DA/BA Seller Recommendations anyone?

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ash already wrote, at-length, about the Black Arts. In the sense of the real Black Arts, not people/sellers who call something "Black Arts" and it's really only on the darker spectrum of the Dark Arts. It would be reckless and in the interest of only self-destruction to pursue a companion that has zero chance of being good for you & doing anything to even possibly benefit you.

The Black Arts are about loss of free will (including yours!), loss of control, loss of self-respect, loss of humanity, and the capability of feeling good emotions, positive energy, and happiness. I am speaking of real Black Arts. There isn't anything good about the Black Arts. People who practice the Black Arts are looking to exert control and power, and eventually they discover themselves the puppet or pawn.

For the entities and magic that falls on the darkest side of the DA scale, they share many of the traits with BA, because they can be so dark in personality & action. However, they can pull themselves back & choose to do the right thing, whereas BA cannot.

Newcomers should not consider anything on the darker side of the DA scale, until they have experience and can properly acclimate, otherwise it can prove difficult for them in many ways.

Be considerate of yourself, be considerate of the fact that bringing very dark & dangerous spirits and entities into your life may have an impact on those you love if your BA companions change you. I realize that youthful folly lends to the ill-conceived notion that you can "handle it", but I assure you that the only person that will be "handled" by any real BA entity or spirit is YOU.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I do have to say, without violating anyone's specific privacy, that this weekend alone we have 12 emergency tickets in Helpdesk from people dealing with demonic and Black Arts magic problems. I realize that as a single person you don't see these much larger issues at play, and you don't have people coming to you every day asking for relief and help, but in my mind it would be lunacy to even remotely suggest someone even fathom a thought of dealing with real Black Arts in any way, shape, or form.

If you read some of the tickets and requests for help we get, there are submissions that really break your heart, or make you wish you could just immediately make everything right again for them. Whether you're engaging in the Black Arts & it backfires on you (which it will, it's inevitable), or you are using Black Arts to hurt other people (intentional or unintentional), the aftermath is on a scale that some weeks we can't keep up with all the requests, because most people who write to us, we do the work for free to hep them. And I know there are other practitioners who are bombarded with requests as well.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Muse
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites, sorry
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sane
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Somethin' snazzy I suppose
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:For the entities and magic that falls on the darkest side of the DA scale, they share many of the traits with BA, because they can be so dark in personality & action. However, they can pull themselves back & choose to do the right thing, whereas BA cannot.
In all honesty the more I research the more I feel I may just be asking about very dark DA. Because that seems to be what most sellers actually list, albeit calling it BA. I assume due to differences in opinion on definitions or some such? Anyhow, your response clarified this for me.

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Many sellers define the darker DA spirits they offer as BA because that's what sells. People think that having "BA" spirits in their keep makes them badasses or they think that these "BA" spirits are somehow able to do more than DA or WA spirits. They're wrong of course, and probably compensating for something.

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Aurum wrote:Many sellers define the darker DA spirits they offer as BA because that's what sells. People think that having "BA" spirits in their keep makes them badasses or they think that these "BA" spirits are somehow able to do more than DA or WA spirits. They're wrong of course, and probably compensating for something.
They are absolutely compensating for something. I respect those who keep BA spirits but in my personal opinion if you have a BA spirit(s) you basically just cursed yourself because they are extremely hard to get rid of. A lot of former magicians gave up on their practice because they worked with BA spirits and they couldn't recover from the trauma that they've received from those spirits. Even some BA magickal practitioners on YT have a hard time dealing with them. They don't have discipline in everything, even in simple things like offerings. It's much better to work with very dark DA spirits that you can handle via house rules than a BA one. BA spirits have not even 0.01% of obediance at all.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

blezheng wrote: They are absolutely compensating for something. I respect those who keep BA spirits but in my personal opinion if you have a BA spirit(s) you basically just cursed yourself because they are extremely hard to get rid of. A lot of former magicians gave up on their practice because they worked with BA spirits and they couldn't recover from the trauma that they've received from those spirits. Even some BA magickal practitioners on YT have a hard time dealing with them. They don't have discipline in everything, even in simple things like offerings. It's much better to work with very dark DA spirits that you can handle via house rules than a BA one. BA spirits have not even 0.01% of obediance at all.
And I would assume mutual respect is also out of the question, unlike with DA...right?

