Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Bad habits in the paranormal can pretty much destroy any true potential you have. Most bad habits are common human behavior born through the 21st century of "me, me, me" and "now, now, now". If you're mindful of these pitfalls then you can be counted among the lucky who have a chance of an extraordinary existence in this lifetime.

#1 BEING IMPATIENT

This is probably in the top 3 for being the biggest killer of someone's journey. The paranormal does not run on the 21st century time table of "I want it now". If you've been working with a new spirit or spell for a week or even a month it doesn't mean it's time to throw in the towel and move on. You need to be realistic.

Spirit Keepers & Magick Enthusiasts spend valuable time creating the necessary connections and bonds that develop a symbiotic relationship for a lifetime. When you first become a part of the paranormal community you need to shed the shortsightedness and get out the binoculars because this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

If you're here because you just wanted something to immediately change your entire life and solve all your problems then you're in it for the wrong reasons and no one will be surprised when you say it's not working for you.

If you're here because you realized there's more to life than reality television and your 9 to 5 job then align yourself with the mindset that the paranormal community is about life and not about the quick fix.

Be invested in your success, be patient, thoughtful & mindful in your decisions when it comes to your paranormal journey, and really surround yourself with energies of encouragement and faith because for those who are serious about the paranormal the rewards are life-changing.

It's going to take time to become someone who can see spirits in full manifestations, master telepathy, know every single spirit interaction, be able to command magick, and experience the full range of power you see others exhibiting.

The paranormal is also not black & white so while some spirits may take more time to bond and engage with, there are other spirit races who you will immediately get along with. Every spirit race is different, every path of magick is different, and just because one doesn't work for you doesn't mean they all will not work for you. Or, that if you bond very quickly with one type of spirit or you work really well with one type of magick that they will all be that way.

You have to be willing to put in the time & effort you want to get back out of your experiences.

#2 LISTENING TO BAD ADVICE

Sometimes people mean well and they really don't mean any harm, they're just simply giving you their opinion. You need to be mindful of not falling into the trap of the "blind leading the blind". It's a great act of camaraderie for newbies to talk to newbies but be cautious of taking advice from someone who is just as new as you. If you've asked a question out on social media or social boards and someone answers you it's not shameful to ask their experience or background in the situation. You really need to know who you are listening to.

This applies even if they are local friends or family. If they aren't actually Spirit Keepers themselves or they don't actually practice magick the way you are, then their advice (while nice) isn't going to help you much. There are some things in the paranormal which do overlap but overall you'll find the advice to be unhelpful at best and misleading at worst.

#3 NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

This usually stems from assumptions or bad information. If you're not sure get a valid answer. Even if you think you're sure, if you're new to this, get a valid answer. I see this a lot here and on social media where someone says "A friend of a friend said...", or "I had my local spiritualist look at this...", or "My great aunt Lola said..." and the proceeding information is way off base. This is particularly true when I see people stating that these third parties have evaluated their spirit bindings or spell bindings and have declared them to either be empty or not what their friend/client/nephew/etc ordered. Then the poster goes back to the practitioner/seller in a snit because they have it on "good authority" their bindings aren't legitimate... when in all honesty their "good authority" isn't an authority at all.

It's no big secret that almost all reputable practitioners cloak their bindings. It's a safety measure for you, for the practitioner to protect their work, and especially for any spirit or entity. Any outside third party person you have prying into your bindings aren't going to see anything. We use dead spells on our vessels for many reasons which have be outlined in other threads. You will find that these days most reputable practitioners use them. Even if your bindings were to be decloaked if the spirit or entity doesn't want to talk to your great Aunt Lola then it's not going to happen.

This is just one example of the many, many, many Ash & I both see out there in the community. With the immense volume of valuable information out there (especially on here) regarding Spirit Keeping & Magick you really need to know what you're talking about before you ruin not only your own journey but possibly the journey of someone else.

#4 BEING JUDGMENTAL

Everyone was new to this at one point, no matter how wise or powerful they may be now. There's no room for judgement when we've all been the "new guy" before. Everyone is different, everyone's journey is different, every path is different. You would be far better served to open your mind and listen to opposing view points for the sake of your own wisdom than to figure out how to judge/belittle/shame someone who disagrees with your opinions.

Of course it's not easy to get started because it's natural human reaction to want to sway someone to your way of thinking or prove you're the one who's right. However, if you allow an experience to simply be an experience rather than a reason for validation of your personal beliefs, then you will find your mind begins to work in new & exciting ways. Your mind won't always be trying to figure out how you can prove someone wrong or feel like you need outside validation for you to be right. Instead your mind becomes free to explore and reflect on higher paths of thought.

