Fae 1x Sterling 1x Unicorn 1x Violet Flame Healing Angel 1x Waif Fae 2x Volkh 3x Angels (Living) 3x Bronwyn 3x Courtwind

Return to “White Arts”