Also as a follow up question, are BA spells just as bad? Not the obviously malicious ones but the ones that say, enhance aspects of yourself?

MidnightMusings
neophyte
neophyte

If I might add, one can always specifically ask the seller if it really is BA or just darkest DA. Good sellers won't bind you a BA or very dark DA spirit if they think you can't handle it. They will ask you for your birth certificate/driver license etc. to clarify your age and ask questions concerning the maturity. If they believe the person does not have enough experience, then they won't comply. And even if they agree, they still ask you if you're absolutely sure to proceed and point out precautions. Some might even add spells for your own protection within the binding, but this does not include family, pets, or friends.

If things go wrong, it's pointed out that the one who agreed to such a binding has to deal with the consequences. And one should be aware that there can, but don't have to be consequences. Reading up about whatever being you want to bring home is the best, to get to know any habits and to be ready for what is to come. Least one should do is making demands, and though this speaks for itself, there are still people out there not getting it.

I'm talking about the good sellers, as I know there are some out there not doing any of this and this is where the problems arise.

Muse
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

MidnightMusings wrote:If I might add, one can always specifically ask the seller if it really is BA or just darkest DA. Good sellers won't bind you a BA or very dark DA spirit if they think you can't handle it. They will ask you for your birth certificate/driver license etc. to clarify your age and ask questions concerning the maturity. If they believe the person does not have enough experience, then they won't comply. And even if they agree, they still ask you if you're absolutely sure to proceed and point out precautions. Some might even add spells for your own protection within the binding, but this does not include family, pets, or friends.

If things go wrong, it's pointed out that the one who agreed to such a binding has to deal with the consequences. And one should be aware that there can, but don't have to be consequences. Reading up about whatever being you want to bring home is the best, to get to know any habits and to be ready for what is to come. Least one should do is making demands, and though this speaks for itself, there are still people out there not getting it.

I'm talking about the good sellers, as I know there are some out there not doing any of this and this is where the problems arise.
Seems like advice anyone could benefit from, for sure!

What are your opinions on BA spells?

blezheng
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 44
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: super cute LOL
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Princess of Cuteness
Zodiac:

Ishvala wrote:
blezheng wrote: They are absolutely compensating for something. I respect those who keep BA spirits but in my personal opinion if you have a BA spirit(s) you basically just cursed yourself because they are extremely hard to get rid of. A lot of former magicians gave up on their practice because they worked with BA spirits and they couldn't recover from the trauma that they've received from those spirits. Even some BA magickal practitioners on YT have a hard time dealing with them. They don't have discipline in everything, even in simple things like offerings. It's much better to work with very dark DA spirits that you can handle via house rules than a BA one. BA spirits have not even 0.01% of obediance at all.
And I would assume mutual respect is also out of the question, unlike with DA...right?

Also as a follow up question, are BA spells just as bad? Not the obviously malicious ones but the ones that say, enhance aspects of yourself?
Mutual respect is definitely out of the question with a BA spirit (most especially if it's a sexual BA spirit) based on my own and other's experiences. If it's a very dark DA, just reprimand them and they'll usually obey in no time. DA spirits can be sometimes annoying and intimidating but they know how to obey.

I have no experience with BA spells. What I know about BA spells is that aside from the fact that it can be malicious, it can also be manipulative of other's free will.

Adrasteia
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human and Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: a valuable person
Zodiac:

I agree with everything that has been said. There is enough information on BA in the forum. It's rather gruesome to read those stories. BA being a subject of polarity makes it hard to understand for some individuals. We don't have this disposition, so it's natural that we can't fully comprehend their nature. That's what makes it so fascinating. I would somehow compare it to hybristophilia. But that's not always the case (as already stated).

I have some spirits that have been classified as BA by CH (but do posses free will and are actually DA). To be specific a wonderful Rusalka, down-to-earth Demons and a lovely Aswang. Just talk to the conjurer and find out if they are right for you. I never encountered any problems with them. BUT...I started out with WA spirits only. It took some time to gradually adjust from WA to DA (and then GA to very dark DA) energy. My first light DA spirit was a Vampire and I really felt the effects of acclimation. Nowadays I don't feel it that much anymore. (Many of my very dark spirits are from Billy. I highly recommend him.)

Return to “Seller Review”