#5 NOT GIVING YOURSELF ENOUGH CREDIT

You don't have to be the great & powerful Oz to be successful in the paranormal. You just have to want it bad enough you're willing to give it the nurturing time it takes. There are people who come into this path with no abilities, some who have one or two abilities, and some who are gifted... however, you'll soon realize that most who comes to this community are here because they felt a calling to this lifestyle, not because they already have incredible supernatural abilities.

Give yourself credit! You're here, which means you are already light years beyond the average Joes of the world. Trust yourself, give yourself time, and do not lose faith in your journey because there are greater things in this existence than mindless distractions of secular life.

The paranormal community is very supportive of their own and as much as you want this for yourself we all want it for you too!

#6 MICRO-ANALYZING YOUR JOURNEY

Do not micro-manage your journey to the point you forget to just let things evolve naturally. You do not need to analyze every situation, every happening, every step with a microscope. You should try to be organized, think about your goals & your future, but do not micro-analyze every step.

The more you to try to stack up your own journey against the experiences of someone else, the more you make unrealistic standards for your experiences, and the more minutia-driven you become the less and less focus you have for what is important. The paranormal does not run on any standard time table, it does not award milestones for everyone at the same time or the same pace, and it does not bend or yield because you demand it to... the supernatural is super-natural because it defies the common standards of ordinary life. Don't try to fit the paranormal into your normal life, you need to evolve from normal to paranormal.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
panduran
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: LIGHT GUIDE
My magical/paranormal name...: Brahaspathi
Zodiac:

To be frank, some of your recent encouragements and guidance on spirit keeping are perfectly suits to my current situations, I feel as if you are directly addressing to me But, certainly enlightening. We are fortunate enough to have a Master like you,in our paranormal journey. Thank you so much,Magnolia.

brisky
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Thanks so much for this. I love reading your articles! 1ht

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

All the gems of wisdom in this article.

If only everyone, even outside this community, would accept this:
creepyhollows wrote:Everyone is different, everyone's journey is different, every path is different. You would be far better served to open your mind and listen to opposing view points for the sake of your own wisdom than to figure out how to judge/belittle/shame someone who disagrees with your opinions.
the world would be a better place.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Thanks for posting this reminder.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
shoutalong
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 150
Spelled Number: 250
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons and vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

creepyhollows wrote:Image

there are greater things in this existence than mindless distractions of secular life.

The paranormal does not run on any standard time table, it does not award milestones for everyone at the same time or the same pace, and it does not bend or yield because you demand it to... the supernatural is super-natural because it defies the common standards of ordinary life. Don't try to fit the paranormal into your normal life, you need to evolve from normal to paranormal.
These are two things I've felt so strongly in my paranormal path. That's such a great way to put it, secular life for me was/is just endless distractions as opposed to what I feel is truly important. And my abilities have developed in unexpected ways, though I have put the time and focus in, spending time with magick and with my spirits (and I plan on putting in more!). My life has gradually evolved into the paranormal being the most important aspect.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

Thank you, I definitely needed to see this, be reminded about 5 and 6. ^_^ And 1, still, although I am trying to fix those three.

Cheers!

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I think one of the things that makes it hard on the brand-new keepers is that when they happen upon the CH forums, they're immediately exposed to the posts of people who are writing, "I was at work the other day and my dragon said...", or "My Ubi arrived yesterday and HUBBA HUBBA, what an introduction!", and so on.

So they're seeing these people's vivid experiences, right from the word go, and they might not realize that these posters did not have an "instant on" telepathic ability. It's not obvious, from reading these posts, that the people writing them needed months or even years to reach the point where they are now. So the new arrivals place an order and think they're going to have some instant HUBBA HUBBA when the package arrives, and it doesn't work like that. If it did, a whole lot more people would be involved in paranormal endeavors, and meta activity would be the norm rather than the fringe.

It takes patience. And persistence. And flexibility, inasmuch as folks will have to be willing to try a variety of methods in order to determine which processes work best for them.

But then again, anything worth having is worth working for.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I think one of the things that makes it hard on the brand-new keepers is that when they happen upon the CH forums, they're immediately exposed to the posts of people who are writing, "I was at work the other day and my dragon said...", or "My Ubi arrived yesterday and HUBBA HUBBA, what an introduction!", and so on.

So they're seeing these people's vivid experiences, right from the word go, and they might not realize that these posters did not have an "instant on" telepathic ability. It's not obvious, from reading these posts, that the people writing them needed months or even years to reach the point where they are now. So the new arrivals place an order and think they're going to have some instant HUBBA HUBBA when the package arrives, and it doesn't work like that. If it did, a whole lot more people would be involved in paranormal endeavors, and meta activity would be the norm rather than the fringe.

It takes patience. And persistence. And flexibility, inasmuch as folks will have to be willing to try a variety of methods in order to determine which processes work best for them.

But then again, anything worth having is worth working for.
Exactly :)

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer