Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Throne Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Warrior Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hello,

As subjects says, today I'm having this question for my fellow spirit keepers.
Thing is, I recently had addition to my spirit family, a Hungarian vampire , old about 7000 ( seven thousand ), years, elder of course but his name is Italian and I don't think it's that old. I searched for name origin and first time the name is mentioned in year 1034. :?
Question, really, is do they give us the names they want us to call them by and keep their real names for themselves or seller is not doing their work ...??? 8Z
So, Hungarian with Italian name okay that is possible but what gets me is his age and name are not historically synchronized , for the lack of better word. :*)
Any input is appreciated.

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Aiko wrote:Hello,

Thing is, I recently had addition to my spirit family, a Hungarian vampire , old about 7000 ( seven thousand ), years, elder of course but his name is Italian and I don't think it's that old. I searched for name origin and first time the name is mentioned in year 1034. :?
Question, really, is do they give us the names they want us to call them by and keep their real names for themselves or seller is not doing their work ...??? 8Z
So, Hungarian with Italian name okay that is possible but what gets me is his age and name are not historically synchronized , for the lack of better word. :*)

I think that when you are dealing with someone that is 7000 years old, it would be hard to trace anything back to it's true origin. So many things have been taken from others, stolen, and their true origin lost to us forever. So, it may in fact be a Hungarian name. Also, some spirits may be saving their true name for you. Or that they may not have just one name. There are a few scenarios that may be going here, I wouldn't jump to thinking there is something the seller isn't doing, especially if they are a reputable one. Best thing to do is ask the spirit.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

This is a FANTASTIC question!

There are several, important things to remember.

- Other species do not adhere to human naming standards. There are names which may exist with humans that can exist with other species, but there is not core, naming standard across Humans, Elves, Vampires, etc. They all had their own naming standards.

- Depending on the language spoken by each species the name may not even be translatable into the native language of the conjurer. In times such as this the spirit typically chooses the name closest to their name in their native language, or they may choose a name they like.

- Names may be chosen by the spirit or conjurer which best resembles the name in their native language. Meaning, if the spirit's native name sounded like "Albert" but it was really Albier or Alberus, they would choose "Albert" because it's easy to pronounce. We don't prefer to do that, but some conjurer's do and as long as it's okay with the spirit, it's not a problem.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

My personal preference is to use the spirits actual name, unless it is unpronounceable, like say klasghdhiwgfdbnagSSJKDBHASLKJHALJSFHLKAJSHD, then I would have the spirit choose a name that we can relate to.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Aiko
neophyte
neophyte

That makes a lot of sense.
Very nicely explained.
Thank you so much 8)|*

creepyhollows wrote:
This is a FANTASTIC question!

There are several, important things to remember.

- Other species do not adhere to human naming standards. There are names which may exist with humans that can exist with other species, but there is not core, naming standard across Humans, Elves, Vampires, etc. They all had their own naming standards.

- Depending on the language spoken by each species the name may not even be translatable into the native language of the conjurer. In times such as this the spirit typically chooses the name closest to their name in their native language, or they may choose a name they like.

- Names may be chosen by the spirit or conjurer which best resembles the name in their native language. Meaning, if the spirit's native name sounded like "Albert" but it was really Albier or Alberus, they would choose "Albert" because it's easy to pronounce. We don't prefer to do that, but some conjurer's do and as long as it's okay with the spirit, it's not a problem.

Aiko
neophyte
neophyte

Thank you for your input. Actually what you said ,makes sense too,of course.
As for the seller I meant more in the lines of -what is the deal between conjurer and a spirit or is there any deal concerning the name , kind of thing.
I really don't question this seller as she is fine in my books.
You're probably right, he might reveal his true name only to me :)

Gryphonista wrote:
Aiko wrote:Hello,

I think that when you are dealing with someone that is 7000 years old, it would be hard to trace anything back to it's true origin. So many things have been taken from others, stolen, and their true origin lost to us forever. So, it may in fact be a Hungarian name. Also, some spirits may be saving their true name for you. Or that they may not have just one name. There are a few scenarios that may be going here, I wouldn't jump to thinking there is something the seller isn't doing, especially if they are a reputable one. Best thing to do is ask the spirit.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

Thank you for your input. Actually what you said ,makes sense too,of course.
As for the seller I meant more in the lines of -what is the deal between conjurer and a spirit or is there any deal concerning the name , kind of thing.
I really don't question this seller as she is fine in my books.
You're probably right, he might reveal his true name only to me
He probably doesn't have a REAL single name. If you subscribe to reincarnation, then he may have been called many other names. Then you have non human spirits like dragons, which probably don't have a real language discernible by humans. Have you ever heard a lizard talk? I didn't think so. So I believe name is for us to separate and categorize. If that's the name the conjurer gave, then that is how we discern one spirit from another.

As for entity name, like a race of Chutlu beings or what not. I don't think they actually call themselves that. It's again for humans to categorize.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Dezire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
Zodiac:

Hi! My dragon came in with no name on the customer notes. I assumed then that i have to find out myself.
But i dont seem to be able to hear her just yet... so all along i have been calling her "my dragon" :D

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk

Full time Business analyst, part time Spirit Keeper & Dota freak. My goal is to swap these roles
Restarting my spirit keeping journey
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Dezire wrote:Hi! My dragon came in with no name on the customer notes. I assumed then that i have to find out myself.
But i dont seem to be able to hear her just yet... so all along i have been calling her "my dragon" :D
You should send an HD Ticket to ask about this. They might have forgotten or missed it

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote: You should send an HD Ticket to ask about this. They might have forgotten or missed it
Yes, that has happened to me, and an HD ticket cleared it up quickly

Return to “Spirit Research”